R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Kyosho Conversions? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/33387-kyosho-conversions.html)

BrainTeased 02-12-2004 03:52 AM

Kyosho Conversions?

Is it possible to convert a V one S to a V one R or V one RR or even to a V one RR evo? also with the FW-05R is that the pro version of another new kyosho model FW - 05S (notice the "S") or is this FW-05S the newer and better model ? my next nitro car will diffentelly be a kyosho but just choosing between V one S (if i can convert it later down the track) or V one RR evo or FW-05R or FW-05S
All comments appreicated guys!
Cheers
James

centax error! 02-12-2004 03:59 AM

S = Sport ( entry level)
R = Racer

hope this helps:blush:

CE!

BrainTeased 02-13-2004 12:18 AM

Thank you that clears up one bit :P just 2 bits left to go!
one is can the V one S be converted to a V one R or RR or RR evo
also if R= Racing what is RR? :P

Taylor-Racing 02-13-2004 01:39 AM

The V-One S and V-One R are different cars, though they share quite a few parts.
The "RR" stands for Racing Racing, of course. :lol:
Maybe it was a bad day at Kyosho. :lol:

Dexter 02-13-2004 02:41 AM

So long story short yes it could be converted but for the price u may aswell go the whole hog and buy the Evo or 05R straight off.

BrainTeased 02-13-2004 03:34 AM

RR= racing racing = lol!
and thanks dextor! yea i know it will end up costing alot more to upgrade to the hop ups etc... but i think the FW-05R only has a single speed trans in it! and its cheaper than the RR evo meaning it doesnt have alloy parts in it i think i have no idea! but yea its just theres a few 2nd hand goodies for the V one S around thats all so just wanted to do my homework :P but yea i think ill just stick with saving up and researching on the RR evo and the FW-05R and building the car from the chassis and up! cant wait till i get my TGX back from the hobbies so much research yet i havent really driven the car! lol thanks for ya input guys! but keep them coming if there are any more! :P

BrainTeased 02-13-2004 05:31 AM

Also may i know what the difference with V one RR and V one RR evos plz!! about to buy a V one RR maybe!!
Or if your really keen can you tell me what the difference with the 3 models below
V one R
V one RR
V one RR evo
Thanks guys!

dameetz 02-13-2004 06:46 AM

Originally posted by BrainTeased
Also may i know what the difference with V one RR and V one RR evos plz!! about to buy a V one RR maybe!!
Or if your really keen can you tell me what the difference with the 3 models below
V one R
V one RR
V one RR evo
Thanks guys!

V1RR Evo is the latest design of all V1 series. It has a lay down steering servo for use of belcrank system sort of ala MTX3 or 710 . I have both RR and Evo version, Evo is a better handling car.

BrainTeased 02-13-2004 06:55 AM

hi thanks for that so is it possible if i was to have a V one RR could i later convert it to a RR evo? as theres a cheap RR 2nd hand deal i wanna grab my hands on. :)

ziggy12345 02-13-2004 08:35 AM

I just converted my RR to Evo but if you dont have the RR then go for the Evo straight away as it will be cheaper than buying the RR and converting it.

I have seen both the Evo and the FW-05 on the track and say that the FW-05 is a better small track car where the evo would beat it on a larger track

The Evo conversion has the laydown servo and 4mm longer front wishbones for better front suspension geometry

Cheers

jeffreylin 02-13-2004 09:43 AM

RR= racing racing = lol!
and thanks dextor! yea i know it will end up costing alot more to upgrade to the hop ups etc... but i think the FW-05R only has a single speed trans in it! and its cheaper than the RR evo meaning it doesnt have alloy parts in it i think i have no idea! but yea its just theres a few 2nd hand goodies for the V one S around thats all so just wanted to do my homework :P but yea i think ill just stick with saving up and researching on the RR evo and the FW-05R and building the car from the chassis and up! cant wait till i get my TGX back from the hobbies so much research yet i havent really driven the car! lol thanks for ya input guys! but keep them coming if there are any more! :P

The FW-05R comes with a 2 speed. According to RCCA magazine it is faster out of the box than the V1RR Evo.

BrainTeased 02-13-2004 03:50 PM

thanks guys! that helps alot with my decision makings etc.. so does the FW - 05R have all the improvements of what RR evo had on the RR?
EG. "The Evo conversion has the laydown servo and 4mm longer front wishbones for better front suspension geometry"
Does anyone know any sites that has a comparison chart or article for the Kyosho models of RR evo and FW-05R ?
Cheers guys.

jeffreylin 02-13-2004 07:24 PM

thanks guys! that helps alot with my decision makings etc.. so does the FW - 05R have all the improvements of what RR evo had on the RR?
EG. "The Evo conversion has the laydown servo and 4mm longer front wishbones for better front suspension geometry"
Does anyone know any sites that has a comparison chart or article for the Kyosho models of RR evo and FW-05R ?
Cheers guys.

The FW-05R has the lay down servo and actually longer front arms than the RR Evo I think. There was a comparison article in RCCA a couple of month ago. You should also read the FW-05R thread in RC Tech.

BrainTeased 02-14-2004 05:51 AM

sorry what site is the rcca? and i'll go have a good read of that FW-05R thread i think i've read it but i guess only briefly thanks though :)
Cheers

jeffreylin 02-14-2004 11:58 AM

sorry what site is the rcca? and i'll go have a good read of that FW-05R thread i think i've read it but i guess only briefly thanks though :)
Cheers

RCCA is Radio Control Car Action. It's a magazine. I don't know if they post the stories on their site but here it is:

http://www.rccaraction.com/