R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Ok Guys, who can make this happen. I love the X-GAMES and i think that rc racing would be a great event to have in it. WHAT DO YOU THINK ?
RANDY SMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

i mean the X-games is more for XTREME sports, i dont think they would put RC in the x-games
|__Hyperdrive fan bus__ _|_| __\_ HOP ON BOARD
|_________12th scale___ |_| ____|
joe_jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by joe_jenkins View Post
i mean the X-games is more for XTREME sports, i dont think they would put RC in the x-games
i know it not an XTREME sport but i just think it would do well on a stage like this
Old 07-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think it would suck at a venue like that. People go to see people doing crazy things and puting themselves in danger, not driving toy cars around a little track. Seriously, what would you rather watch, toy cars or people getting 50ft of air in a real car or a little skateboard?
Sydwaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

The best place so far for exposure to the sport/hobby of R/C in my oppinion is the IRL race that is in Homestead. I participated in the event last year and plan on doing it again. Its a racing event to begin with, so R/C racing was a perfect fit. It was fun racing when you couldn't hear the cars (nitro) because of the people around the track cheering!

As far as that goes, I think any major racing event would be a great opportunity to have a race at. It would even be cool to have a series that was ran right allong with a major racing league. Actualy racing for money prizes, and would almost require drivers/mechanic teams the need to come up with sponsors to cover the costs associated with racing (travel,parts,engines ect). Talk about a dream job!

Let me get off topic here a bit: Could anybody imagine what it would do for the hobby, watching ESPN, SPEED or any other network cover a 30 min event with just doing a 5 min highlight review! What an opportunity for the all the r/c manufactures from tires/fuel/bodies/ect. Being able to reach to all those people who dream about being a race car driver, it would give them a chance to get into real racing while giving our hobby valid recognition. I can't begin to tell you how many poeple that when I tell them I race cars, perk right up and ask what I race? I don't tell them that I race a toy car, I just go along and explain that I race Touring cars. Then after a bit, I drop on them that it is a radio controled car and although a few loose intrest, most don't! Then they say they thought r/c cars are just toys you buy at Wal-mart or Target and had no idea it is so involved. And for those that don't loose intrest, they ask what we race for.....when we tell them we don't race for anything, just a plastic trophy, they look puzzled as to why we spend so much on a hobby to gain nothing!

again, still off topic a bit: I know that I can't be the only person who has ever thought about doing this, but you would have to wonder what it could become. Having a sponsor like Pepsi, Verizon, NAPA or Target on an r/c car would be cool.
Going back a few years, to 1999 - 2001, I ran Oval racing in South Carolina. We had a race where you had to have a sponsor to enter it. Some guys just got a sticker from a local business and put it on their car, but I got sponsor from all places "HONDA" as many racers used Honda Generators in the pits. The local Honda dealership that sold generators gave me $100 for painting a body red with the white wing down the side and putting the dealership name on the car. They said that if I won the race and it was covered in the local newspaper, they would give me another $250.....So I made a call to the local paper, invited them to come out and take some photos and write an article on r/c racing. Well, I won the race, got my picture in the paper and picked up $250!

Anthing can happen. Sometime in the near future, Cartoon Network is supposed to have a show called R/C WARS, and its to be about a group of kids racing a series of dirt races in California. They had auditions last year for kids that had personality, but I don't know when it is suposed to air.
Am I going back racing?...Hmmm.. Not anytime soon... But soon enough.

Last edited by rcfoolz; 07-30-2009 at 11:43 PM.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #6
Tech Champion
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

RedBull is discovering the RC racing as I have read some weeks ago in a report about a Buggy race. RedBull has its own internet broadcast station with extreme (motor)sports and could there be an opportunity to expose the RC sports.
Speed is only fiction but a 130+km/h MRS4 is for real.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

here's my view on how RC should be promoted

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:15 PM   #8
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Very nice presentation of the video.
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:08 AM   #9
Tech Master

that is sweet
Old 08-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #10
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well done.
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #11
Tech Regular
Default I think SOO,... Do you?!

HMMMM... Rc racing for on road, give me your thoughts... yes it is true people do watch stunts at the x-games, yes they do wait for the every breath moment that a new trick was done by pros,... but maybe just maybe do you guys think this, ... can we viewers do any of those stunts, can we do those tricks,.... most and majority of us cant, now as for rc's, rc racing that can be done by anyone, i do understand that we may not become a sponsored pro at this hobby, but at least maybe if a young boy comes up to a fence and watches rc cars, lil toy cars controlled by the tip of your hands. would you as a kid like to have one of our own, now tell me the truth guys, men,... as a kid wouldnt you love to have a remote control car to play with around the front of your house,... i always had but the cheap toys r us controlled cars, now maybe this can be a way that maybe lets say promote the hobby to men, woman, boys and girl. Although i may see the majority of boys would like to be involved, now this is off topic about would PEOPLE watch it,... maybe yes maybe no, but one thing i think is we can get more people into this hobby, maybe a boys dream to become one of those drivers that control the cars up in the stands or maybe actually one day become a pro... i think at the x-games one of the most intertained event, the most viewed channel, this could spark the plug of more people in considering to do as a hobby and something we all can do for once in the field of sports instead of only watching the skilled pro sportsmanship do all the action! iono maybe this is a good resaon...!

Last edited by LAM3SAUCE; 08-02-2009 at 01:53 PM.
LAM3SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:00 AM   #12
Tech Adept
Default video

psycolosidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #13
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Send a message via AIM to killatoyota4569

x-6 sq2/ x-60
Team KILL4T3Ch
killatoyota4569 is offline   Reply With Quote