Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
1/8 On-Road WC in Lostollo...who do you think will win?? >

1/8 On-Road WC in Lostollo...who do you think will win??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 On-Road WC in Lostollo...who do you think will win??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah collari is very threatening....he doesnt sem to be as consistant in lap times as robert and alberto
Old 08-19-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

could anybody explain what those extra linkages on the top deck, are for on the Roberts' car and on the 966??

I am not getting it..
Old 08-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Yeah collari is very threatening....he doesnt sem to be as consistant in lap times as robert and alberto
for ur info, collari is seldom fast in the heats. just look back at the last few WC u will realise that
Old 08-19-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks very much for all the support guys. Believe, it is killing me to be at home right now, but sometimes things just don't work out.

We are focused on the Nationals, and looking forward to having a great time there.

Lets all cheer for Team USA to do their best in Lostallo! Great run Josh!!

See you at the Woodville Mall!
Scott
Old 08-19-2009, 08:11 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think Dario Balestri was discqualified or something... he was 7th and now his timing has been stripped.

Damn, i was betting on him to win.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by X4
I think Dario Balestri was discqualified or something... he was 7th and now his timing has been stripped.

Damn, i was betting on him to win.
source: redrc.net
Having had a great Q3 Team Motonica may be without one of their star drivers for the rest of the event. Dario Balestri was found to have run an unmarked engine in Q4 and faces exclusion from the entire event. Race officials are deliberating over the matter with an announcment expected later this evening.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:22 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Thanks playerdd...
Old 08-19-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Dario is not DQ'd from the event. He just lost the previous 4 rounds. Tommorow, he will have two chances to post a time...

The linkage you guys are seeing is to support the radio plate front/back but completely allows the chassis to flex like an electric TC....

Thanks Scott!! See you in 2 weeks!!
Old 08-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Arahawak
could anybody explain what those extra linkages on the top deck, are for on the Roberts' car and on the 966??

I am not getting it..
There seems to be a couple of "mods" to his MRX-4X, the two linkages on either side of the fuel tank are mounted to the top deck and top deck brace are there to increase longitudinal rigidity of the chassis while keeping "stock" lateral rigidity -(so I'm told). The other is the revised lower mount for the rear shock to increase shock angle. Go Team Mugen!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Lord

It creates flex in the chassis by loosen the radio plate but takes out unwanted vibrations and holds stifness in the length of the chassis
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iwk2much
There seems to be a couple of "mods" to his MRX-4X, the two linkages on either side of the fuel tank are mounted to the top deck and top deck brace are there to increase longitudinal rigidity of the chassis while keeping "stock" lateral rigidity -(so I'm told).
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
The linkage you guys are seeing is to support the radio plate front/back but completely allows the chassis to flex like an electric TC....
Thanks for the explaination.

In a nutshell, it is just to provide more side to side grip? Coz i was looking at the video by RedRC, there seems to be to alot of chicanes and S bends where the cars have to go through them pretty fast, otherwise alot of time are wasted.
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iwk2much
There seems to be a couple of "mods" to his MRX-4X, the two linkages on either side of the fuel tank are mounted to the top deck and top deck brace are there to increase longitudinal rigidity of the chassis while keeping "stock" lateral rigidity -(so I'm told). The other is the revised lower mount for the rear shock to increase shock angle. Go Team Mugen!

What's Up Strack> Good luck at Byron's Challenge.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Arahawak
Thanks for the explaination.

In a nutshell, it is just to provide more side to side grip? Coz i was looking at the video by RedRC, there seems to be to alot of chicanes and S bends where the cars have to go through them pretty fast, otherwise alot of time are wasted.

It also helps give more steering for what ever reason. At least it does in electric sedan....
Old 08-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Factory Motonica driver Dario Balestri, who was found to have an unmarked Novarossi engine fitted in his P81, will continue to take part in the 2009 IFMAR 1:8 Onroad World Championships but the 2007 World Finalist loses the times from the opening four qualifiers along with receiving an official warning for the incident. Under World Championship rules each driver can nominate up to three engines for the event which are in turn marked by IFMAR but in Q4, in which he only ran for 3 minutes, technical inspection found the unmarked unit. Having been struggling here at Lostallo, the Italian appeared to have found his way today setting the seventh fastest time in Q3 but with his heats cancelled he will have to pull out all the stops in tomorrow’s final two qualifiers.

The International Federation of Model Auto Racing issued the following decision -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Round 4 the car from Dario Balestri (Italy), “driver 6″ was found to have a non-marked engine in the car.

The Race Director asked for an international Jury meeting to decide for this unforeseen situation for the penalty is not clearly described in the IFMAR rules.

The international Jury felt that an appropriate penalty was in place and nade the following decision.

- All the results from Round 1 till Round 4 will be lost
- The un-marked engine will be marked as engine number 3 (only 2 engines were marked up till now).
- One official warning

On behalf of IFMAR,

Sander de Graaf
IFMAR IC Section Chairman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: redrc.net
Old 08-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

go josh !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.