Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default On the way

Originally Posted by getpip
Hi all..

Has anyone found a LiFe rx pack that fits yet?

LiFe seems to be the way forward!

Thanks
Hey all i got in touch with Tory from Skyrockets batteries, they will be one of my Sponsors for the 200 mm Worlds . He will be making those Life packs for the G4RS 09 an for my M11 Radio also, so check Skyrocket batteries.com

Bobby Watson

PS I,m Going to the Worlds
Old 02-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Hey all i got in touch with Tory from Skyrockets batteries, they will be one of my Sponsors for the 200 mm Worlds . He will be making those Life packs for the G4RS 09 an for my M11 Radio also, so check Skyrocket batteries.com

Bobby Watson

Cheers Bobby I'll check em out...

By the way .... Are you going to the worlds?
Old 02-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by impalabob64

Bobby Watson

PSS you had better send me them bodies soon or you will be driving the CLEAR car @ the worlds my friend lol
Old 02-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
PSS you had better send me them bodies soon or you will be driving the CLEAR car @ the worlds my friend lol
Pete if Bobby forgets he will get a chance to use a lot of stickers
Old 02-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Centax set for G4 RS II

Hi there,

Could anyone tell me where I can find a full centax for G4 II?

I notice that only sell by parts ex: flywheell, Clutch Nut...

And the the kfactory centax for G4+ is compatible for the G4 II?

If I can´t find a full set for G4 II?

Thanks.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T.Senna
Hi there,

Could anyone tell me where I can find a full centax for G4 II?

I notice that only sell by parts ex: flywheell, Clutch Nut...

And the the kfactory centax for G4+ is compatible for the G4 II?

If I can´t find a full set for G4 II?

Thanks.
G4+ and G4RS08 clutches will fit the G4RS09. Most other parts won't. Just check that you can get the same pinions for the K-Factory clutch.

On a different note: We have just bought a new Shimo edition Kyosho RRR Evo, and it also came a brand new Kyosho designed flipper style clutch. The clutch proved to be useless as it would slip like all hell; no matter how little tension we put on the spring. There were no holes for extra weights in the flipper weights to make it grab more positively, and we ended up putting the same flipper weights between the pins; like a centax clutch, instead of pivoting on the pins. The result; the clutch works perfectly! Someone told me that this has also worked in some X-Rays that also use this clutch invention.

Perhaps this could be worth trying for those who are not happy with the G4RS09 clutch?

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Last edited by Chickentrader; 02-22-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

G4RS09 clutch works awesome

i use the standard clutch except i use the yellow shoe and the k-factory teflon flyweights, you can also use the sirio flyweights if they are easier to come by.

i set the adj nut to 0.6-1.0 depending on grip. .35 gap between shoe and bell and about .15 end play
Old 02-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
G4+ and G4RS08 clutches will fit the G4RS09. Most other parts won't. Just check that you can get the same pinions for the K-Factory clutch.

On a different note: We have just bought a new Shimo edition Kyosho RRR Evo, and it also came a brand new Kyosho designed flipper style clutch. The clutch proved to be useless as it would slip like all hell; no matter how little tension we put on the spring. There were no holes for extra weights in the flipper weights to make it grab more positively, and we ended up putting the same flipper weights between the pins; like a centax clutch, instead of pivoting on the pins. The result; the clutch works perfectly! Someone told me that this has also worked in some X-Rays that also use this clutch invention.

Perhaps this could be worth trying for those who are not happy with the G4RS09 clutch?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Lars:

Do you know if you use the RS08 clutch setup on the 2009 edition what clutch bell would you use... at a guess it would have to be 09 bell!

My girlfriend has claimed all my Team Magic gear and has her eye on my 2009 edition now... I made the mistake of letting her drive the G4JR running Luis setup and now the mini is collecting dust!

Thanks in advance
Andrew
Old 02-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr

i use the standard clutch except i use the yellow shoe and the k-factory teflon flyweights, you can also use the sirio flyweights if they are easier to come by.

i set the adj nut to 0.6-1.0 depending on grip. .35 gap between shoe and bell and about .15 end play
that's right the standard clutch with yellow shoe works great.
i'm looking to get the k factory lightweight flywheel and clutch bell
Old 02-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Lars:

Do you know if you use the RS08 clutch setup on the 2009 edition what clutch bell would you use... at a guess it would have to be 09 bell!

My girlfriend has claimed all my Team Magic gear and has her eye on my 2009 edition now... I made the mistake of letting her drive the G4JR running Luis setup and now the mini is collecting dust!

Thanks in advance
Andrew
I think that both clutch bells would work, but I'm not sure. Someone on this thread would probably know. To be sure use the clutch bell that the the clutch shoe is meant for.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Testing Completed

Well as you know i have been running the the full X-Ray clutch system in my G4RS 09,well another stroke (of im at home board lets try this) well i have found that the serpent 720 will work also,BUT you have to use the steel 1-piece pinions you know the $40 ones thats kinda hard to get.The pitch is a perfect match.The only thing i did was slot the holes on my engine so i could get the engine to slide back.Again this is what i do when i get the lets try this bug.The clutchbell from the 720 is the lightweight which is 25mm in size compared to the 28mm clutchbell from the 09.Just think of how much acceleration i have with this clutch system, with the bell being 25mm,Retarded.The 09 clutch is a great clutch system you know always got to try something.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH
that's right the standard clutch with yellow shoe works great.
i'm looking to get the k factory lightweight flywheel and clutch bell
+1
Old 02-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

I have to say I had trouble with the clutch when using the pivoting shoes. I shimmed, I adjusted, I changed springs... nothing worked...

I ended up cutting them down so that they floated between the pins (like the G4 clutch), after which it was great.

What do you guys get from the yellow shoe that you dont from the black?
Old 02-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by getpip
I have to say I had trouble with the clutch when using the pivoting shoes. I shimmed, I adjusted, I changed springs... nothing worked...

I ended up cutting them down so that they floated between the pins (like the G4 clutch), after which it was great.

What do you guys get from the yellow shoe that you dont from the black?
alot more grip
Old 02-26-2010, 04:46 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mrgsr

The K Factory parts on the clutch against the OEM on the kit are night and day.
I can say that the only way to go is yellow shoe and teflon flyweight with one weight. gap set to .40 mm

Have fun and keep tunning

ALG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.