Wiki Posts
Search

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Smile New guy

Just wanted to say hi guys. Recently got back into 1/10 Nitro on road. Picked up a Serpent 720 off a friend that was getting out of it.

Tore it down and the Sam at Kamikaze Hobbies helped me put a new OFNA/Picco Red Dot motor in it along with getting it back to race condition. That shop is the shiznit! Its still in the works but slowly but surely she will be back at 110 %.

Going to start showing up more often at Crystal Park. Met a couple members over the weekend at a Club Race there .. destruction durby with me on the track. Gotta spit shine the skills.

Glad to be back and addicted once again!

-Jay

Last edited by SERPENT7twenty; 07-22-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hi there

Hi there jay! i am also coming into this hobby as well! crystal park! how is it there, my plans is to go there soon! are you planning to go to westcoast raceway also?! ill bee there with my G4RS soon enough!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LAM3SAUCE
Hi there jay! i am also coming into this hobby as well! crystal park! how is it there, my plans is to go there soon! are you planning to go to westcoast raceway also?! ill bee there with my G4RS soon enough!
Whats up! Crystal Park is cool .. I need to get back in the grove of driving RCs. I like crystal park because it is a 'standing' RC track that doesnt change often (although change is good). But I know its there and it will be there lol.

I was out there yesterday (Tuesday) praticing for a few hours learning the track and my car. Probably will be back out there Sunday when there is a lot more people.

Come on out!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

what kind of engine are you using? is everyone there all good?! i am a starter getting into nitro! i ran electric sedans for 3 years and now i want to change it up a little!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

what kind of engine are you using? is everyone there all good?! i am a starter getting into nitro! i ran electric sedans for 3 years and now i want to change it up a little!
The car came with a older Picco motor that was shot. Sam at Kamikaze sold me a OFNA/Picco "JL3" Red-Dot .12 RACE Engine (EVO3). GREAAT motor! After some tuning problems we got it running great!

Its an RC track so its laid back. Definetly not a place for high tension ... I feel the hobby should be a mix of fun and of course seriousness.

Just come out and try it out. You DO have to pay a yearly (non pro rated fee) $60 member fee to the owner of the track just FYI.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

mmm most definitely i will come out after i get an engine!! how much did you get your picco at kamikaze!?!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

mmm most definitely i will come out after i get an engine!! how much did you get your picco at kamikaze!?!
I don't remember. I bought a slew of other things that day .. lol ... I believe it was about $175ish .. very cheap in my opinion for a good race motor.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

yes indeed! would you mind helping me tune mine when i get one?!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

$174.99

Originally Posted by SERPENT7twenty
I don't remember. I bought a slew of other things that day .. lol ... I believe it was about $175ish .. very cheap in my opinion for a good race motor.
Hi Jay,
Glad you liked the engine.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Hi sam, i am that lil lad the came by with my gf last week or so, on regards of the used kyosho v1RRR, remember me?! Thankz on the picco price!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Hi sam, i am that lil lad the came by with my gf last week or so, on regards of the used kyosho v1RRR, remember me?! Thankz on the picco price!
OMG! another Asian! j/k of course I remember, nice to meet you by the way.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
$174.99

Hi Jay,
Glad you liked the engine.
Sam the man! I love the engine and the customer service you provided. Good stuff bro!

I just gotta get the HUDY complete set up, Tire truer and the Pico pipe and dump my Skyline pipe.

I'm gonna go broke at your shop

You guys headed out Sunday to Crystal Park or to the other spot?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

OMG!! i totally forgot, i also need to get a pipe as well any pipes to go along with the picco? and how much?!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SERPENT7twenty
Sam the man! I love the engine and the customer service you provided. Good stuff bro!

I just gotta get the HUDY complete set up, Tire truer and the Pico pipe and dump my Skyline pipe.

I'm gonna go broke at your shop

You guys headed out Sunday to Crystal Park or to the other spot?
We will more likely be at Crystal park this Sunday.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
We will more likely be at Crystal park this Sunday.
Sweet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.