Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
What major moddifications have you done to your NTC3 >

What major moddifications have you done to your NTC3

What major moddifications have you done to your NTC3

Old 01-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

For your own good post it in the ntc3 forum.You will get more replies of the type you are looking for !

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&goto=lastpost
Old 01-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah guys nobodys knocking your junk, besides belt cars suck to clean.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

...and NTC3's suck to fix. j/k

The best thing I have seen so far is to get the aluminum diff cases from RD Logics and rplace the RPM tie rod ends with captured ball ends from an 1/8 buggy. You can only do so much with the car but in the end you just have to learn to keep it off the walls...problem is the guy next to you hasn't so he drags you in as well. I really do think this is one of the fastest cars out there but it's about as durable as an egg.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

Dude, I knew you guys could be cool. Yeah, its a soft car, nut I am going to try my best to stay off the walls. Thanks for telling me about the NTC3 forum.

Later
Old 01-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

The RD diff cases are definatly needed for the Ntc3 because of the stripping out of the mounts. The only part I broke last summer was a shock tower. It did however go through a few cases. Fragile as an egg, I think not. It's just not for beginers.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ntc3 upgrades

The first thing that I would replace is the pos front bumper with one from Rpm.
Mine, I've replaced most everything fram the kit that I bought a year and a half ago. Hardcore racing- upper& lower chassis,diff side braces, ft. bumper brace, drive shaft brake disc. brake ,brake block input cup, center bulkhead , shock towers, and their titanium screw kit: k-factory- gas tank: rpm- front bumper: Lundsford- hinge pins, Cirrus metal gear ball bearing servo : Omega .12 engine : associated team- shock caps, tie rods, aluminum hex adaptors,rear exh. header, nonpull motor mounts, starterbox, rc10gt- 4 shoe flywheel. Yes, it just bolted right inplace of the 2- shoe
Building another one from scratch. rd logics chassis, shock towers, & diff cases so far. This one is going to be mainly red w/ some silver/titanium beings that the other is blue & titanium.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:28 AM

I never was able to get a set of RD diff cases to work. They were always too tight or too loose on brg crush, and stripped diff pinions. "The Fix"
cured all my shocktowers coming loose. Now, if I hit something hard enough, the tower will break and the diff case is ok. The RD cases are also too heavy, they are almost 2 oz. heavier than the stock cases.(1 oz. per case). Theres not alot stock on my car.
Don't mess around with all the chassis and upper decks out there, they are all basically the same. Buy the BMI chassis and be done with it! If money is an issue the GH chassis (or one like it), and the Hardcore upperdeck is a good compromise. But you'll have way over $100 in that deal, probably more like $125, and the BMI chassis is only $170 and its 100 grams lighter!
Old 01-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Dust: When I had my NTC3, I bought all the team associated factory options. The only thing that wasn't team associated on my car was the front gear case. I went for the RD logics and it helped me for a few races. There are alot of "hop-ups" for the car to give it that bling bling factor, but I think the best after market part is that gear case.

Does anybody know if they made a stronger front one-way ring gear yet ? I remember I was going through a bunch of these.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Roger, the Yokomo ring gears are the best, but u can only get them when you buy the Yokomo one-way. If you can find any of the old black AE ring gears, those are good too! Just stay away fromt he white delrin ones, or use tons of lube on them.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Instead of the RD aluminum gear cases just get the Warp speed cases that have the helicoil inserts. No more stripped out cases.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Default Mods NTC3

I put a k-factory fuel tank and radio tray on mine then I stuffed a sirio 18 in. Check ou my link for pictures of my ntc http://community.webshots.com/user/nitrohead100

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 01-04-2004 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:08 PM

Where can I get these Warp Speed diff cases? Thanks BB
Old 01-05-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Roger
Dust: When I had my NTC3, I bought all the team associated factory options. The only thing that wasn't team associated on my car was the front gear case. I went for the RD logics and it helped me for a few races. There are alot of "hop-ups" for the car to give it that bling bling factor, but I think the best after market part is that gear case.

Does anybody know if they made a stronger front one-way ring gear yet ? I remember I was going through a bunch of these.
Could I purchase the RD logic differential case via internet? Any web site for them? Thanks!
Old 01-05-2004, 04:58 AM

http://www.gasrccar.com/
Drop Lee an email on the cases he should have them
Old 01-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default my ntc3

its not fair to discredit the ntc3 or rag on a ntc3. all kits have there flaws ,look how many times barry baker has took home the gold,running a ntc3.granite the fix is a must for the front and rear shocktowers,and using set screws for the pillow balls helps also.
the car is still a fast car.my ntc3 with no fuel weighs 1735 grams,
i have golden horizons chassis ,carbon fiber upperdeck,kfactory front bumper brace (good idea).k factory low profile tank.i run a jr dz855o ( i think thats it) for steering and a hitec hs 525 mg for throttle.with a stock rb x .12 ,and the stock single chamber pipe

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.