R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Have a problem.?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/307635-have-problem.html)

calrosse 06-26-2009 08:15 PM

Have a problem.??

I have a hpi rs4 evo 3 and after awhile on running it wont stay running, any help would be great Thanks guys

Schuy.

freestyles 06-26-2009 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by calrosse (Post 5990800)
I have a hpi rs4 evo 3 and after awhile on running it wont stay running, any help would be great Thanks guys

Schuy.

You might have to give a bit more info than that. What motor is it? What temp is it when it cuts out? Is it blowing smoke? etc etc

calrosse 06-26-2009 10:39 PM

The motor is the .15fe hpi motor. IT's like when i hit my brakes it dies. I don't know what temp it runs at i don't have a temp gun. Yes it is blowing smoke not when it is idling, but when i get on it she blows smoke.

Pattojnr 06-26-2009 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by calrosse (Post 5991178)
The motor is the .15fe hpi motor. IT's like when i hit my brakes it dies. I don't know what temp it runs at i don't have a temp gun. Yes it is blowing smoke not when it is idling, but when i get on it she blows smoke.

could be too lean ? is it blowing smoke ? or heaps of smoke (rich) . also see if your radio has end points, set the max travel through the radio. make sure also the throttle linkage is setup right, it may idle fine, accel good, but once brakes used, it maybe not set right , and closignthe throttle more to make it cut out while braking. best way to check , is turn your radio gear on, engine not running, try to close the linkage on the carb by hand, not radio, if it closes more, then its not setup right, or use your brakes and look at the carb, if it closes more under brakes, then put more spring tension on the carb linkage.

JetMD 06-27-2009 01:34 AM

Or, just tighten your idle stop screw until it won't cut off when you hit the brakes. There should be 3 screws for adjustment on that carburator. One is near the throttle rotary valve and this is the low speed adjustment. The second should be visable from above the carburator (it will be at the highest point of the carb.) and this is the high speed adjustment. The third is the idle stop screw. It should be the hardest to reach between the back of the carb. and the engine. This screws only purpose is to limit how far the throttle closes. If the motor cuts off when you hit the brakes, the throttle is closing too far. Just tighten this screw a little at a time until it won't cut off anymore.

cdub1 06-27-2009 04:26 AM

Could also be your clutch, thrust bearing may be shot...

calrosse 06-27-2009 06:20 AM

HHMMMMM........ I will check it out today. With The idle screw. It's not blowing a ton of smoke but it is blowing some. I will play with it and let you guys know what had happened. Thanks guys.

Thanks Schuyler.

freestyles 06-27-2009 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by calrosse (Post 5991963)
HHMMMMM........ I will check it out today. With The idle screw. It's not blowing a ton of smoke but it is blowing some. I will play with it and let you guys know what had happened. Thanks guys.

Thanks Schuyler.

The idle screw should have nothing to do with the smoke comming out of your exhaust. Only your top,mid,low range needles will have an impact. I personally wouldn't touch the mid range if that motor has one.

calrosse 06-27-2009 07:48 PM

Well thank you everyone that had helped me yesterday and today. I got it screaming now, She's like i have never seen before. It was awesome i am proud of myself i got running great, and then, and then, i broke the high needle flush with the carb base. STUPID. After i got it running good i went to take it back out and seen a guy i had done a job for and he wanted to look at the car, so i let him then he wanted to see it run, so i started it and drove it around and then i hit some fine pebbles and she spun went under a van, and a truck tire stop it with the carb. CRAZY. Well those are the brakes when you are new.
Thanks guys for helping me.

Schuyler....P.S. sorry so long but had to tell you the story.

freestyles 06-27-2009 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by calrosse (Post 5993796)
Well thank you everyone that had helped me yesterday and today. I got it screaming now, She's like i have never seen before. It was awesome i am proud of myself i got running great, and then, and then, i broke the high needle flush with the carb base. STUPID. After i got it running good i went to take it back out and seen a guy i had done a job for and he wanted to look at the car, so i let him then he wanted to see it run, so i started it and drove it around and then i hit some fine pebbles and she spun went under a van, and a truck tire stop it with the carb. CRAZY. Well those are the brakes when you are new.

Or should you say you HAD it screaming:lol::lol: Nah really you poor bugger. You should be able to buy a replacement carby but maybe now it's a good excuse to get a bigger, better motor :sneaky:

calrosse 06-28-2009 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by freestyles (Post 5993947)
Or should you say you HAD it screaming:lol::lol: Nah really you poor bugger. You should be able to buy a replacement carby but maybe now it's a good excuse to get a bigger, better motor :sneaky:

That was my thought exactly. I am thinking about a os motor. had one treated me good and i have heard good things about them too. So i am looking in to it. Thanks freestyles for feeling my pain, and oh yeah she was screaming.

Kyo83 06-28-2009 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by calrosse (Post 5993796)
............Well those are the brakes when you are new.

Or lack there of...sorry for you mishap but its part of the program. Now get over to your LHS and get repair parts and get back out there.

calrosse 06-28-2009 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kyo83 (Post 5997690)
get repair parts and get back out there.

That's my plan stan.....lol......jk. Hey i am going to save and get a os motor, and some hop up parts...........:sneaky:

nazwenhome 06-29-2009 08:12 AM

i see ur getting OS motor.. it wont disappoint u. anyway, enjoy racing :nod:

calrosse 06-29-2009 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by nazwenhome (Post 5999718)
i see ur getting OS motor.. it wont disappoint u. anyway, enjoy racing :nod:

Yep, and glad to hear it, i cant wait.........:eek: