Wiki Posts
Search

Evolva M3 running

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Evolva M3 running

Hello from Mongolia,

Just bought Evolva M3 with Picco Engine. I am probably only one who owe this unit in MOngolia. Can not wait to put it together. Decided to go to International friends for some advise and tips. Is there any particular points I have to pay attention while assembling? Was Picco a right choice? I saw some option pinion and spur gears on internet. When do you install them and in which case? Also bought 4 sets of GPR tires grade 35. Probably I have to run the car first and see how it behaves on the track. Picco engine came with 2 spare venturi. Do not have any idea when and how I have to use them.

I would appreciate any help and advise you can give me

Thanks

Narra
Old 05-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hey

Try Empireracing.com, they have all setup imfo for the M3 you wont be disapointed
Old 05-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Narra
Hello from Mongolia,

J........ Was Picco a right choice? I saw some option pinion and spur gears on internet. When do you install them and in which case? Also bought 4 sets of GPR tires grade 35. Probably I have to run the car first and see how it behaves on the track. Picco engine came with 2 spare venturi. Do not have any idea when and how I have to use them.

Thanks

Narra
I assume a Picco P9? Picco is at the moment one of the best engines to use, so that should not be a problem. Just take care of running-in the engine as it should be done. Normally you should use the 9mm venturi and on long fast tracks you could also use the 8mm one to be able to run 5 minutes on one tank. What exhaust did you buy?
Old 05-22-2009, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Try Empireracing.com, they have all setup imfo for the M3 you wont be disapointed
That was very kind! Appreciated, too.

We are getting our website reworked - it is taking forever, sorry about that. We haven't been able to post our R&D results for over a year. Here is a pdf with an expanation of all of the items we sell (the pricing listed is straight MSRP - we do not discount if you buy direct from us).

Our IP address is:

empirercracing.com We had to sneak an "rc" in the middle of our domain name.

You are welcome to eMail us questions, we are happy to respond.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Retail.pdf (71.7 KB, 522 views)
Old 05-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=PMSorber;5844623]I assume a Picco P9? Picco is at the moment one of the best engines to use, so that should not be a problem. Just take care of running-in the engine as it should be done. Normally you should use the 9mm venturi and on long fast tracks you could also use the 8mm one to be able to run 5 minutes on one tank. What exhaust did you buy?[/QUO

Thanks a lot. I think it is P7-R Evo3. I did not check exhaust yet I will let you know. Is there any particular running in procedure for this engine or just do normal "2-3 tank rich running"? It also came with no glow plug. What plug is recommended? Our city is 1400m above sea level and some people say we require different set up for such altitude. Will 8mm suit tracks like Lostallo, Switzerland? Really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Narra
Old 05-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by impalabob64
That is great site you advised me. Thanks a lot. Is this car designed only for tarmac surface track or you also have competition on smooth concrete track???
Old 05-27-2009, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Hello from Mongolia,

Just bought Evolva M3 with Picco Engine. I am probably only one who owe this unit in MOngolia. Can not wait to put it together. Decided to go to International friends for some advise and tips. Is there any particular points I have to pay attention while assembling? Was Picco a right choice? I saw some option pinion and spur gears on internet. When do you install them and in which case? Also bought 4 sets of GPR tires grade 35. Probably I have to run the car first and see how it behaves on the track. Picco engine came with 2 spare venturi. Do not have any idea when and how I have to use them.

Thanks

Narra
Hello Narra:

You have the best car in Mongolia. The build assembly is easy and everything comes together with perfection snapping right into place. I agree that you should consider alll of the Empire Racing hop-ups especially the rear roll center combo B and C pieces, front hangers Combo Pack...just get all the M3 stuff. The Empire parts are unbelievable for performance tuning.

I don't run Picco motors but you should stay in touch with IDM people. Start with stock gearing and observe for feedback to IDM. 35 shore tires are also fine all around for starters.

Get ready for a big smile when you put the Evolva M3 down for the first time.

Any detailed questions regarding clutch, etc...please feel free to pm me anytime.

Happy Racing!
Paulie
Old 05-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Paulie Bee
Hello Narra:

You have the best car in Mongolia. The build assembly is easy and everything comes together with perfection snapping right into place. I agree that you should consider alll of the Empire Racing hop-ups especially the rear roll center combo B and C pieces, front hangers Combo Pack...just get all the M3 stuff. The Empire parts are unbelievable for performance tuning.

I don't run Picco motors but you should stay in touch with IDM people. Start with stock gearing and observe for feedback to IDM. 35 shore tires are also fine all around for starters.

Get ready for a big smile when you put the Evolva M3 down for the first time.

Any detailed questions regarding clutch, etc...please feel free to pm me anytime.

Happy Racing!
Paulie
Hi Paulie,

thanks a lot for your post and time. I am thinking to assemble everything and try on the track without any upgrades for now, although I have never driven Pro 1/8 car I would not really know whether it is good or not. But I am sure I will get its feel pretty soon and probably will start putting hop up parts, start understanding details of this car. I keep saying to my friends this car is 3 times Champion and they go just WOOOW he he he. But in order to get real adrenalin I still want to race which is not possible here. But I will keep working on my car and I will report you back its behavior on the track. I have received email from Jackie, who is President of Swiss Federation and Treasurer from EFRA, saying that I can participate in Warm up race at Lostallo. But I am afraid I am behind the schedule.

I am sorry Paulie, but who is IDM people? I am only new in Tech so do not know all the abbrevations he he he. Do you also owe this unit? How long have you been in this sport (I do wonna call it Hobby anymore he he).

again, I really appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Narra
Old 05-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Just can not wait to see how real pro RC car takes the corner in awesome speed.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Paulie,

thanks a lot for your post and time. I am thinking to assemble everything and try on the track without any upgrades for now, although I have never driven Pro 1/8 car I would not really know whether it is good or not. But I am sure I will get its feel pretty soon and probably will start putting hop up parts, start understanding details of this car. I keep saying to my friends this car is 3 times Champion and they go just WOOOW he he he. But in order to get real adrenalin I still want to race which is not possible here. But I will keep working on my car and I will report you back its behavior on the track. I have received email from Jackie, who is President of Swiss Federation and Treasurer from EFRA, saying that I can participate in Warm up race at Lostallo. But I am afraid I am behind the schedule.

I am sorry Paulie, but who is IDM people? I am only new in Tech so do not know all the abbrevations he he he. Do you also owe this unit? How long have you been in this sport (I do wonna call it Hobby anymore he he).

again, I really appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Narra
IDM are the Modified Picco Daniele Ielasi engines distributors in the USA...speak to Jerry. Google them or check the Exclusive engine thread here on RC Tech. I haven't run Picco in a couple of years.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Default Feeling Amped up?

Here are some items that you fellow adventurers may like.

eM3* Motor mounts transmission adapters. Give it a swing. Brew your own.

You can join the leading edge of 1/8th Electric.

The Empire eM3 will be running at 301 this weekend. Stop by our pits and check it out

* Designed for the Kyosho M3 only. We, also, strongly recommend The Castle MMM Speed controller and 2650KV motor.
Attached Thumbnails Evolva M3 running-m3e-parts-001.jpg   Evolva M3 running-m3e-parts-003.jpg  
Old 06-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Tech Initiate

After 5 hours work. I would say 15% complete. That rear suspension looks even complicated. Another sleepless night ahead.

Attached Thumbnails Evolva M3 running-070620091094.jpg  
Old 06-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Tech Initiate

HI guys,

What servo would you recommend for steering? Thanks in advance NJ
Old 06-16-2009, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

HI guys,

What servo would you recommend for steering? Thanks in advance NJ
Both servos:
KO 2368... my opinion
Old 06-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Paulie Bee
Both servos:
KO 2368... my opinion
Thanks Buddy! 150$ EACH whoo hoo. is that about right price?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.