Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Well, looks like I can't resist and will be picking up G4RS.

Being completely new to Team Magic, I have a few questions:

1 - what pinion and spur gears are standard with the G4RS?
2 - what shock and diff oils are standard with the G4RS?
3 - is there a stock setup sheet anywhere?
4 - do TM make shock and diff oils, or do most use other brands?
5 - are there any clutch options for the TM? stiffer clutch spring? harder shoe?
6 - are there any anti-roll bar options (ie, thicker bar)?
7 - is there a TM spring chart anywhere? What are the standard shock springs that come with the car?

Some of the questions have been answered for you, but let me add a few things...

I have been using Team Losi shock oil. They have a nice pack that includes oils from 40 to 100 wt, and I would add 30 wt to it.

You could also use Mugen from 400 to 1000. They use a different number for equivalent viscosity. I would not be sure of this, but I think 400 Mugen is close to 30 Team Losi. I would think that Losi oils would be easier to get to.

I think there is a harder clutch spring (purple) but looks like most have been using the included green. I'd add one setscrew on the far hole of each fly-weight to make for better engagement.

There is a new high grip clutch shoe, that is either coming soon or is already available. You can contact machinaria.com to see if they have those parts already. I have received nothing but good service from Anna.

I do not know about thicker or thinner sway bars yet, but I am sure they are in the works.

As for the springs, if you already have an assortment from Serpent, Mugen, Kyosho or Xray, stick to it and do not bother buying more springs.

Personally, I like the Serpent range and I would use yellow, red, blue and purple. I think white and orange are the lighter ones and would not use them.

I am not sure why, but looks like many drivers, including Dario Balestri, have a preference for non-TM springs, particularly front ones that most brands make shorter units and the coils are closer. I've read they feel more linear. Right now I am using rear purples from Serpent and front orange (1.8mm wire) from TM. Both are on the harder side. My track is fairly smooth. I am using 30 wt Team Losi shock oil to go with them.

Team Magic or K Factory make two sets of shock springs, but I only remember the old range. They are all the same height but differ in wire thickness. They go from 1.3mm to 1.9mm and they are color coded. You can find them all in one nice box, and they cost considerably less than Xray's or Mugen's.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by getpip
Hello Magic Men!

Does anyone know where I can find a roll out chart for the 09?

If not what sort of F/R split are you guys running?

TY all.
I went lazy and did not prepare a roll out chart.

I use between 2mm and 1mm split.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by getpip
Hello Magic Men!

Does anyone know where I can find a roll out chart for the 09?

If not what sort of F/R split are you guys running?

TY all.
Easy created at http://www.orrcaqld.org.au/rollout.html

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default TM springs

Originally Posted by gtrmx
Some of the questions have been answered for you, but let me add a few things...

I have been using Team Losi shock oil. They have a nice pack that includes oils from 40 to 100 wt, and I would add 30 wt to it.

You could also use Mugen from 400 to 1000. They use a different number for equivalent viscosity. I would not be sure of this, but I think 400 Mugen is close to 30 Team Losi. I would think that Losi oils would be easier to get to.

I think there is a harder clutch spring (purple) but looks like most have been using the included green. I'd add one setscrew on the far hole of each fly-weight to make for better engagement.

There is a new high grip clutch shoe, that is either coming soon or is already available. You can contact machinaria.com to see if they have those parts already. I have received nothing but good service from Anna.

I do not know about thicker or thinner sway bars yet, but I am sure they are in the works.

As for the springs, if you already have an assortment from Serpent, Mugen, Kyosho or Xray, stick to it and do not bother buying more springs.

Personally, I like the Serpent range and I would use yellow, red, blue and purple. I think white and orange are the lighter ones and would not use them.

I am not sure why, but looks like many drivers, including Dario Balestri, have a preference for non-TM springs, particularly front ones that most brands make shorter units and the coils are closer. I've read they feel more linear. Right now I am using rear purples from Serpent and front orange (1.8mm wire) from TM. Both are on the harder side. My track is fairly smooth. I am using 30 wt Team Losi shock oil to go with them.

Team Magic or K Factory make two sets of shock springs, but I only remember the old range. They are all the same height but differ in wire thickness. They go from 1.3mm to 1.9mm and they are color coded. You can find them all in one nice box, and they cost considerably less than Xray's or Mugen's.
Nova.. My usual setup is TM Turquoise FR / Purple Rear. Its a SOFT setup for the older bitumen we have at England Park (ripples). Moorebank however, I stiffened up to orange TM front and LightBlue rears due to the very smooth track surface and lack of need for "shock" absorption and would have even tried stiffer if I was testing.

As many mentioned, there's nothing special about the TM springs and seems the other brands might have more coils and differing lengths. With the longer arms of the 09, Im assuming it will run stiffer as the FLEX chassis and expanded geometry will absorb some of the shock. The guage of the TM springs may be the same but the metal itself feels stiffer and less malleable.

Standard TM springs:

Lime = 1.2mm
Purple=1.3mm
Pink=1.4mm
Blue=1.5mm
Turq=1.6mm
L-Blue=1.7mm
Orange=1.8mm
Smoke=1.9mm
Old 07-29-2009, 03:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default The missing Kebab Man

Originally Posted by gtrmx

Wow all this information for someone that probably wont even buy the car, and even if he does more than likely will on sell it before it hits the track, but say that Michael actually races the car it will only be once or mabe twice before something else lands in his pit bench. In the past 12 months ive seen Michael at the track 3 times and 2 of them he just came to say gidday.
And Bro listen to your voicemail I have returned your calls.
Thomae Coomee outt andd playyyeeeaaay.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickass
Wow all this information for someone that probably wont even buy the car, and even if he does more than likely will on sell it before it hits the track, but say that Michael actually races the car it will only be once or mabe twice before something else lands in his pit bench. In the past 12 months ive seen Michael at the track 3 times and 2 of them he just came to say gidday.
And Bro listen to your voicemail I have returned your calls.
Thomae Coomee outt andd playyyeeeaaay.
LOL!
Old 07-29-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default Dario setup sheet at Gubbio 2009

Hello all, you may download Dario's setup sheet from the recent race at Gubbio from our site http://www.machinaria.com/TEAM_MAGIC_G4II.html

Best regards
Anna
www.machinaria.com
Old 07-29-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default G-4 help

Can someone help me out with some info on a g-4 mongoose
Old 07-29-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ltrdude
If you post what you are looking for then they might be able to help.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default g-4 help

I'm sorry I should have said I was looking to see how old the car was and if parts are still availiable.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

I'm sorry I should have said I was looking to see how old the car was and if parts are still availiable.
you should check team magic g4 page, the g4rs09 is new model the g4 is prob over 5 years old , try wolfhobbies , machinaria.com, or rc mushroom i know that all this companies have all the parts for the g4rs2009 but i dont know about the old g4 maybe Ebay.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello!
It is my first nitro car.
What servos is better for using on the chassis?

Please recommend me good engine 0.12
Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crius
Hello!
It is my first nitro car.
What servos is better for using on the chassis?

Please recommend me good engine 0.12
I recommend either http://kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/pr...KOservo2367ics or this http://kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/pr...?prod=JRZ8800S
Old 07-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Easy created at http://www.orrcaqld.org.au/rollout.html

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Great link ... Thank you Lars.
Pip
Old 07-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

It is a G4 Evo that has a few K factory hop ups.
Based on the 502 platform.
Parts are still available easily from most of the well known HK suppliers. (Aswell as many LHS no doubt)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.