Team Magic G4RS 2009 >

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Old 11-28-2010, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default tires

Try the Contact Carbons or the standards are good also tried the GQs cars track width to narrow.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Guys,

Any of you tested already GQ Tires on your G4RS09's ? ... im trying to look if normal tires will fit or do i have to buy 2mm offset ones,

thanks
I'm sure you don't need a 2mm offset rim, as most tire manufactures I know of don't even offer that option anymore. I don't own A G4 my self but seeing that its the 09 version your asking about, I'm positive it works properly with today's current rims.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-nicest
I'm sure you don't need a 2mm offset rim, as most tire manufactures I know of don't even offer that option anymore. I don't own A G4 my self but seeing that its the 09 version your asking about, I'm positive it works properly with today's current rims.
I have always thought that the purpose of offset rims was to make it quicker to change trackwidth of a car in practice sessions, or that's what I have been told. Is there another purpose? Quick changes of trackwidth can also be achieved by using one or two 0.5 mm shims that can be removed quickly.

I know of a guy who ran 2nd in qualifier of a very big event (Worlds at Brendale); but was disqualified after a quick tire change in a qualifier when track conditions changed after a rain storm, because he had mixed up some offset tires amongst the standard width. His car came in 1 mm too wide in scrutineering; so its important to label tires for those who play around with offset rims.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:16 AM
abi
Tech Adept

With the 09 i'd be aiming for 0 offsets as I find the the rear end struggles to stay under 200mm at the back. My car has the -0.75mm hex drives as well as the CV's in the narrowest position and can only get 198mm with 0 offsets on the back, the drive shafts still bottom out in the diff cups on full compression of the suspension like this.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by abi
With the 09 i'd be aiming for 0 offsets as I find the the rear end struggles to stay under 200mm at the back. My car has the -0.75mm hex drives as well as the CV's in the narrowest position and can only get 198mm with 0 offsets on the back, the drive shafts still bottom out in the diff cups on full compression of the suspension like this.
You wonder why the designers at TM couldn't have thought of and fixed this problem before they released the RS09.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Default kfactory cvds

I believe the Kfactory rear cvds address that issue correct if im wrong, my rear is super stable an its set at 200mm in the rear.Also from what i was told from a world class racer aka Chris Tosolini, is the rims you set the car up with is the rims you should continue too run with.

Ps I want thank him for all his help car was on rails at the US Open his tip was pay attention to the little details of your car.

Last edited by impalabob64; 11-29-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
I have always thought that the purpose of offset rims was to make it quicker to change trackwidth of a car in practice sessions, or that's what I have been told. Is there another purpose? Quick changes of trackwidth can also be achieved by using one or two 0.5 mm shims that can be removed quickly.

I know of a guy who ran 2nd in qualifier of a very big event (Worlds at Brendale); but was disqualified after a quick tire change in a qualifier when track conditions changed after a rain storm, because he had mixed up some offset tires amongst the standard width. His car came in 1 mm too wide in scrutineering; so its important to label tires for those who play around with offset rims.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
A lot of the older sedans didn't work properly with 0 offset rims in the rear, examples are the Yokomo gt4, mugen MTX-2 etc. Basically the inner part of the rim would rub on parts of the rear hub or rear chamber link, having an offset hex or using offset rims was the solution to that problem. This is why 2mm offset wheels used to be popular. Today's current sedans don't have this issue any more, which can help explain why most manufactures don't produce them.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Finally got some decent track time in with my G4rs09 on Sunday at our club races at Kambah. After a bit of fiddling with the tuning of the sirio evo4 after replacing all the o-rings the car was running well with the new Novarossi 2660 pipe and header (it also sounded really cool!!)
I changed the spur gears to the 64/58 (with 16/22 pinons) and it had great power ..... well maybe too much power!!
The brakes are still fairly aggresive so i tended not to brake that much ... will need to adjust my TX settings to smooth out the grabby brake.

All in all it was a good day and i manage to smash my old fastest lap by around 2 seconds!!
That was 3 laps before the moddifed bolt to hold on the two speed shoes came off.....I should have loctited it!
Borrowed a bearing that got lost in the process and and went ok in the last final before having a few altercations and knocking off a rear camber link.

All cleaned up now and looking forward to some more fine tuning and the last race of the year in a fortnight.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default apb

has anyone one seen Bobby, there was no gt4 at the last state race,

we saved a spot in the A-main for him but was a no show!!!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Default Bike ride

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
has anyone one seen Bobby, there was no gt4 at the last state race,

we saved a spot in the A-main for him but was a no show!!!!!
Sup Peter, opted to ride in the Toys for Tots bike ride this weekend ,this was my first with over 3000 bikes, man it was for a good cause plus i got to see some really nice bikes.Will see you at Homestead for sure.An its G4RS 09 funny guy i saw the final good run you know how we sit back an wait
Old 12-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys
My sponsors are having a pre xmas sale and have some great deals on TM cars including the G4RS09.
I told them I'd put a post on here to let you know.

See here...
http://store.cometrc.com/product/900...ar-504000.html
Old 12-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default What recommended hop up for the G4RS

Hi,

Just brought a 2nd hand G4rs....currently stripped and rebuilding the car, hence was looking for recommended hop ups for the car ? Was looking at the ED transmission and the UFO clutch system...do they fit the G4RS ?

Thanks
Old 12-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xtreme888
Hi,

Just brought a 2nd hand G4rs....currently stripped and rebuilding the car, hence was looking for recommended hop ups for the car ? Was looking at the ED transmission and the UFO clutch system...do they fit the G4RS ?

Thanks
The UFO clutch system will fit G4RS 09 and in fact most 1/10 scale cars, and you can use the G4RS 09 clutch bell with it if you want to use the original pinions. Thew mid layshaft of the G4RS 08 ED transmission is different to the G4RS 09 version layshaft.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The '08RS comes with the same pulley sizes as the ED. No real inprovement other than alloy pulleys. I prefered the stock option over the ED as the ED pulleys are machined onto the front belt shaft and prone to brakage. It is cheaper to replace the plastic pulley over the whole ED shaft. The ED system was a huge improvment over the old '06-'07 G4S drivetrain. The clutch from the '09RS works great also. It's has the UFO 2 clutch on it.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
The UFO clutch system will fit G4RS 09 and in fact most 1/10 scale cars, and you can use the G4RS 09 clutch bell with it if you want to use the original pinions. Thew mid layshaft of the G4RS 08 ED transmission is different to the G4RS 09 version layshaft.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Lars. the TM Clutch bells and spur sizes have a 4mm diameter split unlike a mugen that is a 5mm. I doubt you can mesh the TM clutch to other cars. Not sure about the RS09

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.