Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello,

I would insert with pleasure a front Diff. Which Pully I must use for it. In the manual I find no information.
If my bad English excuses please, I am from Germany.
Thank you for the help.

Greeting Olli
Old 02-02-2011, 04:46 AM
abi
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by frasny
Hello,

I would insert with pleasure a front Diff. Which Pully I must use for it. In the manual I find no information.
If my bad English excuses please, I am from Germany.
Thank you for the help.

Greeting Olli
Just use the standard spool pulley, you will need to delete the thin pulley backing used with the spool though.

Adrian
Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you

Greeting Olli
Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Shock ing confusion!

Hi all, I have taken all my shocks off to clean them and replace the oils and i didnt make a good note of what bits went where~

Two shocks have gold shafts (not sure if this was standard or an after market thing as mine was s/h)

Theres also the two different bottom spring retainer thingos

So which shocks go on the front and back ... gold front silver shaft on the back?

Also which spring retainer bottoms go where .... one lot are cone shapped the other flat with lots of holes.

Mate has the same car and did the same thing ... but he found he also has two different types of bladders in the shocks ... yet to check if mine is the same.

The different shock bottom spring holder thingos i remember was similar with the Kyosho V1rr ... if i remember right its so there is two different lengths ...(maybe so it can use the same height springs all round) with perhaps the shorter gap for the front because there is less weight ????

Any help would be appreciated~

Cheers~
Old 02-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Shocking!

Hey Nitro,

Here is the page from the G4RS 09 Manual. Hope it helps

Old 02-03-2011, 06:37 AM
abi
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitoriousRC
Hi all, I have taken all my shocks off to clean them and replace the oils and i didnt make a good note of what bits went where~

Two shocks have gold shafts (not sure if this was standard or an after market thing as mine was s/h)

So which shocks go on the front and back ... gold front silver shaft on the back?

Also which spring retainer bottoms go where .... one lot are cone shapped the other flat with lots of holes.

Mate has the same car and did the same thing ... but he found he also has two different types of bladders in the shocks ... yet to check if mine is the same.

The different shock bottom spring holder thingos i remember was similar with the Kyosho V1rr ... if i remember right its so there is two different lengths ...(maybe so it can use the same height springs all round) with perhaps the shorter gap for the front because there is less weight ????

Cheers~
These 09 cars have an issue with too little droop in the front, that is the shocks go into full extension befor the car reaches the desired front droop. I,m guessing the longer shafts go in the front shocks.

Adrian
Old 02-03-2011, 06:44 AM
abi
Tech Adept

Default Who recons the body posts should be moved?

I find the front posts are too far forward and the rear posts are too high.

Due to this my bodies tend to sit down on the rear shock tower and also the front posts are into the curve of the headlight area. Just did a Blitz Cruze body and found to be like this.

5th post is good being at the windscreen base.

Anyone else find this?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by abi
I find the front posts are too far forward and the rear posts are too high.

Due to this my bodies tend to sit down on the rear shock tower and also the front posts are into the curve of the headlight area. Just did a Blitz Cruze body and found to be like this.

5th post is good being at the windscreen base.

Anyone else find this?
+1
Old 02-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NitoriousRC

Cheers~
They sound like they may be mugen shocks?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flynia
Hey Nitro,

Here is the page from the G4RS 09 Manual. Hope it helps

I have the manual

It looks like these second hand cars have both been changed a lil bit so disregard my above mutterings lol.

Looks like the o-rings were replaced and titanium shafts added on a set on each ... and they dont appear to be leaking a bit like the others!

As for the body mounts .. yeah a bit too far forward at the front and also a bit too high at the back .... but at the back you can always remove the plates from the posts and replace with o'rings i guess.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:26 AM
abi
Tech Adept

Default TM 1/10th car proto at toy fair.

Wow, see related post here in the onroad sction, looks very un TM! Gone is the tradmark tank shape and lay-down throttle servo and also the Xray type steer servo orientation.

Looks like our 09 chassis's had a short life! The previous G4's carried on for years.

Oh well.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

New Team Magic coming on 1/10 ... anyone with more info ? :

cya !
Old 02-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tabushi
New Team Magic coming on 1/10 ... anyone with more info ? :

cya !
sorry but that car is the new mugen mtx-5
Old 02-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rocca30
sorry but that car is the new mugen mtx-5
What makes you say that?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Very close but the Mugen has a different tank and it has a laydown throttle servo. Check out post #299

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...tx-5-a-20.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.