Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
New touring Body >

New touring Body

New touring Body

Old 09-21-2009, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by occ
See the interesting comment from Protoform designer Dale Epp after this story? He doesn't sound happy.
Lol i didnt see that earlier. I can see the similarities between the two but this one looks heaps better than the 3.1. Maybe im also biased because im a Volkswagen/Audi man haha.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:23 AM
ub
Tech Rookie

Well, if you take a close look to the PF Stratus 3.1 and the - latest - Audi A5 body I sure also Dale Epp will realise lots of differences. For example the corrugation on the side are a typical Audi characteristic and was an important point to receive the official Audi approval. Furthermore the longer rear end and the edgewise flaps at the front-end are prominent and a distinguishing factor. But as set above at the end is a touring car with four wheels, a roof and a front as well as a rear end, a radiator grill and a rear wing. But from my point of view this Audi body will bring back the original look of a car onto the rc tracks.
Attached Thumbnails New touring Body-bild5.jpg  
Old 09-21-2009, 03:44 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm wondering when Protoform will release a new TC body?

At the moment here in Germany the Audi A5 ist the body to have!
Old 09-21-2009, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Where to buy them.

Who has them forsale ,like to try one .
Old 09-21-2009, 06:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Who has them forsale ,like to try one .

New from Xceed RC is this Audi A5 1/10 scale 200mm body.

SERPENT AMERICA

HOPE THIS HELPS YA OUT BW

http://www.redrc.net/2009/09/xceed-r...10-scale-body/

Last edited by rcpaintinpete; 09-21-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Renault_Tech
Lol i didnt see that earlier. I can see the similarities between the two but this one looks heaps better than the 3.1. Maybe im also biased because im a Volkswagen/Audi man haha.
Dale's comment doesn't make him look good being that he is in charge of Protoform's body development. It makes him sound bitter. What he should be doing is developing a few more bodies (like they use to have back in the early 2000s when I got into racing) instead of sounding bitter that another company beat him to the punch.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There will be a new 200mm touring body available soon from Protoform!
HTML Code:
Had a lot of guys at the Nat’s asked me “will there ever be a new 200mm sedan body release from Pf?” Ya, I know – that Stratus 3.1 is getting pretty long in the tooth. (but somehow it's still being used to win races all over the world)  No worries though, a new “R5-N” will be released in 3 to 4 weeks. I’m expecting it to be a pretty serious step forward in appearance and performance
as quoted from Dale Epps from the 09 Nats thread!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
New from Xceed RC is this Audi A5 1/10 scale 200mm body.

SERPENT AMERICA

HOPE THIS HELPS YA OUT BW

http://www.redrc.net/2009/09/xceed-r...10-scale-body/
And the part number is XCE104028 hope this helps him out even more.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

this body just looks AMAZING!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'll take 5 of them please. Now the waiting game to see how long before they arrive in the States.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
I'll take 5 of them please. Now the waiting game to see how long before they arrive in the States.
From what I have read, it is suppose to hit the US shores within the next two to three weeks. If it is out now, I don't see why it is not available everywhere.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

Dale's comment doesn't make him look good being that he is in charge of Protoform's body development. It makes him sound bitter....instead of sounding bitter that another company beat him to the punch.
JLock: ...beat me to what punch?

Bitter?? No, absolutely not. Slightly annoyed? Yes, for sure - and I think I have every right to be. If you were in my shoes you’d have no problem understanding my position.

This stuff has been going on for years – and seems to only get worse. When I attended the Toy fair in Germany I found at least a dozen different versions of my best sellers. Mostly from Asia, Germany and Italy. Some companies have stooped so low as to leave the “Protoform” name in the bodies to make it easier to sell. (ala: Oakley, Rolex, Tommy Hilfiger etc etc) and only changed the part number. So…..I get to do all the design work, testing, marketing, as well as pay the licensing fees. They get to collect the easy profits.

At least Ocan/Exceed made a few small changes – unlike Reckward Tuning who like so many others thought it was cool to just rip me off 100%
http://www.redrc.net/2008/05/rt-stre...ody/#more-9223

I’ve always had the belief that the “grey matter” between our ears was put there to be creative and inventive, and to do good to our fellow man – not to just think up a lazy man’s way to steal from others.

Thanks to you racers out there that support r/c companies that work hard and live by standards of honest and integrity. If they go out of business - new developement will pretty much cease.

Dale - Protoform
Old 09-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Xceed said around weekend arrive !
Old 09-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

With all respect to what Dale is saying. I think if you look at the pic posted above of the orange car running the A5 doesn't look like the PF Stratus much the lines look so much different. But again this is just my opion.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
With all respect to what Dale is saying. I think if you look at the pic posted above of the orange car running the A5 doesn't look like the PF Stratus much the lines look so much different. But again this is just my opion.

It's pretty close to the 3.1 in this angle....
Attached Thumbnails New touring Body-xceeda5-2-400x222.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.