Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd V8 '09

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Suspended

Default Answers

Originally Posted by wmay11
Hi PM, I had a look at you set up for low traction, some questions please?
What does the radioplate tuning give you?
White rear on fornt?
350 on front for oil?
And what do you mean by rear side upper-front arm up?

Absolutely low this car found the reason for stripping gears, Kyosho first

Thank you!
Here we go...
  • Radioplate tuning will give more lateral grip allover
  • White rear springs on front yes
  • 350 Oil for front with one hole
  • Front upper arms can be set on different way's, just set the frontside down and the rear side up. It will provide you with just that small bit more steering.

Stripping gears??? We never had that.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sorry I meant love the car, sure I see what you mean, reactive caster I will try that and the rear springs on front are a little softer than white front.

Thanks PM
Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BigBellyCat
Absolutely low this car found the reason for stripping gears, Kyosho first

Thank you!
I dont understand what you mean by this. Stripping gears? Never had that happen to me. I own two 1/8 cars and never had to replace stripped pinion or spur gears in an entire season of racing[/QUOTE]

Sorry absolutely love this car, my issue was I had a Kyosho first pinion in and I was chewing up spurs at a crazy rate, for the life of me i could not understand it.

Cheers mate!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

It rained absolutely horrible tonight and i'm pretty sure the testing lot will be washed out and may have a light sprinkling of sand/debris/pebbles/crud from the rain.

If the night before the race,it rained, would i have to remain with the low traction setup or go for softer tyres?
Which component of the car must i adjust first to compensate for the lack of traction? I'm starting with tyres at 32F/32R, then moving up to 32F/35R. The tracks average temp during the day is 29-32deg celsius and the track is hovering around 39-42deg celsius over the past 3 days when i was last there.

Any suggestions? I just want to have a setup to revert to in case the weather was different prior to the race day
I'm experimenting with the gurney wing, how much trade off in speed should i expect if i increase the spoiler's height by 3mm? or should i just go by 'feel' and see if the rear feels planted? I have two bodies for testing the Protoform 909 and the classic LOLA body. Cant seem to tell which is better except the LOLA seems to tack straight like an arrow
Old 06-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Cefx parts

Originally Posted by PMSorber
Here we go...
  • Radioplate tuning will give more lateral grip allover
  • White rear springs on front yes
  • 350 Oil for front with one hole
  • Front upper arms can be set on different way's, just set the frontside down and the rear side up. It will provide you with just that small bit more steering.

Stripping gears??? We never had that.
PMSorber, have you tried Josh's CEFX parts? I have them on my car, and here in the US I think they work great! Do you think there is any advantage or disadvantage to them or just preference?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:29 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi all,
i am finally getting around to mounting a new body (p909) and noted Josh's setup from GLC last year, which listed 21mm off the front and 158mm tall.

can someone (josh?) confirm that the height measurement is from rear center or from the tallest portion of the side ventrals?

i have fashioned a spacer that lies on top of the existing rear posts. so that the centering pin and rear shock tower relationship is unchanged.

is this how you got 159mm height or did you use taller body mount arms? i got a set of evolva arms which just need a little grinding to fit.

the spacer leaves the geometry intact but it tends rock foraft. does anybody have a better scheme for getting rear body height needed for the current crop of shells?

thanks for the help.
tony
Old 06-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Tech Regular

Which wheels are compatible for the Velox V8? When i was trying to order online i couldnt find a wheel ( xcept Shepherd's) that is specific for The Velox.
Will Mugen/Kyosho wheels fit? I know Serpent wheels wont fit as i got a set. I'll be ordering enough wheels to last for an entire season.
Would you all recommend standard foams or multi rings foams?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Addict

Default Tires

Originally Posted by BigBellyCat
Which wheels are compatible for the Velox V8? When i was trying to order online i couldnt find a wheel ( xcept Shepherd's) that is specific for The Velox.
Will Mugen/Kyosho wheels fit? I know Serpent wheels wont fit as i got a set. I'll be ordering enough wheels to last for an entire season.
Would you all recommend standard foams or multi rings foams?
Mugen, Kyosho wheels fit perfectly
Old 06-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Tech Addict

Default body height

Originally Posted by avs
hi all,
i am finally getting around to mounting a new body (p909) and noted Josh's setup from GLC last year, which listed 21mm off the front and 158mm tall.

can someone (josh?) confirm that the height measurement is from rear center or from the tallest portion of the side ventrals?

i have fashioned a spacer that lies on top of the existing rear posts. so that the centering pin and rear shock tower relationship is unchanged.

is this how you got 159mm height or did you use taller body mount arms? i got a set of evolva arms which just need a little grinding to fit.

the spacer leaves the geometry intact but it tends rock foraft. does anybody have a better scheme for getting rear body height needed for the current crop of shells?

thanks for the help.
tony
Tony, team C makes rear body post extenders specifically for the Shepherd.
Contact Stephen at www.teamcracing.net They Are awesome to work with.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speedracer1bp
Mugen, Kyosho wheels fit perfectly
Thanks for the info, testing continues...
Old 06-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Suspended

PMSorber, have you tried Josh's CEFX parts? I have them on my car, and here in the US I think they work great! Do you think there is any advantage or disadvantage to them or just preference?

Ofcause we did, I have them as well and some are about alway's on our car
The problem is twofold: a) Nobody else uses these parts in the Benelux and its expected from me to help others. b) We noticed that these parts work better on high-grip tracks, we dont have those here in NL.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Taking a chance with this post but does anyone know stock shims for AAC STI Sirio CL7R, wanting head clearence stock before I fire it up again?

Cheers man!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,
i just want to give some comments to some off the questions.

CEFX Parts: As Pieter said they are specified to use on high grip tracks like the US tracks. We tried it many times in europe and always need to go back to the shepherd ones.

Body height: There are some different rules all over the world. In efra i think you have to messure the highest point in the rear, so the sidewalls will be higher !!! So it depends on the rules.

Body rasing: I also want to raise the body without changing the geometrie.
Also we, Shepherd, do have some nice body post extensions. item is 905302.

And one more thing for you guys out there, if you are running the cars on high grip tracks and higher temperatures, i would recommend the harder plastic parts for the suspension. There are two different sets of, i gues the 900006 and the 900007. One is hard and the other one, the 07, is extra hard.

Thats it for the moment

Alex
Old 06-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Tech Addict

Default Shepherd drivers

Hey Coupe, I saw recently that David Spashett won the Rd3 of 1/8th BRCA nats with a Shepherd Velox, Was this a one shot race for him?, or might there be some news?

Last edited by speedracer1bp; 06-10-2010 at 04:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-10-2010, 06:45 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tony, team C makes rear body post extenders specifically for the Shepherd.
Contact Stephen at www.teamcracing.net They Are awesome to work with.
thanks i will take a look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.