Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mettuchi
received the upgrades from k factory, looking good
We are glad that you like them. We have just sent you a PM let us know what you think

Best regards
www.machinaria.com
Old 08-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Rookie

What would be the better motor for this car.

I'm looking at getting my G4RS mid next month, the guys at Team Magic advised me that I should go for the "Novarossi 353 Race .12 On Road Race Engine (2009 TUNED Version)" engine.

Is there anyone else using this motor?

What is the performance like and what other motors should I consider.

I fly planes and helis, getting out that hobby and getting into cars and monster trucks with my 8 yr old son.

Thanks

smo0
Old 08-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smo0
What would be the better motor for this car.

I'm looking at getting my G4RS mid next month, the guys at Team Magic advised me that I should go for the "Novarossi 353 Race .12 On Road Race Engine (2009 TUNED Version)" engine.

Is there anyone else using this motor?

What is the performance like and what other motors should I consider.

I fly planes and helis, getting out that hobby and getting into cars and monster trucks with my 8 yr old son.

Thanks

smo0
The 353 or the Maxpower will make it fly, they are very fast engine and if it's your frist time running onroad it maybe to much for you to handle i would love to have one in my car
Old 08-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

I have ran both the 353 09 and the JP Eagle 12 TL-3t and both engines are super fast.
The Jp works great with the G4 due to its shorter gear ratio as the exhaust port on the JP is a lot bigger for HUGE top end.

I have a JP eagle and a pipe set for sale if you like pm me..
Old 08-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mrgsr
I have ran both the 353 09 and the JP Eagle 12 TL-3t and both engines are super fast.
The Jp works great with the G4 due to its shorter gear ratio as the exhaust port on the JP is a lot bigger for HUGE top end.

I have a JP eagle and a pipe set for sale if you like pm me..
Thanks mrgsr

I have always had my heart and budget set on the Novarossi 353 motor but thanks for the offer.

Where abouts do you race?
Old 08-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Sydney Australia
Old 08-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Do you race at Whalan Reserve or Penrith on a Tuesday night.

I'm at Blacktown.

thanks again for the offer.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 3rd Place A-main

We add a money race over the weekend,car was really good ran a front diff, although i felt i would be faster with a lock,just want to get use to running a diff.I ran a Picco Evo3 engine very fast motor insane bottom end power was able to run with Max,Sirio,Rbs without a lack in speed.Also tried out 1/8 evolva shocks.They have the short shock bodies for the front an long bodies for the rear. The car worked perfect you can use the kit springs from the G4RS or you can use springs from the RRR Evo or EVo2 not the Evolva they are to stiff.Will post setup soon.

Last edited by impalabob64; 08-25-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smo0
Thanks mrgsr

I have always had my heart and budget set on the Novarossi 353 motor but thanks for the offer.

Where abouts do you race?
the build quality of the nova engines are first class and the 353 09 has lots of power just be sure to match it to the right pipe for your track and be sure to run in your nova engine correctly.
cheers
Old 08-25-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by impalabob64
....car was really good ran a front diff, although i felt i would be faster with a lock,just want to get use to running a diff.......
my g4rs always seems to run better with the solid than the diff.... no matter the track or setup....
Old 08-25-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by katze
my g4rs always seems to run better with the solid than the diff.... no matter the track or setup....
What silicon grease thickness are you using in the front diff?

Even 100,000 is too soft for this car sometimes... just makes me wonder.

I love the car with a diff and would hardly change it for a spool. Side to side transitions are sooo smooth with the right silicon and that helps me keep car in check. I am sure track conditions and plain preference sure make a difference and I am always open to suggestions and to learn.

Any particular reason for your preference? Keeping the car from tail-whipping on corner exit, for instance? How do you recover off-power steering? Thinner front shock oil than rear? I see it gives me a slight push off-power into long open curves, compared to my RRR. I do not see any problem in hairpins, but I am thinking it is because the car does not roll as much in the open turns as it does going into the u-turns. I've spaced up my front upper hinge pin mounts and feel no difference. Have not tried the thinner oil or softer springs. I only wanted to feel how the spool drives in direct comparison to the diff but had no time to make more changes last time at the track.

Thanks!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gtrmx
What silicon grease thickness are you using in the front diff?

Even 100,000 is too soft for this car sometimes... just makes me wonder.

I love the car with a diff and would hardly change it for a spool. Side to side transitions are sooo smooth with the right silicon and that helps me keep car in check. I am sure track conditions and plain preference sure make a difference and I am always open to suggestions and to learn.

Any particular reason for your preference? Keeping the car from tail-whipping on corner exit, for instance? How do you recover off-power steering? Thinner front shock oil than rear? I see it gives me a slight push off-power into long open curves, compared to my RRR. I do not see any problem in hairpins, but I am thinking it is because the car does not roll as much in the open turns as it does going into the u-turns. I've spaced up my front upper hinge pin mounts and feel no difference. Have not tried the thinner oil or softer springs. I only wanted to feel how the spool drives in direct comparison to the diff but had no time to make more changes last time at the track.

Thanks!
i tried 150k, 300k and 500k... but the transition into and out fo the corner just feels nicer to me with the solid.... i found it weird as i am normally a diff driver but the solid is just nicer on the g4rs...
Old 08-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys,

What kind shims am I supposed to use for altering roll center? Is there a special kind that goes below the upper arm mounts (front) or the lower arm mounts (rear) ?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by katze
i tried 150k, 300k and 500k... but the transition into and out fo the corner just feels nicer to me with the solid.... i found it weird as i am normally a diff driver but the solid is just nicer on the g4rs...
This is an interesting observation.

I am usually a front diff driver (mtx4) but I ran my RS09 for the first time on Sunday.
I was amazed at how predictable the tranistions were with the solid .. much better than I had expected. Although I was overshooting my off power apexs a little at first there was still more off power steering than I expected.

I have the front diff on order but am wondering now if it will be an improvement.

I have to say though ... what is that clutch all about!? I ended up ditching those pivoting shoes in favour of free floaters and the difference is night and day.

I am really looking forward to having a play around over the coming weeks.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PrimeAKF11
Guys,

What kind shims am I supposed to use for altering roll center? Is there a special kind that goes below the upper arm mounts (front) or the lower arm mounts (rear) ?
I was wondering the same... I think one has to shell out for KFactory upgrades!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.