Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 04:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: K Factory K14231 Anti-Roll Bar Set

Hey Folks,

I have just put on the Anti-Roll Bar set on the back of my G4RS 09.

Does anybody else have simular issues where the Bar Set is running very close to the Rear Belt? Is it ment to be this close???

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-27-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

not familiar with the team magic, but my suggestion is why dont you increase the lenght of the rods (the ones connect the lower wishbone to the blades). In this way you can create more angle and make some clearance for your belt.

Just my thought.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gfilos
not familiar with the team magic, but my suggestion is why dont you increase the lenght of the rods (the ones connect the lower wishbone to the blades). In this way you can create more angle and make some clearance for your belt.

Just my thought.
+1
Old 08-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default +2

Originally Posted by blis
+1
+2
Old 08-30-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by impalabob64
+2
+3
Old 08-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

+733
Old 09-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Back on topic!

I have adjusted the Bars and the Belt is now clear of the bar.

However! I have just ordered the Novarossi 353 Factory Tuned 09 as well as the Novarossi 51610-615 Pipe Set from my LHS in Canberra. Can't wait to get it on the track as the Novarossi engines I have seen have been extremely awesome!

Last edited by flynia; 09-02-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:28 PM
abi
Tech Adept

Good luck Flynia, looks like you and i are the only RS09 guys in the country now. These are a very good chassis with huge adjustment available, how would you describe your local track, high or low grip, fast and open or tight and technical?

Adrian
Old 09-03-2010, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abi
Good luck Flynia, looks like you and i are the only RS09 guys in the country now. These are a very good chassis with huge adjustment available, how would you describe your local track, high or low grip, fast and open or tight and technical?

Adrian
Adrian:

I thought MRGSR was back running 2009 G4RS?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Well back to racing

Our first FORGASS state series race here in Fla. starts next weekend at Homestead speedway an on fresh new asphalt,an the super long 300ft straight yes sir 300feet waiting for my MM RBM3 to get back from being serviced will be at the track early next sat will keep you guys updated i finished sixth overall last season would like make at least podium this season.

PS Will be posting setup info.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by abi

Adrian
I'd say that the local track we have is more tight and technical. I'd reckon that it is pretty low grip at this point as more people are interested in Off Road Nitro in Canberra.

I had my first race a few weeks back... only ran two heats but managed to place 3rd and 4th which I thought was pretty good! Can't wait to get the new engine and give the car a bit of a run

I'll post some pics when its ready!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:53 PM
abi
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Adrian:

I thought MRGSR was back running 2009 G4RS?

No, not any more. John is running the NT1 again. The two cars were close in performance however the Xray was more stable at Moorebank.

Actually, I couldnt resist, I bought his RS09 back off him so I,m back to 3 x RS09,s and 6 x TM's in total!

Adrian
Old 09-04-2010, 06:02 PM
abi
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flynia
I'd say that the local track we have is more tight and technical. I'd reckon that it is pretty low grip at this point as more people are interested in Off Road Nitro in Canberra.

I had my first race a few weeks back... only ran two heats but managed to place 3rd and 4th which I thought was pretty good! Can't wait to get the new engine and give the car a bit of a run

I'll post some pics when its ready!

That's good then Flynia, my track is tight with low grip also so setup direction should be similar.
I have found the shortest wheelbase helps the front to rear weight transfer on the low grip as well as helping the change of direction etc. Also running a higher ride ht of approx 7mm front 8mm rear is good and < 198mm track too. I run max low roll centre in the back and 1mm shims under the front upper inner wishbone mounts to also lower the front roll centre.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abi
No, not any more. John is running the NT1 again. The two cars were close in performance however the Xray was more stable at Moorebank.

Actually, I couldnt resist, I bought his RS09 back off him so I,m back to 3 x RS09,s and 6 x TM's in total!

Adrian
I see... Your getting closer to me by the sound of things Adrian

Did you end up doing the G4D mod to one of your existing G4's to run in the Pullstart class at all?

Cheers
Andrew
Old 09-05-2010, 07:29 AM
abi
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
I see... Your getting closer to me by the sound of things Adrian

Did you end up doing the G4D mod to one of your existing G4's to run in the Pullstart class at all?

Cheers
Andrew
Not yet, I see the parts listed on the 'RC Manufactory' site and will be placing a large order in the next couple of weeks so might add them. My concern is the damn thing is single speed so not sure if I will get pinged as a single speed will be a deal breaker if i am forced to run it. All i wish to do is add the longer shafts and related support items to my +EVO or G4S but any more than that and I think it would be deminishing the cars performance.

The other thing I'm thinking of is the 'Nitro Sport' class we run in our large events here, this class is for 'out of the box' pull starts like EDAM and Vone S3. I'd like a TM for this class but nothing will suit (to my knowledge). The G4D would be embarrasingly slow, I'd have to wear a bag on my head!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.