R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Team Magic G4??!!!??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/312875-team-magic-g4.html)

LAM3SAUCE 07-17-2009 08:47 PM

Team Magic G4??!!!???

Hi i am looking around the internet and noticed that the team magic g4 kit is really cheap, actually out of all the high end nitro kits out there! is this car an old car??? i know the mtx4 is kinda old but it cost 300+ for the kit still and all the others 400+, but this kit looks pretty nice but its sooo cheap! so whats the catch up on this G4 kit? ThankYou! :tire::tire::rolleyes::tire::tire:

aizenbelle 07-17-2009 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by LAM3SAUCE (Post 6081961)
Hi i am looking around the internet and noticed that the team magic g4 kit is really cheap, actually out of all the high end nitro kits out there! is this car an old car??? i know the mtx4 is kinda old but it cost 300+ for the kit still and all the others 400+, but this kit looks pretty nice but its sooo cheap! so whats the catch up on this G4 kit? ThankYou! :tire::tire::rolleyes::tire::tire:

g4 old car

g4rs08 and g4+evo are the best versions and are a bit expensive. the new car from team magic is the G4RS 2009.

YR4Dude 07-17-2009 09:32 PM

Its cheap because parts support is a bit of a problem unless you don't mind buying direct from Wolf Hobbies. Also since its not just because its old, its because the original design had some flaws. Over the generations where it has been updated, the flaws were remedied and those new generations are the ones that are worth more. The problem with getting an older chassis that needs updating is that eventhough it may be cheap, if you add all the parts needed to update the chassis, it will cost you more than what it would cost if you were to buy the newer updated one, that has all the problems remedied.

I know this because I got a G4C, back when it was really new and really cheap. Two major problems, steering and placement of the electrics. I want you to know, I've spent more money in parts than I have in the original kit and it still hasn't worked for me. The engine compartment is tight and is difficult to install and remove the engine from its mounts. Also you, need to invest in a low profile steering servo and a micro receiver in order for the electrics placement to workout because it is TIGHT! At this point, I've just about given up and decided to move on.

I'm currently running an MTX-3. Its an old car but not that old. It still can handle quite well, but I'm finding it a bit difficult to find parts for it. However according to Mugen USA, there's still plenty of parts for it.:rolleyes: I plan on getting a newer chassis soon. Believe me, you do get what you pay for.:nod:

nazwenhome 07-18-2009 09:13 AM

i have few success stories with G4RS-08 in less than a year experience :) too good to be true for a beginner.
anyway here is my testimonial, tested G4s,G4wc,G4RS,G4+evo,G4RS-09. they keep on improving by optimizing something with alum parts, increase stability = faster lap, and of course price increase a long the way too.

like what YR4 said, save some $$ and get up to date model.

rcrevolution 07-18-2009 09:18 AM

if you are interested I have a BRAND NEW G4RS 08 i built but never ran for very cheap, PM me if you wanna know more.