Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
grx-.15 engine starting with 20% nitro >

grx-.15 engine starting with 20% nitro

grx-.15 engine starting with 20% nitro

Old 08-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Default grx-.15 engine starting with 20% nitro

how could i put right tune on my v-oneS3 / GXR.15 engine i cant start it coz my bro changed gasoline from 5% nitro to 20% nitro content now im having hard time to start my engine.. anyone can teach me how to tune or whats the right tune for my engine with 20% nitro.. tnx
Old 08-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Make sure your glow plug is working and igniter is charged, sometimes that's the problem.

Try to set the neddles back to factory setting. If you don't have that info set the low speed neddle flush and high speed needle 2 1/2 turns from closed. keep checking the temp so you don't run it too lean.

Let me know if it worked for you!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Default result

im returning it back to 2 and 1/2 turns from closed the needle and 2 and 1/2 also on the air fuel mix but it dont start.. i got new battery on my glow plug heater and i got 2 glow plugs but it dosnt start anymore damn for me T_T
Old 08-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's a pullstart engine right?

Do you have the iddle screw set up right? about 1mm to 2mm opening in the carburator when brake is applied. Have somebody help you, while they try to start the engine give it a little throttle (about 1/4) not too much because you might flood the engine. You can also try warming up the engine with a blowdryer. Get it up to 200 F it should start right up... I'm running out of ideas...

Let me know if that works or if somebody else could help here please post something!!!