Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radio ?????'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default Radio ?????'s

I have a question does Futuba crystals work on a Airtronics M-8??? And visa versa.

thanks
Old 02-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, but they can cause glitiching and it probably be unpredictable, stick with the brand of Radio cystals(M8 to Airtronics,2PL to futaba etc...)
Old 02-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

yeah
Old 02-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default ???

I have a question. I am in the market for a radio system for my LD3 Pro. I am having some problems figuring out which system to go with. When running onroad using front one way is it crucial to have a system that features ABS? I was looking long and hard at the JR XS3 but I don't believe it has ABS I was also looking at the Futuba 2PL, I like the price and features but would rather go FM. I am now lookin at KO PROPO Mars (Helios is way too pricey for me at this point). So is ABS necessary guys? Could use some help here
Old 02-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: ???

ABS system is good to have but not a must especially if you will be running a one-way diff where braking is or should seldem used. I would say the old futaba 3PD radio or if you have enough dough, why not look into the JR R-1 .

Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
I have a question. I am in the market for a radio system for my LD3 Pro. I am having some problems figuring out which system to go with. When running onroad using front one way is it crucial to have a system that features ABS? I was looking long and hard at the JR XS3 but I don't believe it has ABS I was also looking at the Futuba 2PL, I like the price and features but would rather go FM. I am now lookin at KO PROPO Mars (Helios is way too pricey for me at this point). So is ABS necessary guys? Could use some help here
Old 02-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: ???

Originally posted by Tag
ABS system is good to have but not a must especially if you will be running a one-way diff where braking is or should seldem used. I would say the old futaba 3PD radio or if you have enough dough, why not look into the JR R-1 .
i have raced for the past 3 years with a JR-R-1 and never had a glitch or any other problems with it . It has alot of options for setting up your abs anywhere from how and when your abs starts to work,and you can set your abs to work when you are turning but not while you are going straight or the other way around. Is a little complicated but with a little time its one of the best radios out there.But thats only my opinion.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply's. Ok, it has come down to either JR XS3 or KO PROPO EX MARS and I would like to buy tomorrow. Which one would you guys get The MARS seems like a good value now that the Helios is out. I like how small the reciever is and I have heard nothing but good things about KO PROPO. On the other hand the JR XS3 means no more buying crystals and it does include servos. hmmm...kinda leaning towards the KO PROPO but not sure
Old 02-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the reply's. Ok, it has come down to either JR XS3 or KO PROPO EX MARS and I would like to buy tomorrow. Which one would you guys get The MARS seems like a good value now that the Helios is out. I like how small the reciever is and I have heard nothing but good things about KO PROPO. On the other hand the JR XS3 means no more buying crystals and it does include servos. hmmm...kinda leaning towards the KO PROPO but not sure
either of them are good , the R-1 you can choose the fm modulation from fm to pcm or to zpcm with the zpcm you can activate the fail-safe function that its on the radio.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Do I have to use digital servos with KO PROPO mars?? And if so what is the deal with programming digital servos? Is it difficult??
Old 02-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Do I have to use digital servos with KO PROPO mars?? And if so what is the deal with programming digital servos? Is it difficult??
im not sure i dont have the KO PROPO i own the R-1
Old 02-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

i dont think so
Old 02-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default question

I have an m8 radio 40mhz...I cant use it here in ca coz its illegal.is it ok if i just change the module/rx/crystals to 25 or 75mhz?any info?thanks.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

bulldog, yes, you can change the module to 75mhz. suggestion is to get the novak switch module for the m8 so yu can just dial in your frequency. no more crystals.

nitropimp, for the 27mhz yes the futaba rx crystal will work but not the transmitter crystal. for 75mhz no, futaba has a different shift than the airtronics. tried the futaba tx crystal in the m8 and everything went haywire. am using futaba rx crstals in sanwa/airtronics receiver no problem.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: ???

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
i have raced for the past 3 years with a JR-R-1 and never had a glitch or any other problems with it . It has alot of options for setting up your abs anywhere from how and when your abs starts to work,and you can set your abs to work when you are turning but not while you are going straight or the other way around. Is a little complicated but with a little time its one of the best radios out there.But thats only my opinion.

Tend to agree with the..."it's one of the best radios out there statement"...my R-1 has been 100% trouble free and the setup options are many. I think the R-1 is probably one the most under rated radio systems around, rarely is it ever talked about or recomended it seems.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default m8

thanks mini racer.appreciate it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.