R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #136
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

I wonder why motonica is comming with a 4wd version. This car will be an outlaw on the current classic class
Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

From the beginning Motonica had a 2wd and 4wd pan car. The original P8 Classic was 2wd and P8 Base was 4wd. The P8C and P8F are the second generation of cars. Unlike the first generation, the P8C and F are pretty much identical except for the 4wd parts.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:27 AM   #138
Tech Adept

Default DFX 2WD Pan Car

Didier sent me pictures of my finished DFX car they put together for me!!
Hopefully I will get it in a week or two. So will have a Motonica P8C and a DFX car to compare.

Dale
Attached Thumbnails
European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-dxf-st1.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-dxf-st2.jpg  
djmachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #139
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does the DFX car have a rear diff option? I was wondering due to the pics on Motonica's site shows their 2wd 1/8th scale car had a diff in it in the rear.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #140
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmachinist View Post
Didier sent me pictures of my finished DFX car they put together for me!!
Hopefully I will get it in a week or two. So will have a Motonica P8C and a DFX car to compare.

Dale
Very nice looking Dale!
Hope you have it being sent via FX IP1 / Int'l Priority so we can check it out
at the GulfCoast GP this weekend! Maybe the Moto too? I wouldn't mind a
little bit of 2WD Pan Stick Time
Old 11-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #141
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Does the DFX car have a rear diff option? I was wondering due to the pics on Motonica's site shows their 2wd 1/8th scale car had a diff in it in the rear.
Yes, Both cars come with a Gear diff as standard equipment, not a option.
Motonica has your choice of a Gear diff or a Ball Diff. A 2wd car must run a rear diff if you want any performance at all.

Dale
Old 11-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #142
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
I wonder why motonica is comming with a 4wd version. This car will be an outlaw on the current classic class
I think the idea here is to offer an entry level 4wd car that supposed to be easier to set-up than a full blown 4wd open chassis to the newbie to 4wd.

Dale
Old 11-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #143
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BODZ Terry B. View Post
Very nice looking Dale!
Hope you have it being sent via FX IP1 / Int'l Priority so we can check it out
at the GulfCoast GP this weekend! Maybe the Moto too? I wouldn't mind a
little bit of 2WD Pan Stick Time
Terry,
I doubt I will have the car in time for this weekend, however, My Mugen MRX4-X is ready to go!! Looking forward to this race, the weather will be perfect and watching the visiting american and european drivers is going to be a blast!!

See you at the race,
Dale
Old 11-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #144
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motojon

"Cheap" or "Spec" only last for so long Sedan used to be cheap and the spec class for nitro. Now look at it.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #145
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojon View Post
"Cheap" or "Spec" only last for so long Sedan used to be cheap and the spec class for nitro. Now look at it.
Look at the USVTA racing for 1/10 electrics , they ( whoever they are...or is ) seems they have a well thought outrules package and really seem to adhere to it . Exactly what needs to be done for this class. the trick is getting someone to do it.
1/8 oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #146
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool View Post
Look at the USVTA racing for 1/10 electrics , they ( whoever they are...or is ) seems they have a well thought outrules package and really seem to adhere to it . Exactly what needs to be done for this class. the trick is getting someone to do it.
I have ask the DXF guys for a copy for the French rules for this class which they call 1/8 scale gas "Classic". I will give it a shot at writing a set of US rules. I will post them when I get a rough Draft done for review and comment.

Dale
Old 11-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #147
Tech Master

Here are the Italian rules, as translated by Google... I'll try to get a better translation, but I think it's pretty easy to figure out most of it:

4.11.1 The Automodelli in order to compete in this category will have to respect the rules generates them of the field track 1/8 in addition to the following detailed lists.
• 4 Wheels • Propulsion on the posterior wheels
• Prohibition of I use of the change of speed of any type and/or kind
• The automodelli they must be endowed of differentiates them on the rear axle or of “rigid pole”, they are not admitted differentiates them you any self-locking tipologia
• Chassis monoblock without articulations; it can be constituted from several fixed elements solidly between they and that they form a not deformable entirety except the natural flexibility of the materials.
• Shocks-absorber or any flexible system on the same chassis are prohibited; a support of the front or posterior train is authorized a solo, articulated at maximum three heads (balancing)
• The suspensions, also blocked are prohibited.
• The independent wheels are prohibited: No relative movement between the wheels of the same train to outside of the effects of the steering. The ship-boys of a same train (front or posterior) must be fixed on the same element (balancing chassis or). In balancing case of posterior, the axles of the drive wheels must be fixed on the same element.
• Admitted Ι the use of cardanic axle shafts.
• In case it is used of the fuselli, their implantation must be assured from (at least) a loyal element with the element of support of the train (Avantreno or Retrotreno).
• The minimal weight: 2300 grams (without transponder and with empty tank).
• The usable auto bodies can be Group C, GT1, GT2, Sport Prototype, Can-Am, Small series of the Mans. It is not demanded that EFRA are accredited
• All the types of stock-pot can be used, also without homologation EFRA • A filter is admitted air of any tipologia also without homologation EFRA • It is confirmed that the duration of the qualification batteries will be of 7 minuteren
• The participation of fired pilots EFRA To of the field 1/8 track and track 1/10 is not admitted. For all the other technical characteristics to make reference to the regulations of the field track 1/8

Old 11-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #148
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Here are the Italian rules, as translated by Google... I'll try to get a better translation, but I think it's pretty easy to figure out most of it:

4.11.1 The Automodelli in order to compete in this category will have to respect the rules generates them of the field track 1/8 in addition to the following detailed lists.
• 4 Wheels • Propulsion on the posterior wheels
• Prohibition of I use of the change of speed of any type and/or kind
• The automodelli they must be endowed of differentiates them on the rear axle or of “rigid pole”, they are not admitted differentiates them you any self-locking tipologia
• Chassis monoblock without articulations; it can be constituted from several fixed elements solidly between they and that they form a not deformable entirety except the natural flexibility of the materials.
• Shocks-absorber or any flexible system on the same chassis are prohibited; a support of the front or posterior train is authorized a solo, articulated at maximum three heads (balancing)
• The suspensions, also blocked are prohibited.
• The independent wheels are prohibited: No relative movement between the wheels of the same train to outside of the effects of the steering. The ship-boys of a same train (front or posterior) must be fixed on the same element (balancing chassis or). In balancing case of posterior, the axles of the drive wheels must be fixed on the same element.
• Admitted Ι the use of cardanic axle shafts.
• In case it is used of the fuselli, their implantation must be assured from (at least) a loyal element with the element of support of the train (Avantreno or Retrotreno).
• The minimal weight: 2300 grams (without transponder and with empty tank).
• The usable auto bodies can be Group C, GT1, GT2, Sport Prototype, Can-Am, Small series of the Mans. It is not demanded that EFRA are accredited
• All the types of stock-pot can be used, also without homologation EFRA • A filter is admitted air of any tipologia also without homologation EFRA • It is confirmed that the duration of the qualification batteries will be of 7 minuteren
• The participation of fired pilots EFRA To of the field 1/8 track and track 1/10 is not admitted. For all the other technical characteristics to make reference to the regulations of the field track 1/8
Garen,
Thanks for the rules posting, I'll try to "Americanise" this into something we can use. What do you think of the fuel nitro content? Most of us in open 4wd in this area are using 25% nitro. Should we propose something less: say 15 or 20 %? Any thoughts on this? Back "in the day" 40% was common, but we did not have the fuel/time issues then that we have now.

Dale
Old 11-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #149
Tech Master

How would you tech fuel?

Old 11-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #150
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
How would you tech fuel?
The way we have done it in the past is the fuel is supplied by the hosting club. Frankly, I wish I had not brought up the issue!!! Nevermind!!!

Dale