Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hey

Originally Posted by grouchy
Does anyone know when the optional front lower suspension parts to raise the lower hinge pins be available?or is this another prototype like the forward engine mounts that were supposed to be available?
Heres what i tested at the Sedan Nationals ,you can use clutch shims ,kyosho sells them in 1mm,2mm,3mm sizes they will do the job,now on the forward motor, i have buddy the will be making me one to test,hope to have by the US open.Hope this gives some insight.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Red face Imapala..

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Heres what i tested at the Sedan Nationals ,you can use clutch shims ,kyosho sells them in 1mm,2mm,3mm sizes they will do the job,now on the forward motor, i have buddy the will be making me one to test,hope to have by the US open.Hope this gives some insight.
I was sitting here in Aus, Saturday 3am and I see your name appear on the results page and woudln't ya know it... the live system locks up on your race..

Just looked at the results.. not a great time on track I assume.. Thank heavens for round 4, the other rounds seemed like you had problems and that DJ driver is over 1 second faster compared the majority of the field.

Finals... a few long laps, is that due to the race timing system or something, blanks mean being lapped ? Or did you have problems? Flame out at the start too??

Couldnt see much of the track, what was the surface grip like, that sweep looked mighty fast... Springs? Tyre Combo?

Regardless, close racing in the B main well done..

h
Old 11-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Default Problems

Originally Posted by blis
I was sitting here in Aus, Saturday 3am and I see your name appear on the results page and woudln't ya know it... the live system locks up on your race..

Just looked at the results.. not a great time on track I assume.. Thank heavens for round 4, the other rounds seemed like you had problems and that DJ driver is over 1 second faster compared the majority of the field.

Finals... a few long laps, is that due to the race timing system or something, blanks mean being lapped ? Or did you have problems? Flame out at the start too??

Couldnt see much of the track, what was the surface grip like, that sweep looked mighty fast... Springs? Tyre Combo?

Regardless, close racing in the B main well done..

h
Boy let me tell you about problems,the blanks are when u have car problems first my car was destroyed ,so i did this race with a borrowed car, that i had really no time to find the right setup for my driving style,so i had to wing it, an i did it in the 4th round, with a used X-RayNt 1.My car was unrepairable bent chassie ,so i worked with what i had an to beat all the whole layout was changed so had to learn the car as best as i could .With all said an done i made the top 10 out 46 sedans in our points series.But when i had my G4RS 09 on the track it was dialed heres the setup i would have run
Front
Track Width-197mm
Rollbar-0
Solid Axle
Toe out-1.5
Camber L-2 R-2
Ride Height 5.5mm
Droop -2mm
Caster-3mm
Tire Twister -40 shore 59mm
Spring -Kyo Darkblue
Shock oil-Kyo-500wt
Piston 2hole 1.1mm
Ackermann -C
Rear
Track width -199mm
Rollbar-2.2
Diff 80,000
Toe 2.0mm
Chamber L -4.0 R-3.5
Ride Height-6mm
Droop 3.5
Tire Twister 42-61mm
Spring-Kyo DarkBlue
Shock oil- Kyo-500wt
Piston -2hole 1.1mm
Wheelbase 258mm
Body Stratus 3.1
Gearing 16/63-22/57
Engine Murnan RbM3
Header 5fin -Nova
Pipe-Nova 2630
Old 11-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default BLANKS LOL

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Boy let me tell you about problems,the blanks are when u have car problems first my car was destroyed ,so i did this race with a borrowed car, that i had really no time to find the right setup for my driving style,so i had to wing it, an i did it in the 4th round, with a used X-RayNt 1.My car was unrepairable bent chassie ,so i worked with what i had an to beat all the whole layout was changed so had to learn the car as best as i could .With all said an done i made the top 10 out 46 sedans in our points series.But when i had my G4RS 09 on the track it was dialed heres the setup i would have run
Front
Track Width-197mm
Rollbar-0
Solid Axle
Toe out-1.5
Camber L-2 R-2
Ride Height 5.5mm
Droop -2mm
Caster-3mm
Tire Twister -40 shore 59mm
Spring -Kyo Darkblue
Shock oil-Kyo-500wt
Piston 2hole 1.1mm
Ackermann -C
Rear
Track width -199mm
Rollbar-2.2
Diff 80,000
Toe 2.0mm
Chamber L -4.0 R-3.5
Ride Height-6mm
Droop 3.5
Tire Twister 42-61mm
Spring-Kyo DarkBlue
Shock oil- Kyo-500wt
Piston -2hole 1.1mm
Wheelbase 258mm
Body Stratus 3.1
Gearing 16/63-22/57
Engine Murnan RbM3
Header 5fin -Nova
Pipe-Nova 2630
LOL yea his mind was going blank
I never seen a car so wrecked he broke some crazy shit
and I never seen anybody switch raido gear from one car to another
that fast. but I still think BW was faster in his G4.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default rear adjustable sway bar

Hi,
Does any one knows if there will be an adjustable rear swar bar for this car?The stock sway bar rubs on the rear bulkhead alot and thiis tweaks the car.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Hi Grouchy i did see a read adjustable swaybar in the prototype photos

the stock bar is fine, yes it slightly rubs when its new but then frees up. if you are concerned you can get some fine sandpaper to clean around the bulkhead but its not needed.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Hi Grouchy i did see a read adjustable swaybar in the prototype photos

the stock bar is fine, yes it slightly rubs when its new but then frees up. if you are concerned you can get some fine sandpaper to clean around the bulkhead but its not needed.
thanks,but what about optional sway bars.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Post Black Friday!!!

Black Friday special starts 6AM November 20 2009 Only while supplies last!!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
LOL yea his mind was going blank
I never seen a car so wrecked he broke some crazy shit
and I never seen anybody switch raido gear from one car to another
that fast. but I still think BW was faster in his G4.
+1 Pete Bobby looked way better with his G4 but who knows if he had more time with the borrowed car
Old 11-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grouchy
thanks,but what about optional sway bars.
Hi Grouchy where are you located?

Im in sydney australia and our local distributor has most of the kfactory upgrades in stock.

visit www.nbhc.com.au

Im currently testing the front adjustable swaybar and next weekend ill be tetsing the thicker rear sway bar which is 2.4mm.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Default Teammagics R.Gilletti SM Trophy in Messina

Driving the G4RS 09 had well over a 2lap lead over the field,checkout Teammagic .com to read more ,also his setup is posted.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default Sways...

Hi Grouchy where are you located?

Im in sydney australia and our local distributor has most of the kfactory upgrades in stock.

visit www.nbhc.com.au

Im currently testing the front adjustable swaybar and next weekend ill be tetsing the thicker rear sway bar which is 2.4mm.
John, try something for me one day at Moorebank. Slam on the stiffest springs, lower height and reduce droop, 42-45 sh / 59-61mm and give me some feedback of what you think. The RS09 with it's wide arms and FLEX chassis should in theory be a much stiffer suspension setup, specially at Moorebank. (For Int'l racers - Moorebank has the silkiest smooth surface and curbs that are deliciously tempting!)

Ari should host a TM event there.. count me in if he does.... "The Mafia" Challenge!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
John, try something for me one day at Moorebank. Slam on the stiffest springs, lower height and reduce droop, 42-45 sh / 59-61mm and give me some feedback of what you think. The RS09 with it's wide arms and FLEX chassis should in theory be a much stiffer suspension setup, specially at Moorebank. (For Int'l racers - Moorebank has the silkiest smooth surface and curbs that are deliciously tempting!)

Ari should host a TM event there.. count me in if he does.... "The Mafia" Challenge!!!
Hey Harry.. with 42 45 it would like driving on an ice rink
we dont have the numbers on club day for that sort of grip

ive been running 37s all round with a 42 rear in the final. i have a list of things to try so i might try and do a test and tune day one day next week.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default cheers John..

ive been running 37s all round with a 42 rear in the final. i have a list of things to try so i might try and do a test and tune day one day next week.

Sorry I mean 42's or 45's... I was surprised how much grip we had even at the NSW when track was green. Aero really works well at Moorebank. Anyways.. just throwing ideas into the TM think tank.

h
Old 11-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Oops i meant 40s rear in the finals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.