Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
TimeZone --  You have to visit this track!!! >

TimeZone -- You have to visit this track!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TimeZone -- You have to visit this track!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Default TimeZone -- You have to visit this track!!!

90º weather, shade, food, hospitality, amazing track, excellent hosts. Without the usual who is doing what - here is what we experienced.

The drive up - Mount Shasta. Beautiful.
Our Campsite. I would say there are thirty people camping right at the track, including us. Tents and all!
The facility — wow, the track is banked, real grass in field. Shower at the track. Race management has been wonderful.
How were we treated? Free T-Shirts, a Saturday night home cooked feast - tritips, baked potatoes, cake - DRINKS — wow!!!!

Here are photos - race results to follow. As a note, if you want to take a RC holiday with the kids/family and have, well we feel its one of the best experiences we have ever had - come race with the Timezone guys. I can't say enough good things about this event.
Attached Thumbnails TimeZone --  You have to visit this track!!!-img_0822.jpg   TimeZone --  You have to visit this track!!!-img_0841.jpg   TimeZone --  You have to visit this track!!!-img_0854.jpg   TimeZone --  You have to visit this track!!!-img_0855.jpg   TimeZone --  You have to visit this track!!!-img_0859.jpg  

Old 07-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WOw that does look like a beautiful track. I'm definitely gonna have to make a stop by next time Im in Cali visiting the family.
I take it the track gets closed in the winter due to snow?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

I just got home from this race and I had a awsome time.
That was the most fun I have had at a race
Old 07-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroVal
WOw that does look like a beautiful track. I'm definitely gonna have to make a stop by next time Im in Cali visiting the family.
I take it the track gets closed in the winter due to snow?
The track is in Washington state, approximately 35 miles north of Portland, Oregon. This track held the 1/5th scale ROAR Nationals two years ago. You won't find nicer, nor accommodating hosts anywhere. The track is a one of a kind, with the change in elevation and banked sweeper, situated in a beautiful park like setting.
HTML Code:
Timezoneracewaypark.com
Old 07-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I stumbled across this track Sunday looking for something else, it looks "HEMI SWEET"!!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That was a great weekend. Rick & Mark where do I start, the track was amazing, the people are super friendly, race program ran perfect, and the hospitality was 2nd to none. You guys went above and beyond to make sure everyone had a great time. My hats off to you guys for letting us remember that it's not all about racing, but getting to meet new people and have one hell of a great time. Thanks guys.

Great job on the win Jimmy & the TQ and new track record Scott.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Good Morning guys took me a day to get caught up. What can I say, that was one hell of a weekend. I want to thank all of those who attended, and a special thanks to Jason, for all the tuning advise and car setup. all three of our rides were rockets after some your advice and help. Jim. Scott, Rich, Richard, Matt, Jason, Justin, and the families.. we are so glad you had enough faith in us to drive north.

Fast Eddie you put a smile on everybody face, and it is fantastic to see you tear it up on the track.

Glad to see Doc, Casey, and Bob had a good time……….

Cleete you are the best pit man ever...... I made you work for that one eh???? I will say it was the toughest mentally and physical race 'I have ever run. with 2nd gear going out within the 1st minute. I think everyone was convinced my new MAX Power TQ9 was going to grenade... and a major car ending impact on the straight with 10 minutes to go, I cannot believe it stayed together.

Thanks again to my best friend Rick, our fast boy Richard, Karen, her family, and my family for working hard to get this event off without a hitch.

Also a HUGE thanks to Dave Ehrlich for bailing me out off the R.D. stand and allowing me to try and focus on the race.

Till next year guys hope to see you up here and we'll be down to run with guys...... First class group of guys.

TZR
Old 07-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

When I first got into Rc racing I was told about this track that you just had to see to believe.Well about four years ago we finally made the trip and have never missed another race.

Thank you and your families for all your efforts and for allowing us to be your guests.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

I remember reading an article some years back when the track was just designed and they were putting the pavement down. It looked really sweet then.

You found a gem in the woods Rich.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fossil
I remember reading an article some years back when the track was just designed and they were putting the pavement down. It looked really sweet then.

You found a gem in the woods Rich.
An absolute GEM!

Still smiling about the event. Even a 12 hour drive won't stop us from being back next year.

A-Main 1/8th Scale (picture one)
The real winners at this race (picture two)
Attached Thumbnails TimeZone --  You have to visit this track!!!-img_0885.jpg   TimeZone --  You have to visit this track!!!-img_3681.jpg  
Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
An absolute GEM!

Still smiling about the event. Even a 12 hour drive won't stop us from being back next year.

A-Main 1/8th Scale (picture one)
The real winners at this race (picture two)
So did Jim the team super star win again?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is the track located in a park or something? It looks like someone's backyard. Beautiful!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MBlackketter
So did Jim the team super star win again?
He sure did. Nice solid run.

Mark, the local guys are soooo into racing - they are vocal when they drive and they are really hard core in pit lane. Great fun to see that amount of passion during a race. I didn't need a stop watch - their pit guys were yelling out the times - every 30 seconds - made me smile, really.

Erlich called the race - did a really good job. Good program.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rpespo
Is the track located in a park or something? It looks like someone's backyard. Beautiful!
It's on a families property behind their house and massive out buildings (backyard, kinda, but, this is something you have to experience to fully understand). It is a total park setting. There were a bunch of tent campers, two BIG motorhomes, a trailer and just tons of empty space. Must be twenty or so acres.

Great hospitality. Great people.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
It's on a families property behind their house and massive out buildings (backyard, kinda, but, this is something you have to experience to fully understand). It is a total park setting. There were a bunch of tent campers, two BIG motorhomes, a trailer and just tons of empty space. Must be twenty or so acres.

Great hospitality. Great people.

Rich- Mnay thanks to you and the crew for coming up!

Time Zone is one of the finest and most laid back places there is to race!!!

You need to put the Time Zone Gran Prix on your racing calendar for 2010!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.