Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 235MM Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default Serpent 235MM Help Please

Hey guys I just purchased a Serpent 235MM from a guy at a Swap. I got a great deal for it. It has a Nova mega .15 On it. I would like to know If you could change out the servo saver or steering box on the front servo. It is like a Traxxas POS. Really old school. Does anyone know anything about this car? Does anyone know if it is a Impulse or a Impact? thank you

For Pics
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That is a circa 1997 Serpent Impact, excellent car. Serpent has/had a plastic servo mount that would clamp the steering servo in place and attach to the upper plate. This would prevent the ears of the servo breaking off in a hard hit. Try contacting Serpent, they might still have that part in stock.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:38 PM
icm
Tech Adept

I might have one of the servo clamps that garen is talkin about. I'll look when I get home and send you a pm
Old 06-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569
I would like to know If you could change out the servo saver or steering box on the front servo. It is like a Traxxas POS. Really old school. For Pics
This is the piece your looking for. They are servo specific.
Ashford Hobby_Serpent Servo mount-set
Old 06-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys thanks for the posts, yes We just bought this, Engine is good, Dont know about compression yet have to test but She is pretty fast, I need to learn about the Clutch setup and Gearing. It hits RPMS fast and also the 2nd gear engages pretty fast.

Does any1 know any parts I should change right away?????

Where could I get more info on this car????

Do they even make parts for this car????

What engine would you put on this???

Thank you guys
Old 06-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys thanks for the posts, yes We just bought this, Engine is good, Dont know about compression yet have to test but She is pretty fast, I need to learn about the Clutch setup and Gearing. It hits RPMS fast and also the 2nd gear engages pretty fast.

Does any1 know any parts I should change right away?????

Where could I get more info on this car????

Do they even make parts for this car????

What engine would you put on this???

Thank you guys

i would suggest contacting Serpent America for parts or hobby shops that have been arround like Ashford for what you need ..
Old 07-01-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rpoage
This is the piece your looking for. They are servo specific.
Ashford Hobby_Serpent Servo mount-set
where does this part go or what does it replace? Thank you
Old 07-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

where does this part go or what does it replace? Thank you
It's mostly a hop-up,to take the flex out of steering servo and to rise or lower it,good to have but not a must. I have tons of parts,waiting for the 235 come back
Old 07-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kmichael
It's mostly a hop-up,to take the flex out of steering servo and to rise or lower it,good to have but not a must. I have tons of parts,waiting for the 235 come back
what parts should i upgrade or change?? and also can you show me where the part goes please. Im trying to remove the servo saver and put sumthing else. any ideas? thank you
Old 07-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Well does anyone have any parts for this car or any where I should get parts???

Does anyone know how to change out that Steering servo saver? I know u can upgrade it, just not sure how, any help would be great.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Bruckner hobbies may still have parts I have a few parts still. Is it a 2 or 4wd car.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Initiate

That's a pretty old car. It was discontinued a while back. The current serpent website still does list the last revision of the Impact (the WC 2002 version) here:

http://www.serpent.com/product/Gas%20Cars/main/14/

It was replaced by the Serpent 835 which shares some of the same parts but the class died out as it became a one manufacturer class (Serpent) when the Mugen Avance and STS Maddog faded. Although the 835 is still not discontinued, I don't know of many stores that carry it (or parts) anymore. Like the other posters said, you'd have the best luck checking with stores that have been around for a while to see if they still have some left over parts (like Ashford, Brooklyn, maybe Winner's Circle?). You can also check on Ebay as I've seen people giving up waiting for the class to come back and dumping their holdover parts.

But more than parts, I would think you'd have a harder time getting a hold of the foam tires.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Bruckner hobbies may still have parts I have a few parts still. Is it a 2 or 4wd car.
Originally Posted by jdev
That's a pretty old car. It was discontinued a while back. The current serpent website still does list the last revision of the Impact (the WC 2002 version) here:

http://www.serpent.com/product/Gas%20Cars/main/14/

It was replaced by the Serpent 835 which shares some of the same parts but the class died out as it became a one manufacturer class (Serpent) when the Mugen Avance and STS Maddog faded. Although the 835 is still not discontinued, I don't know of many stores that carry it (or parts) anymore. Like the other posters said, you'd have the best luck checking with stores that have been around for a while to see if they still have some left over parts (like Ashford, Brooklyn, maybe Winner's Circle?). You can also check on Ebay as I've seen people giving up waiting for the class to come back and dumping their holdover parts.

But more than parts, I would think you'd have a harder time getting a hold of the foam tires.
It is 4wd and I love her...

Now I can find tires for her easy, My hobby shop dont have parts for her. What other model serpents can I swap parts from?? I just need to know that part tooo. I love this car and dont want to let her go to waste, I wanna beef her up as much as possible. Thanks
Old 07-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey I got a Hudy set-up station for this thing if you would like it
Old 07-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Serpent Impact parts

I have a lot of spares. send me an email at [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.