Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!! >

Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!

Old 06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!

Hello Everyone!! Well, we survived the 8 hour flight and about 5 hour drive from Frankfurt here to Lostallo. We took lots of pictures along the way so I will try to edit some tonight before I head off to bed.

Along the way we stopped at the Shepherd Micro Racing office to get a tour and load up the gear into the motor home to head down to Lostallo. Along the tour, I was able to see production samples of the V10 that look really good! I am super excited now to bring a car home to begin preparation for the GLC and ROAR Nationals. The diffs and brakes are awesome let along the rest of the layout.

We arrived at the track here at about 6pm here we set-up a bit and I managed to get out on the track for about 30 minutes worth of running. I've heard all the crazy stories of how big this place is but really once you get on it, it's a lot of fun to drive. The layout is great and I'm always a big fan of the banked corners and slight elevation changes. I manged to keep the rubber side down and so far it was a great start. I can definatly see how fuel milage can be a problem but overall it's a blast.

Along the way, we took a bunch of pictures so I will try to post some as I get time to edit them. We'll try to post a little here and there each day so stay tuned!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

I forgot to mention one of the best moments of the day - We were able to stop by Hockenheimring track where a ton of different cars were out on the track for what looked like morning practice!! Definatly cool and impressive to see. Rick got a bunch of pictures of that so I'll post those also!
Old 06-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, have fun this week, wish I could have been there too.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Some Pics:
Attached Thumbnails Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-josh-jonny-socko.jpg   Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-shepherd-van.jpg   Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-hockenhiem1.gif   Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-hockenhiem2.gif  
Old 06-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

More:
Attached Thumbnails Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-hockenheim-rc-track.gif   Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-driving-lostallo1.gif   Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-driving-lostallo2.jpg   Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-lostallo-track1.gif  
Old 06-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

And more:
Attached Thumbnails Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-lostallo-track3.gif   Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-lostallo-track4.gif   Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-lostallo-track5.gif   Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-lostallo-track6.gif   Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-lostallo-track7.gif  

Old 06-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hi Josh,

Thanks for posting the pics, interesting.

Also, for anyone wanting to get a taste of Lostallo from home you can check out VRC http://Virtualrc.com. They are holding a series race there this week and will also be holding a race at the same time of the IFMAR Worlds. The track is free right now. http://www.virtualrc.com/events/even...=7360&epid=157
Old 06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey everyone. It's my turn to update today. Josh is whooped and so am I. 500 laps in a day will do that to you!!

No pics today too busy wearing out tires and pitting. Daniele arrived this afternoon and ran several tanks. More drivers are expected tomorrow and Wed.

Hey Drew,

Better start working out now for marshalling and stock up on smokes too!!
Old 06-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Suspended

NICE...CANT WAIT FOR PICS!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shopkeeper
Hi Josh,

Thanks for posting the pics, interesting.

Also, for anyone wanting to get a taste of Lostallo from home you can check out VRC http://Virtualrc.com. They are holding a series race there this week and will also be holding a race at the same time of the IFMAR Worlds. The track is free right now. http://www.virtualrc.com/events/even...=7360&epid=157
I will ask my son to join this week if he has some time, he will also attend the Worlds

Good luck at this great track! Now you understand why 5 minutes is a real problem ... lol
Old 06-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Suspended

is this 10th scale or 8th scale or both?
Old 06-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by OILMAN
is this 10th scale or 8th scale or both?
1/8 scale
Old 06-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by PMSorber
1/8 scale
nice....where can i find many pics?
Old 06-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by OILMAN
nice....where can i find many pics?
Here are some http://www.radiocontrolledtrucksblog...o-switzerland/
Old 06-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by PMSorber
nice...when does this race begin?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.