Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mettuchi
Getpip
i wonder where you know my name? Do i know you?
Anyway, Dario did the fastest lap all over the week, 15.950, i was talking about that.
cheers
Ah yes .. very true.

Yes you do know me... I crashed your car only only this afternoon.

If Im driving TM next year I need to keep up with developments!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You are right mate
as far as i know you will be driving TM asap.
I have checked the car after our testing at afternoon. All settings were f... up for some reason. I have been working on it, and it looks all ok now. I ll be practising on thursday late afternoon this week before the nationals. By the way, i forgot to ask you today. Can you give me the website for booking the nationals pls.
Cheers
Old 07-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mettuchi
You are right mate
as far as i know you will be driving TM asap.
I have checked the car after our testing at afternoon. All settings were f... up for some reason. I have been working on it, and it looks all ok now. I ll be practising on thursday late afternoon this week before the nationals. By the way, i forgot to ask you today. Can you give me the website for booking the nationals pls.
Cheers
http://www.brca.org/

Go to the 1/10 ic section download the entry form and email back.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lastsun
the problem with TM is that they come out with new model faster than their car can run on the track. they kill all their distributors and dealer all over the world with what they are doing. the car can be good but the sale management of the company need to wake up.

The problem with TM is that they still haven't clicked.

To make the car fast "worldwide" they ( the factory) need to support the distributors and hence help sponsor some good drivers to develop the product.....not to mention trying to stay loyal to their distributors, but that is a whole other paragraph.

Look at Xray, Serpent, Kyosho, Mugen - now Shepherd, Team Pursuit(edam) are starting to do the same .....want to play with the big boys? then pay attention to what they are doing...."team"

Other than Dario and the Italian team, who else anywhere in the world is even remotely close to their performance ? NOBODY......and I don't want to read about some 11 y.o. winning a B championship against ? (no insults or disrespect to anyone) - why?.....TM HAS NO TEAM COMMUNICATION.....best place (only place IMHO) for any TM speak is right here unfortunately.

Where on their website is Dario's setup for the 09 - nowhere
Where is Dario's report on the race meeting? - nowhere
Where are the pics of Dario's car on their website? - nowhere
Where is any mention of the testing of the new platform? - nowhere!!

But however, you can read about the RTR cup results in Brazil with 6 entrants.(again, no insults or disrespect to anyone)...please....

See my trend?......no information sharing....now go read through Xray's website.

Support means information - use their website to "communicate" the TM drivers all over the world....provide the importer with assistance ( parts?) to help the racer promote and develop the product and hence improve sales ..

TM has to realise that for the marque to gain respect and creedence, they must provide this SUPPORT, not just palm it off on the importer to take care of it....

Now I feel better

p.s. Aussie drivers - Brendan & I will be once again wearing the orange and grey! We are using the RS09 at the upcoming Nationals.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sp Racer

To make the car fast "worldwide" they ( the factory) need to support the distributors and hence help sponsor some good drivers to develop the product.....not to mention trying to stay loyal to their distributors, but that is a whole other paragraph.

Look at Xray, Serpent, Kyosho, Mugen - now Shepherd, Team Pursuit(edam) are starting to do the same .....want to play with the big boys? then pay attention to what they are doing...."team"

Other than Dario and the Italian team, who else anywhere in the world is even remotely close to their performance ? NOBODY......and I don't want to read about some 11 y.o. winning a B championship against ? (no insults or disrespect to anyone) - why?.....TM HAS NO TEAM COMMUNICATION.....best place (only place IMHO) for any TM speak is right here unfortunately.

But however, you can read about the RTR cup results in Brazil with 6 entrants.(again, no insults or disrespect to anyone)...please....

See my trend?......no information sharing....now go read through Xray's website.

Support means information - use their website to "communicate" the TM drivers all over the world....provide the importer with assistance ( parts?) to help the racer promote and develop the product and hence improve sales ..

TM has to realise that for the marque to gain respect and creedence, they must provide this SUPPORT, not just palm it off on the importer to take care of it....

Now I feel better

p.s. Aussie drivers - Brendan & I will be once again wearing the orange and grey! We are using the RS09 at the upcoming Nationals.
So, so very true Can't wait to see it in action on a great track with some good competition. So far to my knowledge Ari and yourselves are the only people driving the new 09 model at the nats with a possible couple of others still yet to decide.......Can't wait
Old 07-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default nods..

Originally Posted by Sp Racer

Now I feel better

Ari, he said he would be at Nats... Can you hang on to a 502x spur or two for me Luis? Been having a biatch of a time meshing the metal pinions and spurs seagulls and a fish n chips fest..

I totally agree that the support isnt there when you need it. How often are we mignions driving TM supporting each other, watching the KY & Mugs with ditributors and BAGS of spares to relieve the burden of having a complete set of spares ourselves.

Good to hear you are still grey and orange. (happy) Im still running to g4+ too much invested to change at the moment and more speed to achieve so all good here. Very concerned I will be left in the dark for parts at teh last minute.

Dont want to get a quick flight up to Brendale for the QLD's Luis/Brendan? there's free accom on offer at SloMtx's place?? Good crew on track, not too busy and should be a relaxed event.

My write up for RS09 was cut the shreds, put a huge amount of effort into it (analyzing pictures, referencing manuals), and after they got their hands on it, got told to take a rest (by a mignion at TM), feeling let down too. From the last Kfactory product releases it would seem that literacy isnt high on their list of priorities and Ive argued with them over the preceptual aspect of great cars being represented with poor write ups. Imagine the shock when I saw the new clutch after the write up was released.

So if communication is what you are after, the problem is they have insulted the translators that put their hand up (free) to improve it and on more than one occasion.

Anyway.. I feel better now too... Oh and why not... check PM

H
Old 07-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Here

Originally Posted by Erwin lewi
need spy shoot over balestri's car
http://events.redrc.net/wp-content/g...ritmg4ii-1.jpg
Old 07-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

What's problem with his car?
Old 07-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

wat i can say is that TM is just lucky they have Dario as their team driver. Dario is said to be 1 of the world best drivers in this generation. but you dun see TM perform in the IFMAR 1/10 world race. WHY? TM had more than 1 world class driver for the 2008 world race but how many make it to the semi-final? TM better hope they can still hold on to Dario when Motonica finalise their R&D for the 1/10 car.

may god bless TM..
Old 07-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Blis, Ill be running the G4RS 09 at the QLD titles. Ill be doing some testing during the week and at moorebank on sunday so lets see how it goes.

Car is all built only weighing 1670 with a thin lipo so trying to track down the TM battery pack to add some more weight in it.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Cool...

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Blis, Ill be running the G4RS 09 at the QLD titles. Ill be doing some testing during the week and at moorebank on sunday so lets see how it goes.

Car is all built only weighing 1670 with a thin lipo so trying to track down the TM battery pack to add some more weight in it.
Ive seen 5x AAA packs in the rectangular config from other vendors in hobby shops. I personally go to jaycar couple of times a year and buy the Powercell 1000mah's with tabs and make them up using an old servo lead. The first one I made still works well in my fun buggy. (Must consider Servo current draw too though.. I dont use hi perf throttle) So I dare to confirm as many others have probs with their 5xAAA lasting.There's always the option of using lead weights

I ran stiff springs on G4+ as the track was so smooth. Front Orange / rear Blue , Luis softened up with classis Turq/Purples, trying to find more speed. Spoke to him later, I think stiffer was a better option and ensure aero shell package is good. Best consider Luis' /Aris findings as we still over 1 second behind them and on the old chassis...constantly improving so all is good.

Looking forward to returning to Moorebank and coming home without a DNF.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Yeh ill be sticking in some lead weights but was hopefully trying to get more weight in it so i woudlnt have to use so many weights.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Yeh ill be sticking in some lead weights but was hopefully trying to get more weight in it so i woudlnt have to use so many weights.
John, i haven't seen the battery tray, but if it's like the nt1 (accessable from the bottom) get youself some 3mm thick brass and cut out a tray and then just clean up the edges with a light dremel with a sanding drum. you will get about 30grams this way, maybe more
Old 07-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

no battery tray its mounted under the top deck
Old 07-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gtrmx
Happy to report that the car is working great!!!!!!!! In all honestly, I have been to this track before and I never had such a great handling car!!!

I am happy to report that all my concerns regarding the rear diff are gone!!!

I have no leaks whatsoever. I left the diff alone just to see how it went, stress lines included, and despite my abuse, not one single drop of silicon oil squeezed out!!!

I did not want to rebuild and re-seal the diff as I felt track time was imperative. I now feel there is no need to use any other seal but the thin o-ring included in the kit. It is very difficult to say when to stop thightening, but in all justice to TM, the diffs are good and any false alarm from my side is user error.

How do I know when the diff is tight enough?? I'd say that as soon as you start seeing the slightest bowing or warping of the cover, then stop...

Track is fairly low traction, long back straight-away (I think I said this before, haha!!) but very very flat and smooth surface. That allows me to run a quite stiff setting...

While I have yet to fill out a setup sheet, I can advance a few details.

Front:

Track: 199mm
Toe: 0°
Antiroll: 90°
Diff fluid: 100k
Front camber: 1.5° left and right
Front ride height: 5.5mm
Front droop: 2mm
Caster: 2mm spacer at the back, rest of spacers at the front
Tires: 40 shore RB
Offset:0
Shock spring: Orange, TM
Shock fluid: 90 wt Losi
Tower mounting: mid position
Arm mounting: outside
Steering ball end position: outside
Roll center: no shims
Piston: Stock
Ackerman: A

Rear:

Track: 200mm
Toe: 2°
Antiroll: Wire, stock
Diff fluid: 10k
Camber: 2.75° right, 3.25° left (there are mostly right handers)
Ride height: 6.5mm
Droop: 4mm
Tires: 40 shore RB
Offset:0
Shock spring: Purple, Serpent
Shock fluid: 90 wt Losi
Tower mounting: lowest
Arm mounting: outside
Piston: Stock
Camber at tower: inside, upper (lowest roll center for low traction)
Camber at upright: no shims (again, lowest roll center)

Wheelbase: 258mm
Body: DNA Protoform, wing as far back as possible

Gear ratios 1st 17/62; 2nd 23/56 (long straights)
Clutch spring: green stock
Clutch shoe: stock
Clearance: .6mm
Engine: Novarossi 353 '09
Head Shim: .5mm
Plug: 7 cold
Fuel: Maxy's 40% (high altitude, about 1600 m)
Muffler: Skyline plus 2, outlaw (we are allowed to use outlaw pipes here)
Carb Dia: 5.4mm

I am getting nearly 6 min of run time.

I am running 90 wt Losi shock oil, front orange TM springs, which are fairly strong. I am using Serpent purple springs at the back.

To make up for the lack of grip, I am using 10k silicon in the back diff, 100k at the front diff, stock wheelbase,

I had a problem with the shocks, but please make no false alarm of this for the time being. In order to avoid wasting time, I went ahead and used some old TM shocks I had in my tool box, but with the new threaded shock shafts. Since the bodies of the new shocks are longer, I had to improvise and use Kyosho ball ends and cups to make up for the length difference and not have droop problems.

I like my front wheels to turn as parallel as possible, thus the A ackermen setting and outside hole on the steering knuckles, aggresive caster, as little rear toe as possible and neutral front toe. These are just my preference here and work very well at low traction.

My cars tend to be rather neutral at turn-in because I do not want to give up mid-corner and out-of-corner steering. 10k rear diff would cause on-power understeering in all but low traction conditions, but I lack no steering, on or off power. I am sure you understand that my conclusions cannot be absolute and do not apply to all tracks out there.

All in all, I had a blast today and I am really impressed with with the car's handling on its first outing for me!!

My RRR is sitting out for now and I am afraid it is going to end up at a corner for good!

So now I am back from my race weekend. Soar throat from all the shouting, sunburned despite using plenty of sun block, soar finger tips from all the hand-washing with Orange Clean, lacking sleep... perfect race weekend!!!

After changing my shock oil from 90 to 70 and then to 30 (Losi) I kept on finding a few tenths here and there. Also went back to 50k rear diff oil from 10k I had tried on saturday. I chenged tires from RB to Matrix and that also contributed to improvement. I ended up qualifying to the A-main on the last of seven direct positions. Rest of mains are also 7 driver groups and three bump-ups complete grids of ten on each main. Around 40 drivers total.

By the time the A main came I knew I had a competitive car!! After the first refueling stop I was already in 3rd place and working my way up to the leader!!!! Very unfortunately I used the wrong kind of filter oil and my Novarossi 353 09 kissed good bye after dust found its way into the engine...

So I ended up at 10th place after my DNF, but not all is lost for me because I recorded the fastest lap of the A-main after only 7 mins out of 40 into the race!!!

I was usually off-pace at this track (Queretaro) by .7 to 1 full second, back when using other cars.

I am not saying that the G4RS 09 simply made me gain .7 a lap out of the blue, but qualifying 7th and running the fastest A-main lap with .2 secs clear of the next fastest has to be extremely significant!!!

The car reacted to setup changes in a predictable and subtle form. Changing shock oils, wheelbase, tires, diff oil all produced a noticeable change, but the car was never rendered impossible to drive!! So little by little I got to a point that the car was dialed-in, just in time for the main!!

There is no turning back for me!! I will have to park my other car!!

Despite my DNF, I am absolutely happy with my G4RS 09!!! From the first laps I was already impressed with its handling!! It was the very first time I had put the car on a race track or on the ground for that matter.

I have to say I found a few issues here and there, but there was no one-way problems or even hint of it, at all!!! Just keep it lubed and there should be no issues. I changed to Kyosho shocks just to make quick changes as I suspect a problem with the seal of the stock TM shocks. Further testing is necessary here, though!

Hating to admit it, I also tested the car`s durabilty (not because I wanted it) while finding its limits!! Hit the wall at back straight at least 3 times during the weekend. I am sure those blows would have injured my Kyosho, but I happy to report that NOTHING broke! On friday, one pebble found its way into my rear diff and stripped the pulley. Nonetheless, the belt did not suffer at all!!

Now finally, I`m getting some decent sleep!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.