Community
Wiki Posts
Search

engine modifying

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default engine modifying

what are some modifing companys out in the market. i know of smeltz and murnan. what are some others??
Old 01-31-2004, 02:58 AM
Tech Regular

go to the nitro engine zone tons of info there
Old 02-01-2004, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Default M.SPEED

This engine is modified by Japan
Old 02-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Murnan is a local guy here. He really doesn't do too much with his engines. All he does is get a JP and do some creative sanding. But honestly... How much more work can you do to a JP? After that he just resells the engine for $100 more.

Engine modifying is farely simple to do, but most engines dont require it. Just basically make a few quick grinds with the Dremel on every hole. But I wouldn't recomend it to a rookie.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:39 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Nrctc3
Murnan is a local guy here. He really doesn't do too much with his engines. All he does is get a JP and do some creative sanding. But honestly... How much more work can you do to a JP? After that he just resells the engine for $100 more.
Engine modifying is farely simple to do, but most engines dont require it. Just basically make a few quick grinds with the Dremel on every hole. But I wouldn't recomend it to a rookie.
I don't want to start an argument here but.......honestly you don't really mean what you've said.
For starters if you know what you're doing, of course it is simple...a cut here and a cut there but......after how many hours of study and trials and errors.
What is a JP engine anyway...it is a modified Novarossi by someone who knows. So what Uriah Murman does is take stock engines and do mods like JP, and quite frankly his engines rock. Now of course to an already modified engine he just probably optimizes little details, but if you've seen his Modified Sirios or Mugens, that is another ball game.
But it is not a question of how many cuts or grinding an engine has, but how, where and why you make them, and that my friend is the difference between a rookie and a pro, so don't flame out so easily the work of serious tuners.
You've said it yourself......"Wouldn't recomend it to a rookie".....so you are accepting it isn't so simple as a "few quick grinds with a Dremel on every hole"
AFM
Old 02-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

And he lives in Atlanta, hardly local to Lakeland, Florida.

Race a Murnan or chase one, it's the best value for the $80, it'll cost you around.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

I have to believe from your comments that you have no experience with Murnan's engines. Also, JPs are up near $300 and I know none of his engines are at the $400 range.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I never modify JP's, nor do I modify engines like JP. My engines have completely different timing and other features that JP does not use. It takes a bit more than a few swipes with the dremel, and I don't charge $100.00. You race a JP at the winternats this year and we will see which is faster Don't get me wrong JP makes great engines, but they are more mildly tuned than mine. O.K enough with the engine talk lets race. See you at the Ft. Sunday.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've personally seen some of Urias engines run and I can tell you the older 12 jp's are no match, they werent for mine either, and I'll bet they'll be competitive against the NS hot rods again this year. The older engines required a tremendous amount of rework to get them right, anyone who says different don't know what we actually do.

That being said the engine manufacturers have taken notice and brought the production motors up to par, but everyone is taking it in the wallet. today alot of modifiers have it easy because an ns 12 needs a simple clean up to bring it right to the top.

The one that kills me is the guys and the novamax, a ton of green for what your getting. Don't take that wrong they run good but, one of my drivers ran an old reworked MT at crystal park last weekend and the other tested a novamax. They were even up all over the track, both cars were 710's and they traded cars. So what does that say?
Old 02-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

well hopefully i will be getting a murnan modified sirio or mt12. for $230, thats not bad. which one do you think is going to be better?
Old 02-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Old 06-14-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Default how about MOD THEM YOURSELF?

i will post some pics....

just to get you going.... and do some MOD on your engines....

first... WILLING TO SACRIFICE.... if not willing to sacrifice... dont even think to see the pics...

mop
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-rccaraction-engine-mod-pg-01b.jpg  
Old 06-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Default i will post some pics....(cont)

page 02 dude!

mop
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-rccaraction-engine-mod-pg-02b.jpg  
Old 06-14-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Default i will post some pics....(cont again)

page 03 coming up!

THATs IT!

mop
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-rccaraction-engine-mod-pg-03b.jpg  
Old 06-14-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: i will post some pics....(cont again)

this one.... help u to see more clearly what the things you should have...

i just bought them last sunday...

hopefully i can SACRIFICE one of my 3 ports engine!

mop
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-01grinder-head.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.