A Main Hobbies
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: XXXXXXX
Detailed Invoice: https://www.amainhobbies.com/account...rder_id/384127
Date Ordered: Monday, August 24, 2009

The comments for your order are:

Hello,

Thank you for your order. Due to our fraud protection policy, we
require the following items to be faxed to us at (530) 894-9049 or emailed to us at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX for our review:

* Photocopy of credit card used for this transaction (front and back of card) and,

* Photocopy of ID showing name and address matching billing name and address AND a photocopy of front page of credit card statement showing name and address matching billing address.

*You may also choose to provide us with the authorization code for this transaction as an alternative to the above requested information. The authorization code can be provided by your credit card company.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we have had to institute these requirements to combat fraud. Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank You.

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Processing

------------------------------------------------------
A Main Hobbies appreciates your business!
Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

I got this from A Main Hobbies last night. Here is the kicker thought. They took the money out of my account, but said they WOULD NOT ship my merchandise until they recieved this information. If you ask me if I give a business money and they refuse to send the items I purchased...well sounds alot like theft, guys complain on the for sale forums sometimes with situations just like this...the buyer sends/pays for the items but the seller doesnt ship. So anyways I cancelled my order and now I have to wait 24 to 48 hours to get my money back........
Old 08-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Azcau and Shawn01,

This smells of an identity theft scam being perpetrated by someone who has a bead into your online transaction/buying habits. Thank goodness you guys had the sense not to fill out the info sheet and sent them back to whoever was requesting it. However, many would not question it, fill it out, send it back, and then wonder why that card is suddenly maxed out and upon further check-ups on their credit down the road (or receiving billing notices from places they have never done business with) that they are thousands of dollars in debt for stuff they never purchased. Like a couple of folks said, just call the hobby houses in question and see if they really did send this information. If they didn't, make sure you report this to the federal authorities (FBI for starters).
Old 08-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

I got those craps when I order from rc mushroom for the 1st time.

The 2nd, 3rd, 4th order,..... they don't ask me anymore. Rc mushroom is real company because I went there and I sit inside the store. There are people working in the shop ..... not computers

How much are you ordering this time ?

If your credit card was decline , or your order this time is over thousand dollars, I guess rc mushroom has the right to make sure this order is made by you.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

best bet, call the store and make sure the store is actually asking for it.

hell with that, i buy tons from amain, and never got that message. i wonder if it is only for credit card users, because i only use paypal, or if maybe someone hacked yours or their computer system, and sends that to customers hoping to retrieve the info themselves for credit fraud.

how do they expect you to copy and send pics of your credit card(both sides) and send all the other info on paperwiork. they cannot expect everyone to have a scanner, a digi cam, and anything of the like....

i smell a scam, and must call and speak to Mr. Amain himself or
Mr. rcmushroom and ask if he normally does that.

o doubt he does.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

unless, this is one of the new credit card procedures that have to be done because of the new president screwing everything up.

obama, will kill us all eventually.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

dont give em anything!!!

R
Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Pictures?! hahaha. Yeah right. And the wording...

We need you to provide the copies of your:

1. Picture of ID
So they want a "copy" of a picture of your ID?

All the information submitted will not be release in any purpose to other parties.
If we cannot receive your form within 3 days, your order will be cancelled.

RC-Mushroom
will not be "released" for any reason.

Also, it's canceled, not cancelled.

Scizam!!

I really hope you didn't/don't respond to that email in any way, shape or form.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:57 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Why are people blaming RC Mushroom for being on the safe side?...
I really see a lot of stupid reactions.....
They have a lot of unnecessary work to do, if a creditcard fraud is done...

In the USA you almost get a credit card for free with your happymeal at McDonalds, and using your creditcard number over the internet while ordering stuff, is not really safe, is it?....

Get a Paypal account, and all problems are solved, it is even cheaper then the monthly fees you have to pay for your credit card!...
With Paypal you will get an email if payment (or any other action) is done with your account, you don't get that with your credit card do you?...
Oh, I see, you are ordering things but actually don't have money for it....

And then they blame the new president.... how easy....
Old 08-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi

I have been asked to do this before with both Rc-Mushroom and RC-Mart. Usually drivers licence and mobile phone statements was enough. Wasn't going to send images of my credit card over the net though.

BB
Old 08-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

I am not trying to trash any of these sites. Also, someone else mentioned calling the company. Very good idea. And as for paypal, it's pretty much an internet credit card. Sure, they try to be very secure, but it's linked to a credit card in many cases. So essentially, aren't some people using paypal also buying without money?
Old 08-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I agree that the company has to protect itself, but I personally dont like the fact that god knows who gets all my personal information, probably nothing bad will happen, but theres a chance that someone with bad intentions will have acces to all that info. I rather buy from someone from the states.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Initiate

I had the same thing with rcmart.com

But the only ask for a picture of ID, driving license (any official document) to
prove my id.
They also asked for a bill to verify my address. (gave them the phone bill )

Nothing more personal. I called them and they explained that a lot of frauds have happened lately. I agree with this measured.

It happened to me once where a buyer on ebay paid through paypal for the
goods and the real owner of the account did not notice until more than 30days after the transaction
Old 08-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sorry to say this; but I had to go to a similar procedure to buy at first at RC-Mushroom. And also a similiar procedure to buy with a credit card at Rc-Mart. If you dislike this procedure because you think its a scam; easy, just buy with Paypal.

I usually speak through email to Angela who is I believe in charge of sales.

Yes, I never emailed them pics of my credit card; just my driver's license and nothing else.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry guys,

I dont think its a scam. Just normal way to check identification and personal info if you buy with credit card.

This was the usual method from rcmart.com too UNTIL paypal appeared in scene.

I would not send the information for personal security, but i dont think its a scam, when i ordered first time years ago from rcmart.com and from rcmushroom, i did this same thing and nothing happened.

cya !

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 08-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

i wouldnt do it. thats just asking for trouble.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.