Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
should i sell my gt4 rtr for a serpant or nitro tc3??? >

should i sell my gt4 rtr for a serpant or nitro tc3???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

should i sell my gt4 rtr for a serpant or nitro tc3???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 05:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default should i sell my gt4 rtr for a serpant or nitro tc3???

when i bought my gt4, i bought it b/c i needed something that was faster than my nitro 4tech. I have had the car for 1 week and a half, and i ran into someone who is wanting to buy the car and i was like ok ill sell it. what do you guys recommend, do you recommend that i keep the car or do you think that the tc3 or the serpant would be a better faster car. which car is faster out of the three, and do you guys recommend anything else
Old 02-24-2002, 06:27 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

"Which car is fastest out of the three?" Thats easy. The one with the most powerful, best tuned engine, and the best driver!

It may sound as though I'm being a smart @ss, but really I'm not. I have seen a lot of press lately talking about how great and precedent setting the NTC3 is. But, for now at least, the Yokomo holds most of the top titles in the area of Nitro TCs. So I would say stick with what you've got. If it hasn't been bad for you, why switch?

Besides, everyone will soon have a NTC3, so why join the "just like them" club.

Stick with your Yokomo!

Good luck.
Old 02-24-2002, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Think about this. The serpent design is about 3 years old, and it is still running with the top dogs. I personally do not think that a shaft drive car will be superior, just different. As usual go with the car you like, have parts for and has served you well.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:21 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks guys, one of the reasons why i though of something different was that none of my lhs sell yokomo, so i have to order my parts. if i could get something that was faster that my lhs sold i would probably get that.

what do you guys think of the ofna 1/8 scale gtp's? how fast are they, and are they worth the money?
Old 02-24-2002, 07:25 PM

I would sell anything you have rtr!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2002, 08:09 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The GTP is based on a buggy chassis and you'll need a 2 speed if you want high speed runs. Nor does it handle well and won't be any faster than the GT4 RTR that you have now.

I can see your only interested in speed. Why not get 18/21 clutchbells? Tallest pinion choices from Yokomo. The .18 will pull it with ease.