Community
Wiki Posts
Search

engine modifying

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hmmmmmmmmm!

Don't know what EP is but pretty much any motor that drives a electric car will do or even a electric screwdriver motor . If you where to take a elec. motor and hook it up to a volt meter then spin it with a drill the motor will produce voltage just like a generator . Anyway Ill throw one together tonight and post the pictures so you can see it
Old 07-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default pics!!!

Ok guys I threw this together in a hour because I wanted to test it before dark! That said you should really take your time and build a nice one . I normally put a airplane prop on the gas engine to cool it down. If you use lets say a 9x6 prop then you can lock your throttle wide open it can't over rev with that kind of a load (great for breaking in new engines) If you choose not to use a prop then make the tests quick and atleast use a fan to cool it down. If something goes wrong and its over reving then just block the exhaust and shut it off DO NOT RUN YOUR ENGINE WITH OUT SOME KIND OF LOAD!!!! In one pic the engine is not running but it is turnning over with the starter motor and you can see the voltage this is a good test to see if its working
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-imga3668.jpg  
Old 07-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2 of three

a nother one
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-imga3669.psd.jpg  
Old 07-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default one more

last one
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-imga3665.jpg  
Old 07-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: one more

Originally posted by HELLION
last one
how do you rate the hp ?
Old 07-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hellion,

Please look at the diagram I've uploaded. So all you do is connect the nitro motor to the slave motor via belt?
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-edyno.jpg  
Old 07-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Horse power????

To answer your question Marcos: This is a very crude dyno It wont tell you horse power its just a way of testing your engine with a load on it. The more voltage it produces the more power it has. As far as horse power rating I truely don't believe any .12 engine can produce 1 full horse power! They just dont have the torque to pull that much power I have done a lot of testing on this and have come up with this conclusion !!! I also have seen the high buck dynos and if the test was accurate they had the same results as I and engine companies started saying there engines where producing more then one HP are getting away with it do to the fact that there is not a way of proving them wrong even thowe they can't prove they do produce that much power! I hope that someone reads this and can prove me wrong but I dought it
Old 07-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default revs!!!

Yes revs that looks like the same thing only it tests electric motors
Old 07-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

But if you hooked up a nitro engine to the slave motor then we got a Nitro Dyno right?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default yep!!!

You got it Rev
Old 07-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here's the web site I got the picture from. engine dyno
Old 07-09-2004, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Default thanks guys!

after viewing all the pictures from HELLION and the link provided by REV... i think i got a better picture and idea on how to make a DYNO for myself.... and i dont know how HELLION can do a DYNO within an hour!!!! whoaaaa!!!

thanks guys!

and now i know the DYNO that we are making is not displaying any HP reading. Its just displaying voltage on the volt meter and before we do the MODs on our engine we need to do some PRE-MOD reading on the DYNO so that we know how much POWER GAIN we acquire.

am i right?

mop
Old 07-09-2004, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Horse power????

Originally posted by HELLION
To answer your question Marcos: This is a very crude dyno It wont tell you horse power its just a way of testing your engine with a load on it. The more voltage it produces the more power it has. As far as horse power rating I truely don't believe any .12 engine can produce 1 full horse power! They just dont have the torque to pull that much power I have done a lot of testing on this and have come up with this conclusion !!! I also have seen the high buck dynos and if the test was accurate they had the same results as I and engine companies started saying there engines where producing more then one HP are getting away with it do to the fact that there is not a way of proving them wrong even thowe they can't prove they do produce that much power! I hope that someone reads this and can prove me wrong but I dought it
thanks HELLION
Old 07-09-2004, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Default what is load actually?

i look back in HELLION PICTURE and also i donwloaded a DYNO SHEET in the web link provided by REV... in the DYNO SHEET also it mentioned about LOAD.

what is the LOAD mentioned?

in HELLION's picture what is that LOAD actually?

thanks!

mop
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-what-load.jpg  
Old 07-09-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Default load part 2

here is a pic from hellion.

in this pic hellion marked the VOLT METER as LOAD.... but why the volt meter as load? is the volt meter as a POWER READER?

mop
Attached Thumbnails engine modifying-what-load2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.