hi

Old 06-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default hi

hi...i still new in this hobby but already have 1:10 scale brand tc3+ nitro...its very hard to control it 4 the beginners like me...need some advice frm expert in this hobby...
Old 06-16-2009, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kay_mietd
hi...i still new in this hobby but already have 1:10 scale brand tc3+ nitro...its very hard to control it 4 the beginners like me...need some advice frm expert in this hobby...
get one of the following cars

Kyosho RRR
Team Magic G4II or +EVO
Xray NT1

I dont own both of the following cars but I have driven them and they have very good characteristics

Serpent 720
Mugen MTX 4

All of the above cars will have better handling than your TC3
Old 06-16-2009, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hes just new man, dont make him jump into the deep end with a hi end pro tourer chassis! I bought a Kyosho FW06 which over time i have upgraded to a "FW06RR" haha and after 6 months am still learning the ins and outs of set up without having to worry about stuff like belt, one ways etc etc. Start of slow and work your way up with the guidance of people who have been doing it for a while. Dont get tips from a forum, sign up to a local track and go there. You will learn more there in one day that reading hundreds of people replies online.

Remember you have to learn to crawl before you walk.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The stock tires on the NTC3 suck. You almost need to run foam tires all the time, but if you are just racing on your local street, then find you a nice set of 30mm rubber tires and rims for the front and rear.
It takes some getting used to, but the best advice I was ever given when driving a 4WD on a loose surface is "steer with the throttle", meaning when you turn, turn while on the throttle, not on the brake. The front wheels will help carry the car in any direction you want o go. Its best to practice this in a nice big parking lot, that way if you get to heavy on the throttle you dont crash it into a curb. The NTC3 is an excellent entry car to learn with and can also be very competitive when you learn to race. I still race my six year old Ver 1 NTC3 up against XRays, Mugens and other "hot stuff" cars and do just fine..
Old 06-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

welcome to the club kay_mieted,
in a way, what aizenbelle suggested makes sense. when i first started nitro, i crash course using a prokit. i have to admit,its a bit hard on the pocket and mind bobbling in the beginning. when u reach 1 gallon, u'll be a pro with what u have. its not like we're going to be a beginner forever. just have know where u stand on the track and learn slowly. with guidance by pros on track,u'll learn quick too.

there's a pros and cons in everything, for now just play with what u have. learn how to handle the car,observe how it behave. dont be afraid to tackle the problem on the track, but be sensible. hobby is all about excitement, friendship etc. so enjoy
Old 06-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if your radio has it, turn down the steering end points and throttle end point until you get used to the steering.

limit the steering to turn about 60% max and the throttle like 75% and work from there.