Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Have not had the time to report on this, but I won the San Luis Potosi State Fair Race just this last weekend.

I did not have the best spring/oil combination because most people arrived on Saturday and I only made it to the last rounds of qualifying on Sunday with a wet track! Still made the A-main directly posting the 6th best time on the very last round once the track had dried.

From there I got a good jump start and passed three cars in the first lap. TQ and defending national champion had a battery problem and had to start the race a few laps late. So by the end of the first lap I was already second and stayed there for most of the race. 2nd on the grid took off and was simply faster all race long until his front belt let go. With 5 minutes in the 40 min long A-main to go I recovered the lost laps and lapped once. He still did not loose 2nd place drving carefully.

I had a tight battle for about 25 min with one of the drivers I passed as he managed to recover and got on my tail. He had also arrived on Saturday and had a much better setup. I really had to concentrate to keep him behind me. I was also on a different fuel strategy pitting every 5:45 min, compared to the rest of the cars at 5:00 min. By the 30 min mark I had almost lapped third place since my pitman refuelled faster than the other driver's and I had already refuelled once less! TQ never recovered from his late start.

I really feel that foul weather did not give me a chance to improve my setting, but I cannot complain, I guess!!

So a good pitman, good fuel strategy and a bit of luck gave me the win this time with three of the top five ranked drivers of the country in the field. I just had to stayed focused.

I do not have any pictures yet, but I will ask one of my friends for them...

Work load is very high and that has kept me from arriving on Saturday and also from reading/writing in the forum...

Last edited by gtrmx; 09-02-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

congradulations on the win gtrmx
Old 09-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks!!!

On a different subject here, my Kfactory hop-ups finally arrived!

Our "express" mail system really sucks!! It took the parts only two days to leave the US and about four weeks from the time the parts arrived into Mexico until they got to my door today!!! And the tracking system does not work here either. That is terrible!! Lesson learned... It is kind of strange because the last time it "only" took two weeks.

But I am happy I got the parts and hopefully work will allow me some time to put them on the car and try a few different settings.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Congrats on the win! Way to represent

Does your Kfactory hop-ups include a high grip clutch shoe by any chance?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PrimeAKF11
Congrats on the win! Way to represent

Does your Kfactory hop-ups include a high grip clutch shoe by any chance?
yup, they do!!

Although it will have to wait for the only high traction track in the country at Mexico City, so I cannot really comment on it yet...

Last edited by gtrmx; 09-02-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Awesome News GT

Well done GT, a win is a win and never easy to come by! Good job to pitman for "snapping em" in the lane!!!

Keep an eye on the Australian racing later this month...

From the Moorebank president..
Please understand that the numbers at this event are equal to that of a world championship, with the added complexities of having to run 3 classes not one.
This is BIG for Aussie racing...

Remember +10GMT
30 Sep - 5th Oct..

Class Number of Entries Confirmed
1:10 200mm ON ROAD 75
1:10 Pull Start Tourer 18
1:8 i.c. ON ROAD 40

Not many 09 magics, but the few in the field are in good hands. SPRacer + Jr, MrGSR and OLD69 to keep an eye on. We'll be using the G4+ and we are still noobs (<2 years) but hope to get closer to middle order, radio failure on lap 0 in 1/8th finals... we have unfinished business!!!

There should be live results and likely to have video feeds on the race week/end.

http://76.164.192.66/dnn/EventRegist...6/Default.aspx

h

PS: can you tell Im getting anxious!!?
Old 09-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Great job GT on the win. I got to try to get you here to florida
for the winter nats or a state race you would love it
Old 09-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gtrmx
Have not had the time to report on this, but I won the San Luis Potosi State Fair Race just this last weekend.

I did not have the best spring/oil combination because most people arrived on Saturday and I only made it to the last rounds of qualifying on Sunday with a wet track! Still made the A-main directly posting the 6th best time on the very last round once the track had dried.

From there I got a good jump start and passed three cars in the first lap. TQ and defending national champion had a battery problem and had to start the race a few laps late. So by the end of the first lap I was already second and stayed there for most of the race. 2nd on the grid took off and was simply faster all race long until his front belt let go. With 5 minutes in the 40 min long A-main to go I recovered the lost laps and lapped once. He still did not loose 2nd place drving carefully.

I had a tight battle for about 25 min with one of the drivers I passed as he managed to recover and got on my tail. He had also arrived on Saturday and had a much better setup. I really had to concentrate to keep him behind me. I was also on a different fuel strategy pitting every 5:45 min, compared to the rest of the cars at 5:00 min. By the 30 min mark I had almost lapped third place since my pitman refuelled faster than the other driver's and I had already refuelled once less! TQ never recovered from his late start.

I really feel that foul weather did not give me a chance to improve my setting, but I cannot complain, I guess!!

So a good pitman, good fuel strategy and a bit of luck gave me the win this time with three of the top five ranked drivers of the country in the field. I just had to stayed focused.

Work load is very high and that has kept me from arriving on Saturday and also from reading/writing in the forum...
congrats!... care to share your winning setup?
Old 09-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH
Great job GT on the win. I got to try to get you here to florida
for the winter nats or a state race you would love it
Hi Randy,

I went to the Winternats back in 2006. I even appear in the video and got a pit spot by DJ Apollaro. I did not even know who he was until I saw the guy driving!!

It was very cold weather that year...

Those rails are really intimidating. The back straight is not really straight but a continuation of the long sweeper on the left side of the track. It took a while for me to run it full-throttle.

The engines at sea level run so much faster than at our altitudes.

How did I do? Bad, bad, bad... I broke the car two or three times... I had two engines with me, pretty badly broken in... what can I say?? I sucked back then. Maybe I still do, but I have learned a great deal since then.

When I finally got the car to run, and avoided traction rolling, I managed to lap at the pace of some of the D main drivers but I never put a decent run together.

It was very difficult for me to adapt to the conditions. I think I could do much better in a second chance, with some help from the locals.

All in all, it was still a great experience. I would sure do it again, but I need to invest some money in my business and find ways to make it more efficient so it does not kill my hobby time...

Never say never...

Last edited by gtrmx; 09-02-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by katze
congrats!... care to share your winning setup?
I really do not mind sharing the setup, but like I mentioned before, it was not that fast.

Since I had no time to try different things I had to stick to my first race's setup back in Queretaro where car handled beautifully.

Track surface is sooo different in San Luis and the car felt like butter sliding down to the edge of your pancakes...

By gtrmx at 2009-08-06
Old 09-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks every one for your kind words!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blis
Well done GT, a win is a win and never easy to come by! Good job to pitman for "snapping em" in the lane!!!

Keep an eye on the Australian racing later this month...

From the Moorebank president..

This is BIG for Aussie racing...

Remember +10GMT
30 Sep - 5th Oct..

Class Number of Entries Confirmed
1:10 200mm ON ROAD 75
1:10 Pull Start Tourer 18
1:8 i.c. ON ROAD 40

Not many 09 magics, but the few in the field are in good hands. SPRacer + Jr, MrGSR and OLD69 to keep an eye on. We'll be using the G4+ and we are still noobs (<2 years) but hope to get closer to middle order, radio failure on lap 0 in 1/8th finals... we have unfinished business!!!

There should be live results and likely to have video feeds on the race week/end.

http://76.164.192.66/dnn/EventRegist...6/Default.aspx

h

PS: can you tell Im getting anxious!!?
Good luck!!! and above all, enjoy the race meet!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Australian rule updates - Air intake diameters at sea level

Hi Randy,

I went to the Winternats back in 2006. I even appear in the video and got a pit spot by DJ Apollaro. I did not even know who he was until I saw the guy driving!!

It was very cold weather that year...

Those rails are really intimidating. The back straight is not really straight but a continuation of the long sweeper on the left side of the track. It took a while for me to run it full-throttle.

The engines at sea level run so much faster than at our altitudes.

How did I do? Bad, bad, bad... I broke the car two or three times... I had two engines with me, pretty badly broken in... what can I say?? I sucked back then. Maybe I still do, but I have learned a great deal since then.

When I finally got the car to run, and avoided traction rolling, I managed to lap at the pace of some of the D main drivers but I never put a decent run together.

It was very difficult for me to adapt to the conditions. I think I could do much better in a second chance, with some help from the locals.

All in all, it was still a great experience. I would sure do it again, but I need to invest some money in my business and find ways to make it more efficient so it does not kill my hobby time...

Never say never...

Sea level - Our tracks - (As per AARCMCC) Australian rules have enforced the following:

The carburettor (ie, Air intake) size is to be a maximum diameter of 5.50mm, as measured directly above the spray bar or needle of the carburettor.

And while at the rules...

4.9.1 One opening may be made in the front windscreen with a maximum dimension of 60.0mm in any direction not intruding into the roof, bonnet or front pillars.

4.9.2 An additional opening of 50.0mm may be made above the fuel filler cap when viewed from above. Where this opening intrudes into the front windscreen the 60.0mm opening in 4.9.1 cannot be used.

For SP/Mr/Old/Batto...
Old 09-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Congratulations!!!

We are extremely happy!! good job and thank you for keeping us updated.

Sincerely
www.machinaria.com
Old 09-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Hi Guys

My setup from our recent queensland - brendale state championships has been uploaded to the team magic website . look for john germanos qld state championship setup.

link:

http://teammagic.com.tw/Download/G4%...N_GERMANOS.PDF

Last edited by mrgsr; 09-02-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: added link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.