Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccuum hose

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Vaccuum hose

This may sound like a newbie question, but I've noticed in a lot of pics that cars have what looks like a fuel filter on the vaccuum hose.

Can someone explain this one to me?

Also, there seems to be some debate over longer or short fuel and vaccuum hoses -- what are your opinions? Is there much performance difference in either setup, aside from running longer on the lid
Old 08-18-2009, 05:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

it's a boost chamber, supposed to help smooth the pulses of pressure you get while the motor is running

long fuel line get's you more run time, tiny

long pressure line helps it run upside down, the guys are running coolers on this line to help with run time as well
Old 08-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stryklii
This may sound like a newbie question, but I've noticed in a lot of pics that cars have what looks like a fuel filter on the vaccuum hose.

Can someone explain this one to me?

Also, there seems to be some debate over longer or short fuel and vaccuum hoses -- what are your opinions? Is there much performance difference in either setup, aside from running longer on the lid
if you refer as "the vacum hose" to the hose that comer from the pipe to the fuel tank that is not a filter is an exahust cooler, the purpose of it is to mantain a cooler temperature on the fuel tank in order to get moore run time, in other hand other racers use a preasure regulatos and is used for mantain a constant preasure on the tank for fuel flow to the arburator.
if you refer as "the vacum hose" to the hose that comes from the tank and feed the carburator that is a fuel filter
hope that help and answer your question!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah sorry i did mean the pressure line.

So the coolers and the pressure regulators are different modules - are there any real benifits to running these i.e., can anyone attest to the performance benefits?
Old 08-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stryklii
Yeah sorry i did mean the pressure line.

So the coolers and the pressure regulators are different modules - are there any real benifits to running these i.e., can anyone attest to the performance benefits?
I think both are for getting run time, I thing the regulator work for mantain a constant preasure to the fuel feed hose to the carburator but in other hand the cooler is for lowering the temperature on the exahust to lower the fuel temperature and avoid to premature evaporation and getting better rn time. in my case I tested bothand have better results with the cooler!
also the run time will depend on the engine tunning and fuel, inmy case I run Max pwr engines with 2602 pipe wich all knows the little run time of that combination,is reeeeeaaaaaal good but little run time, I use 16% fuel and tune my engine at 250 to 253 oF getting almost 5 min. of run time, that means I need some times to enter on qualifiers for a splash and go but now with the cooler I got the 5 min run time with the same combination and my times are getting better(no more splash and go) and on mains 5:30 min of run time thats very good!, with the cooler you need to re-tune the engine because the engine temp will get a little cold about 230 to 240oF need to get 250oF again and its done!
hope that help!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Rookie

I've seen some guys running crazy long pressure lines... I thought that while it would have the same effect of allowing the pressure to regulate, surely you would be in effect losing pressure to the tank overall?
Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

where do you get these products you guys are speaking about? what are they called. do they really make that big of a difference?
Old 08-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cta4LC4PON3
where do you get these products you guys are speaking about? what are they called. do they really make that big of a difference?
the exahust coolers are avialable on any local hobby shop, it comes in 3 versions, novarossi 3racing and team titan. I use the team titanversion is long like the novarossi version
Old 08-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

i got 6mins 30secs on average. about 10-15 secs extra using this fuel cooler. combined with picco INS box i get 7mins 1xsecs on my picco 0.12 motor. awesome stuff..
Old 08-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Rookie

I think i have to time my runs, I'm sure they last longer than 6 min
Old 08-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

just make sure u run it hard and tune it slightly rich.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You can buy both here: Amainhobbies

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ressure-Device

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ust-Gas-Cooler