Originally Posted by .30dm1
...i have been have ing pronlems with blowing my spur gears everytime i run the car.
I would check the following items:
1. engine mounting, ensure that the only place the engine is touching is the mounts, if any portion of the engine block is touching the chassis, the engine will vibrate loose from the mounts.
- had to create a clearance area on one of my earlier chassis.
- also may need to add a 1mm shim plate under the engine mount flanges.
2. ensure that you have 2-3 bearings in the front of the clutch bell.
3. check the engine mount screws, make sure they are not bottoming out.