Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Vimeo decoded badly

Originally Posted by blis
We are friendly at TM... Freestyles didnt have a great run at NSW titles and with the Xray gang there, making their claim to fame, he got caught in a rip. Just looked at the vids (posting atm-stay tuned) of his car in same heat as my son, the back end seemed too stiif/no droop and was swinging the rear quite badly. He almost AXED guy thru the Esses...you'll see his struggle.

I was caught up in meshing gears and dropped a pinion and it leaned us out.. 14 year old gave dad a well deserved serve...tail between my legs.. yes... still learning.

It was more a matter of no TM support and can understand his shift. There was 2 more seconds in his car at least. What he's gonna tell his wife when he says I want to sell Xray and buy the 09...would be more difficult than getting a G4+ sorted out so I wont be hassling my NSW garage buddy even if he is a TRAITOR!!!! I have a few spare TM stickers we can put on his shell.. that'll make it go faster!

joking about traitor..

h

Can download 300Mb here.. Avail for 1 week..

http://www.vimeo.com/download/video:...2f611b321f5c94

or watch online in squished 4:3..

http://www.vimeo.com/5920780

Anti shake was on.. Poor quality.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Can download 300Mb here.. Avail for 1 week..

http://www.vimeo.com/download/video:...2f611b321f5c94

or watch online in squished 4:3..

http://www.vimeo.com/5920780

Anti shake was on.. Poor quality.
I think I have seen this track in Virtual RC...

Am I right?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

so I wont be hassling my NSW garage buddy even if he is a TRAITOR!!!! I have a few spare TM stickers we can put on his shell.. that'll make it go faster!

joking about traitor..

h
lol .. you can then call me a traitor too ( I was the other G4 with freestyles at the NSW state titles sharing a table) as I just sold all my G4 stuff (regrettably) and got the '09 NT1 ...

in any case ... the new G4RS looks promising so I'll definitely keep my eyes on it in the coming months ... it will be interesting how it goes at the Nationals
Old 08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Yep.. NSW Australia.. Moorebank Raceway

Originally Posted by gtrmx
I think I have seen this track in Virtual RC...

Am I right?
That was the NEW layout, they are moving back to the OLD for Nationals later this year.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That was the NEW layout, they are moving back to the OLD for Nationals later this year.
Blis :

Are you racing at the Qld's this weekend? And if so what spec TM car are you running?

BB
Old 08-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Renault_Tech
what bearings exactly??
I'm using the Acer nitrate ceramic bearing kit and my Kyosho hexes
Old 08-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Unfortunately..

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Blis :

Are you racing at the Qld's this weekend? And if so what spec TM car are you running?

BB
Im really bummed about it, my eldest (Guy) drives the Nitro and Luke runs the E4.. Guy is away on Camp until Saturday afternoon and having only raced on the stand twice, my 47 laps is a bit off the speed. its not my year and my plans are set for Sydney Nats.

The track surface is aging, and small ruts need some shock absorption. I run turquoise fronts, purple rears (as a starter, can stiffen from there). I run G4/G4S and G4+ as race car with GRP's. 42F / 40R 2mm split. 60/62 then down to 59/61 as traction rises.

Had a good session with Jeremy Simons tuning the car as I drove that second race. It's hard getting good feedback from the boys. Moved front top arms rearwards (castor) as exit cornering was too aggressive and entry too lazy. 45deg on front sway and flat on the rears. low rolls center, top arms as low as possible and quite a lot of camber. Track is abrahsive so ideal camber can be dialed in after a few practice session, tyres will wear.

The 502x chassis' really works well at Brendale, can only imagine the 09.. We're mainly newbies though. Anthony Ling has been dialign in quite nicely and worked rear diffs oils in a previous post and said it improve.

16/51 21/46 gearing. Red shoe, red springs / ufo 2 / no weights. Get the 1st gear to wound to last into 2nd left corner you dont want push into that corner with a gear change or lose lots of time.

Stratus body works well, not much else really. It's allround high speed track, with fast corners and straights.Watch out for the bitumen patch into the sweep, come in tight and you'll miss it. Dont treat curbs lightly, they do bite sometimes.

h
Old 08-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default Tweak

On my RS08, I noticed that the chassis tweaks quite easily (even for a clean run). Is it a known issue or do I have something else going on? Any suggestions...

Thanks,
Old 08-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by WatchOut
On my RS08, I noticed that the chassis tweaks quite easily (even for a clean run). Is it a known issue or do I have something else going on? Any suggestions...

Thanks,
we can discuss it over here.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...ic-g4-741.html
Old 08-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bobby w.
Let me Know If you are headed to the Fort this weekend. I'd like to see how it handles. Happy to hear you liked the diff.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MHarrison
Bobby w.
Let me Know If you are headed to the Fort this weekend. I'd like to see how it handles. Happy to hear you liked the diff.
It's a nice car Mark
Old 08-05-2009, 05:38 AM
abi
Tech Adept

Default Bearing Q's

I have a question on bearings.

I prepped my kit bearings by washing them out in Kero then blow drying with compressed air followed by a cook-up on the stove in a pan of auto trans fluid (dont try this at home kids!).

I recon the bearing friction halved easy.

So what other options are there on the market, what about something lower in friction but with better protection? I like to blow my car down after each meet and then spray with Metho/water mix and blow down again but I think this is murder on bearings.

What are the fast guys using?

PS - The inner and outer wheel bearings as well as the diff support bearings are the same dimensions as G4S.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Correct me if im wrong but i think the best sort of bearings are the ceramic bearings. Like these ones here.

http://www.acerracing.com/ball_beari...it-1171-0.html
Old 08-05-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Renault_Tech
Correct me if im wrong but i think the best sort of bearings are the ceramic bearings. Like these ones here.

http://www.acerracing.com/ball_beari...it-1171-0.html
I'm using this!! and they will turn your car into a BULLET! along with some aluminum hexes
Old 08-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by abi
I have a question on bearings.

I prepped my kit bearings by washing them out in Kero then blow drying with compressed air followed by a cook-up on the stove in a pan of auto trans fluid (dont try this at home kids!).

I recon the bearing friction halved easy.

So what other options are there on the market, what about something lower in friction but with better protection? I like to blow my car down after each meet and then spray with Metho/water mix and blow down again but I think this is murder on bearings.

What are the fast guys using?

PS - The inner and outer wheel bearings as well as the diff support bearings are the same dimensions as G4S.

Wow, I think it is murder!! It will push dirt into your bearings, regardless of the kind of shield they have.

If you swept the heave grease out then you are better off removing the bearings after every race meet and cleaning them thoroughly. I am using a small vibrating pot I got at a local hobby shop years ago. I fill it with motor spray or contact cleaner (isopropil alcohol) and throw in all bearings after wiping off excess dirt with a rag. That shakes all dirt out and leaves bearings clean and ready for a few drops of synthethic oil.

In my experience it has proved convinient to have the original set plus another and swap them for cleaning. I always have a clean set of bearings to go into the car when pulling our dirty ones during car maintenance.

Once you removed that thick goop then your bearings have become high-maintenance...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.