do you think Cen can pull it off?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

do you think Cen can pull it off?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Lord

You would be amazed how many streetracers say that driving on a circuit the same lap over and over again is boring.....

There is a market for fast straight line machines like the Schumacher Fusion and so yes, I believe CEN has made a Fusion killer.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

They are RTR killers my Modified V1RRR & Modified R-40. They eat out of the box stock Fusion and Cen . My V1RRR & R-40 not only outruns the two above cars on topend end but out handles them too. They are RTR killers beware.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by brc358
But what is the point.
The point is you CAN if you WANT to. Not many people care if it's a competition chassis or not, they just want the ability to go fast when they feel like it. Many people NEVER take their cars to a race track. I'm one of them.

I'm in the process of putting a 3.5T/120A BL setup in my Tamiya M04M chassis...why? Because I want to go fast in open parking lots, streets etc. Sure a track would be fun too but it will also get boring around the same track over and over again. At least in an open parking lot you can do whatever you want.

Personally I don't like RTR kits, but the CEN car itself seems pretty decent and doesn't cost an arm and a leg and is fast out of the box.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

the ONLY reason i ever wanted a schumacher fusion was for the 3 speed...oh man that thing sounded sweet.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
This tape is controversal when you compare it to the tapes of The Serpent King and Miami Finest. Miami & Serpent cars looked like they were going over 75mph+ This Cen car looks like it is going 50mph.
Radar gun doesn't lie...
Old 09-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PaPeRo
Radar gun doesn't lie...
Radar guns are not 100% accurate especially if they have been dropped they get knocked out of calibration and need to be re-calibrated. Also if the gun is not aimed properly at the object you want to time it can give you a false reading.This is why they used speed traps at the speed events.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Radar guns are not 100% accurate especially if they have been dropped they get knocked out of calibration and need to be re-calibrated. Also if the gun is not aimed properly at the object you want to time it can give you a false reading.This is why they used speed traps at the speed events.
No sh*t Sherlock, so you're saying the one CEN was using was dropped and knocked out of calibration? LMAO...just admit that you don't like the fact a bone stock "crappy Chinese" CT4 is as fast as your uber modded V1RRR & Modified R-40 that you spent a ton on. Sorry pal but it's your word against that video which looks quite legit whether you choose to believe it or not. Maybe you should buy a CT4 and make a propaganda video showing it topping out at 50MPH....ROTFLMAO. I know a guy who has a CT4 and yes it's THAT fast end of story. Heck just look at how small the spur gears are, that should tell you it's geared for top speed.

Last edited by PaPeRo; 09-11-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
the ONLY reason i ever wanted a schumacher fusion was for the 3 speed...oh man that thing sounded sweet.
You need a runway!!! LOL
Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PaPeRo
No sh*t Sherlock, so you're saying the one CEN was using was dropped and knocked out of calibration? LMAO...just admit that you don't like the fact a bone stock "crappy Chinese" CT4 is as fast as your uber modded V1RRR & Modified R-40 that you spent a ton on. Sorry pal but it's your word against that video which looks quite legit whether you choose to believe it or not. Maybe you should buy a CT4 and make a propaganda video showing it topping out at 50MPH....ROTFLMAO. I know a guy who has a CT4 and yes it's THAT fast end of story. Heck just look at how small the spur gears are, that should tell you it's geared for top speed.
Like I said because the radar gun is not 100% accurate that is why they used speed trap timing devices at the national and world 's speed championships so they get accurate correct mph reading . Uber modified V1RRR & R-40 ??? not really just changed the final gear ratio and put a modified .21 I had in. A guy used to run with us who had a CT4 it never reached the speed claimed on the box and he ended up selling it because he got tired of getting his but kicked by our Schumacher's .21's His motor was a piece of junk , would not hold a tune maybe if he had put a decent .21 motor like a nova- rossi in there it would have preformed differently. But that video in question , I don't believe the car is going 70mph. And I doubt that the new Cen RTR will hit 90mph right out the box. It has the potential too with some work but not right out the box. I have a wait see attitude but Cen needs to release the kit first before any of these questions can be answered. And besides that if the Cen car was all that fast why is it not dominating at these world speed attemp championships?? In the 1/10 scale nitro stock class that speed would at least get you into the top 10.

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 09-11-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:02 AM
Tech Champion

I've never had one of these cars, but the speed they are claiming is very bold.

A good product sells without mentioning that it can do X mph...
Old 09-11-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE ] Heck just look at how small the spur gears are, that should tell you it's geared for top speed.[/QUOTE]

Just because it is geared for topend speed does not mean it will reach it especially if the motor does not have enough torque or horsepower to turn the rpms needed to reach those claimed topend speeds. I have seen only a few Cen big block .15 run and they were not very powerful.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tc3team
I've never had one of these cars, but the speed they are claiming is very bold.

A good product sells without mentioning that it can do X mph...
The most asked question when driving in open public is "how fasty it goes".
On several forums people are asking which beginner car to choose and want to know how fast it goes.

So yes, a product sels regarding the speed.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Just because it is geared for topend speed does not mean it will reach it especially if the motor does not have enough torque or horsepower to turn the rpms needed to reach those claimed topend speeds. I have seen only a few Cen big block .15 run and they were not very powerful.
Denial is the first step toward acceptance.

http://www.cenracing.com/engines/nx15newb.jpg

Like I said because the radar gun is not 100% accurate that is why they used speed trap timing devices at the national and world 's speed championships so they get accurate correct mph reading.
Either stop repeating yourself and provide proof that CEN's radar gun was dropped and knocked out of calibration or STFU.

A guy used to run with us who had a CT4 it never reached the speed claimed on the box and he ended up selling it because he got tired of getting his but kicked by our Schumacher's .21's His motor was a piece of junk , would not hold a tune maybe if he had put a decent .21 motor like a nova- rossi in there it would have preformed differently.
And I know a guy who has a perfectly working stock CT4 that's very fast.

But that video in question , I don't believe the car is going 70mph.
Dude stop repeating yourself, whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you. If you want to claim they cheated or their gun was not calibrated or some other sorry ass excuse provide evidence. So far you haven't done that, all you've been doing is sitting there in you armchair pretending a CT4 can't hit 70MPH out of the box with nothing to back it up.

They are RTR killers my Modified V1RRR & Modified R-40. They eat out of the box stock Fusion and Cen . My V1RRR & R-40 not only outruns the two above cars on topend end but out handles them too. They are RTR killers beware.
Looks like you have something to prove eh?

Last edited by PaPeRo; 09-11-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

I would not have to repeat myself if you were not so slow. Like I said if the Cen cars were really as fast as you claimed they are they would be owning some records in the stock class at the world class speed event here in the United States and Europe. In my opinion that video of the Cen car looked like it was doing 50mph I don't believe you have ever seen a car doing 70-100mph it is a blur!! You provide proof that the radar gun was in calibration AND DON'T SAY LOOK AT THE VIDEO!! I don't have anything to prove you do !! Radar guns are not 100% accurate and have been known to give inaccurate speed reading when out of calibration or not aimed properly at idem you are trying to time. But if Cen does not release this car soon people are going to lose interest in it I know I am getting tired of waiting on it . When it does get released all doubts and questions will be answered about how fast it is.

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 09-11-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

I would not have to repeat myself if you were not so slow. Like I said if the Cen cars were really as fast as you claimed they are they would be owning some records in the stock class at the world class speed event here in the United States and Europe. In my opinion that video of the Cen car looked like it was doing 50mph I don't believe you have ever seen a car doing 70-100mph it is a blur!! You provide proof that the radar gun was in calibration AND DON'T SAY LOOK AT THE VIDEO!! I don't have anything to prove you do !! Radar guns are not 100% accurate and have been known to give inaccurate speed reading when out of calibration or not aimed properly at idem you are trying to time. But if Cen does not release this car soon people are going to lose interest in it I know I am getting tired of waiting on it . When it does get released all doubts and questions will be answered about how fast it is.
Burden of proof is on you not me or CEN. CEN already made a video proving it does 73MPH stock. Get back to me when you make a video showing a stock CT4 tops out at 50MPH. In the meantime keep repeating yourself and maybe it will become true some day...

When it does get released all doubts and questions will be answered about how fast it is.
Who the hell are you trying to fool? You'd be the first to say the radar gun was out of calibration....AGAIN...just STFU and enjoy your chosen RC model. You don't need to be concerned about things you don't own or don't plan to buy. You don't need to pretend cars you don't own are slower than yours stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.