Wiki Posts
Search

2010 FLORIDA WINTERNATS AT FT. MYERS ,FLORIDA

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

What a week of awesome racing & awesome finish in the Mains
Thanks to Jim Rice & the Red Cup Crew for providing a fantastic week of smooth racing.
Thanks to my sponsors
Mugen USA for an awesome ride
Rcamerica/Maxpower for the power plant
Parma PSE
Special Thanks
K. Hutch for the Twister tires
Raff for the awesome pitting all week
Painting Pete & Mark Harrison for the sweet paint schemes

Had a lot of fun & it was nice meeting alot of friends & making new ones
See ya next year
Old 02-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 03-10-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default toso dominates

Originally Posted by Joe Chaplow
Two come back from two laps down, probably everybody had some issues during the race????
just wanted to make a little something easier to understand first off Chris had the first issue in the race by stalling at the start. so I guess you could say no one else would have gotten the lead at all in the race if that didn't happen to him He was 1 lap and 7 seconds down.

Lets look at qualifing he beat everybody by 3 seconds and if you were there and saw the qualifier you would know that it could have been 5 seconds so take the 3 to 5 seconds for every five minutes they run the main for 45 minutes and you end up with 3x9 or 5x9 and you get 27 to 45 seconds Chris should beat the rest of the field if everyone has no issues at all. O

bviously that would be in a perfect world and no variations. Those that were there in person could clearly see that Chris and his car were better and faster then the rest at this particular race. I 've pitted for Chris for two years here in florida and it was no surprize to see him settle in after a misfortunate start and reel everyone in and come back for an impressive win.

Oh man!!! I'm brown nosing again! No not really I'm Chris' friend too!!

Jim and all the crew thanks for a great race week and also thanks to Kyosho USA
Old 02-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
just wanted to make a little something easier to understand first off Chris had the first issue in the race by stalling at the start. so I guess you could say no one else would have gotten the lead at all in the race if that didn't happen to him He was 1 lap and 7 seconds down.

Lets look at qualifing he beat everybody by 3 seconds and if you were there and saw the qualifier you would know that it could have been 5 seconds so take the 3 to 5 seconds for every five minutes they run the main for 45 minutes and you end up with 3x9 or 5x9 and you get 27 to 45 seconds Chris should beat the rest of the field if everyone has no issues at all. O

bviously that would be in a perfect world and no variations. Those that were there in person could clearly see that Chris and his car were better and faster then the rest at this particular race. I 've pitted for Chris for two years here in florida and it was no surprize to see him settle in after a misfortunate start and reel everyone in and come back for an impressive win.

watch out peter u better wipe your nose lol chris was the fastest hands down
Old 02-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb

Guess my point was, it sucks to get excited for a race and see the "best driver of this particular week" stall at the start. because, as a spectator, you are looking forward to an awesome show. but if he won after that, it just made me curious how it happened. but, as you did the math--- it makes sense.

just stalling at the start is like having a world series baseball game getting rained out--- if you know what i mean. looking forward to some entertainment and then.........
Old 02-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Paolo's car wanted to traction roll, Mikes's clutch was slipping too much, and ralph ran out of tires with 8 minutes to go, you could here the plastic grinding on the ground. Toso got his first lap back at the 23 minute mark.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmike
Does Harry still pit for mikey ? ....... Cool pics larry " thx
Yes Harry does. He was not feeling good all week. After my pitting for Mikey this week, I probebly will be pitting for Palo for now on. To many mistakes on my part.

Had a great time good people and racing was very close. The track was fast and nuts. It is a cool layout. There was not one stright part on the track, ok pitg lane,lol.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default ralphs tire

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
So here is my technical analysis of the race based purely on the race results. Too bad I missed it live. I hope it shows up as video on USTREAM so I can fill in some of the missing info on what happen during some of these significant delays. If you know what happened (or I got anything wrong), please let me know! Thanks!

Paul took the lead on the start, followed closely by Mike (-0.4), Paolo (-0.9), Ralph (-1.4) and DJ (-1.6). Toso’s stumble at the start cost him about 19 seconds and put him in last. DJ’s problem on lap 2 cost him about 36 seconds and put him at the end of the field.

Paolo was running faster than Mike and picked up 2nd by lap 5. Same with Ralph, who took 3rd from Mike on lap 13. While Mike did regain 3rd while Ralph was in the pits, Mike’s extended pit stop (21.4 seconds) on lap 23 put him into 5th. Ralph also picked up 2nd from Paul while Paul was in the pits. The difference in the pit time between Ralph and Paul was about 1.6 seconds.

From laps 23 thru 36, your leaders were Paolo, followed by Ralph and Paul. Paolo had 1.5 seconds more on his lap time on lap 37, which gave Ralph a chance to move up into 1st. Paolo had a huge problem on lap 42, costing him 4 laps, which moved up Paul to 2nd, Mike to 3rd and Chris to 4th. When Paolo rejoined the race, he was in 7th position.

With Ralph in 1st, Paul had a 16 second problem on lap 59, which moved Mike into 2nd and Chris into 3rd, leaving Paul in 4th.

When Mike retired on lap 70, Chris moved into 2nd, Paul moved up into 3rd. Interestingly enough, the timing system didn’t register someone in 4th position until DJ crossed the line on lap 72. Paolo retires on lap 114 in 5th position.

On lap 128, Paul had a problem which cost him 32.6 seconds, giving Chris a chance to move up to 2nd and DJ 3rd. Paul remains in 4th position until the end of the race.

On lap 163, Ralph chimes in at 15.5 seconds, which allows Chris to take the lead. When Ralph crosses the line on lap 164, he chimes in at 15.2 seconds. On lap 168 while Chris is in the pits, Ralph retakes the lead for one lap, but Ralph’s 6 second pit stop (I think that's what it was, the lap time is 19.8 seconds, approximately +2.0 second pit stop than average) on lap 169 gives Chris the lead again. Ralph has a 20 second problem on lap 181, followed by a 14.9 and 14.4 lap, which allows Chris to extend his lead to a safe margin and win the race.

In the battle between Ralph (2nd) and DJ (3rd), DJ starts running faster than Ralph around lap 150, but even with Ralphs issue around lap 181, it’s not enough for DJ to catch him. Props to DJ’s pitman for some very fast and efficient pit stops.

Overall, Chris was faster than everyone else throughout the entire race (average lap time between pit stops) – and extremely consistent, as always. The standard deviation on his lap time, given that I only had one decimal place in the results to work with, was about 0.2275 seconds, whereas Ralph’s was 0.5124 seconds. DJ’s standard deviation was 0.3501 and I could really only approximate Paul’s at about 0.4452.
I believe they changed the one bad tire on Ralphs car when he had the long pit thats why Dj did not catch him maybe Drew will chime in on this one
Old 02-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

WOW what a week of racing but its allways worth it ,im super happy with my result but specially with the results of our fuel (Xtreme Racing Fuel)wich was used by Dj Apolaro / Chris Laferve / Scott Rister in 1/10 Sedan Final, Dj Apolaro / Scott Rister and myself Roniel Regalado in the 1/8 Open Final and by Juaquin Desoto who TQed the 1/8 Masters.

I will like to thank everyone fron the FMRC club for the great work after the rain for bringing the track back to that great traction,great job!!!,

And to all my sponsors Spektrum / Jaco / Extreme Racing Fuel / Mugen Seiki
Old 02-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Thanks!!

What a great week- from day one.
Thank you Jorge Martinez for all of your help from Sunday - Saturday. Everything you teach me about our RRR's every time is always appreciated.
Peter B- your knowledge about the RRR is priceless and all your help with Donna's car is what helped her do well in her main. Next time I'll have you look at my car as well, this way I may be able to catchup to the girl for a change.

We've made lots of new friends and can't wait til next year.
Thank you Maxi, Mark Harrison, Dennison, Tory and everyone else that helped us, plus every single track crew member.

Last edited by Dru Garcia; 02-15-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Go Tosolini GO!!! Special thanks from the friends of the Team RcDriveR's!!!...http://www.teamrcdrivers.it
Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
So here is my technical analysis of the race based purely on the race results. Too bad I missed it live. I hope it shows up as video on USTREAM so I can fill in some of the missing info on what happen during some of these significant delays. If you know what happened (or I got anything wrong), please let me know! Thanks!

Paul took the lead on the start, followed closely by Mike (-0.4), Paolo (-0.9), Ralph (-1.4) and DJ (-1.6). Toso’s stumble at the start cost him about 19 seconds and put him in last. DJ’s problem on lap 2 cost him about 36 seconds and put him at the end of the field.

Paolo was running faster than Mike and picked up 2nd by lap 5. Same with Ralph, who took 3rd from Mike on lap 13. While Mike did regain 3rd while Ralph was in the pits, Mike’s extended pit stop (21.4 seconds) on lap 23 put him into 5th. Ralph also picked up 2nd from Paul while Paul was in the pits. The difference in the pit time between Ralph and Paul was about 1.6 seconds.

From laps 23 thru 36, your leaders were Paolo, followed by Ralph and Paul. Paolo had 1.5 seconds more on his lap time on lap 37, which gave Ralph a chance to move up into 1st. Paolo had a huge problem on lap 42, costing him 4 laps, which moved up Paul to 2nd, Mike to 3rd and Chris to 4th. When Paolo rejoined the race, he was in 7th position.

With Ralph in 1st, Paul had a 16 second problem on lap 59, which moved Mike into 2nd and Chris into 3rd, leaving Paul in 4th.

When Mike retired on lap 70, Chris moved into 2nd, Paul moved up into 3rd. Interestingly enough, the timing system didn’t register someone in 4th position until DJ crossed the line on lap 72. Paolo retires on lap 114 in 5th position.

On lap 128, Paul had a problem which cost him 32.6 seconds, giving Chris a chance to move up to 2nd and DJ 3rd. Paul remains in 4th position until the end of the race.

On lap 163, Ralph chimes in at 15.5 seconds, which allows Chris to take the lead. When Ralph crosses the line on lap 164, he chimes in at 15.2 seconds. On lap 168 while Chris is in the pits, Ralph retakes the lead for one lap, but Ralph’s 6 second pit stop (I think that's what it was, the lap time is 19.8 seconds, approximately +2.0 second pit stop than average) on lap 169 gives Chris the lead again. Ralph has a 20 second problem on lap 181, followed by a 14.9 and 14.4 lap, which allows Chris to extend his lead to a safe margin and win the race.

In the battle between Ralph (2nd) and DJ (3rd), DJ starts running faster than Ralph around lap 150, but even with Ralphs issue around lap 181, it’s not enough for DJ to catch him. Props to DJ’s pitman for some very fast and efficient pit stops.

Overall, Chris was faster than everyone else throughout the entire race (average lap time between pit stops) – and extremely consistent, as always. The standard deviation on his lap time, given that I only had one decimal place in the results to work with, was about 0.2275 seconds, whereas Ralph’s was 0.5124 seconds. DJ’s standard deviation was 0.3501 and I could really only approximate Paul’s at about 0.4452.
good job & congrats to the winners of course you all are winners thanks for keeping us up to date nats crew see ya soon
Old 02-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congrats to Mike and Chris on their TQ and Wins....
Old 02-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to thank all the racers that braved the cold and rain this week
to come race with us.

We know you have a lot of races that you can attend ,thanks for racing with us.

I would like to THANK all our GREAT SPONSORS

MUGEN USA

EDS TOOLS

SKY ROCKET RACING

EDAM RACING

BYRON,S GEN-2 FUELS

MICO RACING

TWISTER-ATS TIRES

BOCA BEARINGS

I would also like to thank the RED CUP RACING CREW for all there hard work
to make this race happen each year.
we will be repaving this year,so get ready for even better traction and tire wear next year.

We will be making the race shorter next year and try the get away from the
holiday, more on this later.

Tony and I will see you all at the ROAR ON-ROAD FUEL NATS in June

Thanks to Mike for all his help and Harry for the Great pit work for Tony

see ya soon

Jim
Old 02-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ritchy and I made it home in one piece to the snow covered northeast . Had a great time in Fla even though it was a little chilly!!

There are quite a few folks who helped me out and I'd like to say thanks to all of you!!!

I'd especially like to thank the Garcia's for all their help, Walo and Pooh for their help, Speedy Peter B and Kyosho for all his help in car setup, parts, and most of all talking me through the Main, Paolo, DJ and the Serpent team for help on tires and clutch, Lemieux and the Xray team for help and maintenance tips, and Tosolini with motor tuning help. It was a great atmosphere, highly competitive but everyonge willing to help when it was needed.

The race was well run, and the facility was fantastic, great job to all the Ft. Myers crew!

Ritchy says thanks and I'd like to extend my own personal thanks to Dorian, Paul Sweeney, Quinn, EB Mods fuels and everyone who contributed to help Ritchy make the trip down. He was all smiles all week.

I have some images from the .12 sedan mains posted. Below is the progression of the race:

Just before the buzzer

Toso's start ...

Lemieux also had a great start!

The flame out on the first corner!

Toso sets up to get his lap back

Toso sets up for the pass to take the lead.

Takes the lead and checks out.

There are other battles I have captured. There are lots and lots of photos of the passes and freight trains running through the esses in this race! It was a great race to watch.

The 1/8 open was also just as exciting I have photos of Suager putting his nose inside the right rear tire of Morganti's car I plan to post later.

http://www.skyrocketracing.com/galle...010/mainsday2/

Did anyone get any photos of the cars in the .12 D or the C main?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.