Wiki Posts
Search

engine modifying

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Default chick on the wall!!!

Originally posted by revzalot
Very nice setup. Can you please aim the camera a little higher to see who the chicks on the wall.
agreed!

mop
Old 07-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default CHICK ON DA WALL!!!

Speeking of loads LOL this is my x of seven years I had a Corvette shop when I was with her and she use to do these posters for me.The Vette she has her butt parked on is 87'supercharged Vortec R- trim with NOS and I miss them both but she comes over once in a while but I wish the Vette would come by and see me I have some better ones but I dont think I better post them
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-x.jpg  
Old 07-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default moooooopppp!!!

MOP i said It's not a good Idea to run your engine with out some kind of load !!!!But if you do run it with out a load then keep the RPMs DOWN But it's a good way to hurt your engine! God I hope he got this before he blows one up! Ok Testing : You want to get the engine up to running temp then do the test as fast as you can because it will overheat and if it does then let it cool down before you try it again. Some of my engines like the 250-260 range but thats a little hot. Its kind of a pain to get use to testing them but once you get use to it you will love it. I really like to use a airplane prop on the engine this way helps keep it cool but if you do this then remember to use the prop before and after any mods. When I'm breaking a new moter in I'll use a 9x6 prop this is a little big for testing but it will give you a starting point and DONT forget the prop if you are using one!!! They can really hurt
Old 07-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default annnnnd!

You only have to go WOT for a few seconds to see the highest point on the volt meter (It's also a good way to tune and see wich pipes work the best and so forth you can really do a lot with this thing But be carful and for any one that is under 15 please have a adult to help you
Old 07-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: CHICK ON DA WALL!!!

Originally posted by HELLION
The Vette she has her butt parked on is 87'supercharged Vortec R- trim with NOS and I miss them both but she comes over once in a while
your X come over to TEST the NOS?

I have some better ones but I dont think I better post them
but you can always email to me!!!
j/k

mop
Old 07-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: moooooopppp!!!

MOP i said It's not a good Idea to run your engine with out some kind of load !!!!But if you do run it with out a load then keep the RPMs DOWN But it's a good way to hurt your engine! God I hope he got this before he blows one up!
NOT YET... i still havent done anything. i still havent go out and buy the electric motor, resistors, volt meter...etc etc.... busy working in office.. shucks!

bOk Testing : You want to get the engine up to running temp then do the test as fast as you can because it will overheat and if it does then let it cool down before you try it again. Some of my engines like the 250-260 range but thats a little hot. Its kind of a pain to get use to testing them but once you get use to it you will love it.
250F = 120C 260F=127C for some of the MODED gas engines....ok... so far i can understand.
i know the conecept of JUST-DO-IT..... after you did it you will feel good will have more confidence, its just like the first time i open up my engine. that is the feeling you will have after you accomplished open everything up and re-assemble the again.

I really like to use a airplane prop on the engine this way helps keep it cool but if you do this then remember to use the prop before and after any mods. When I'm breaking a new moter in I'll use a 9x6 prop this is a little big for testing but it will give you a starting point and DONT forget the prop if you are using one!!! They can really hurt
you mean airplane prop is an AIRPLANE PROPELLER? ooooh..... and what is 9X6 propeller means? and how you connect the propeller to the power supply ? or the propeller is totally seperated from the design of the dyno, means the propeller has its own power supply?
Old 07-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Default wow! i love this MOM!!!

hehehe....

this link will lead you to a woman WHO RACE and LOVE OCTANE FUEL VERY MUCH..... whoaaaaa....

this is what she said:

A lil about me...
I am a single mother of 2 whos passions in life are limitless.
I race IMCA stock outlaw modifieds. I started in 95' as Miss Redwood Speedway and the rest is so called history.
I also do custom auto modifications.
I jumped into modeling this past summer do to financial need. I made a promise to my self then, I would give it a year and then get back to racing. A year is long enough to give it an honest go but not get caught up in it.
My heart is and always has been the cars. The Niki Zone. LOL.
The motto I live by...
IF YOUR GONNA GO, GO ALL OUT.......

My personal goal has always been NASCAR someday. Hey, if your gonna dream, dream big!
I am comming up on my year marker in May.I do not believe in doing anything halfa** though.I am careful about what I do in modeling with respect for my racing career. Sponsorships and such.I would hate to close any doors on myself befor I get there.That's where my priorities at...
I am also working on my BA in criminal justice ,juvenile probation. I know this world is crazy and it seems to me the kids nowadays need guidance and positive role models more than ever.
We are all here for a minute.When it is all said and done. What are "YOU" going to be remembered for....
yeah!

mop
Old 07-12-2004, 02:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Prop

You can go down to the RC AIRplane shop and get a prop adapter that just slides over the front shaft of your nitro engine with a set screw. Also if you want you can get a spinner for it and a airplane starter so you dont have to use your starter box. A 9x6 prop means it's 9 inches long and has a 6 pitch and they should be marked. I use a nylon prop cause there a little more flexable .You can use a wood one but if it broke for some reason it could damage your engine. A guy sent me a pic. of his dyno and the engine was missing the aircleaner Leave your air cleaner on even if it's not running
Old 07-14-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Default PROPELLER LOCATION

You can go down to the RC AIRplane shop and get a prop adapter that just slides over the front shaft of your nitro engine with a set screw.
pls refer to the pic i attach.... is the locaiton of the propeller correct?

A 9x6 prop means it's 9 inches long and has a 6 pitch and they should be marked.
why they should be marked? how to mark them? what is the function of the marking?

I use a nylon prop cause there a little more flexable .You can use a wood one but if it broke for some reason it could damage your engine.
how can a wooden propeller can damage your engine?

mop
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-location-propeller.jpg  
Old 07-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know! How will a wooden prop damage a steel crankcase!?!
Old 07-14-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

how can a wooden propeller can damage your engine?
A wooden prop can break more easily than a nylon one. If it breaks while under power your engine can easily over rev, damaging the engine
Old 07-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by macnkitty2002
I know! How will a wooden prop damage a steel crankcase!?!
You would be surprised. I seen a wooden prop take the carb clean off the engine.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default prop

Mop you are correct that's where I put them with the pulley right behind it! Palm and Gonz are also right but even if it gets nicked it will be out of balance causing bearing damage. I use them on airplanes because I take off better then I land and I would rather bust a prop then bend a crank but use the nylon ones for the dyno. What I ment by they should be marked is when you go to the LHS they will be marked IE 9x6 Here is a pic of the hellion bone yard
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-imga3694.jpg  
Old 12-09-2004, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Default at last.. .i did it!!!

after 6 months... i did it!!!!
i did use my dremel yesterday night.. and did something to my sleeve...according to the publication that i post in the first page of this thread....

but i did only for the SLEEVE... the next mod is for the crankshaft... which i will ask HELLION in more detail.

in this pic i show you the mod i did are:

1) SMOOTHEN THE LOWEST EDGE of the sleeve with a ROUNDER RADIUS.... why? read the picture that i have posted in the page 1.

2) make the angle of the BOOST PORT more steep... why? read the pictures in page 1 also. hehehehehe....

wish me luck on my crankshaft mod...

mop
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-winter-pro-engine04.jpg  
Old 12-09-2004, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Default another pic

another pic....

mop
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-winter-pro-engine05.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.