Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EEL Monster
Having issues with ride height & the Serpent springs
The local club track is for these 200mm pro cars like Monaco is to F1. The clubs even approved Lola bodies to make the track navigable
Running yellow springs on the rear, but have trouble getting enough ride height out of the rear otherwise damp is good spring rate is good
Can't quite get the ride height I want but the springs adjusters are on they're max. The car decks out over a couple of bumps up the straight which is degrading the trailing edge of the chassis and screws
Do Serpent make Yellow springs in 27mm length, or is this all normal and a chassis is an item that gets replaced every year and the screws every few races?
Did set my best race time though
is your problem just at the rear ? you need to run the 27 springs on the rear, and if you already are, then try the longer shock ends. just make sure your shock doesnt bottom out with the longer ends.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Wa states run over the weekend. happy to report a TQ and BIG win with the 733. 37 lapper qualifier, and a 104 lap Final saw a 22 lap win. the 733 was faultless the way it drove, its consistancy on a VERY HiGH tyre wear track. the DLS i had concerns to run for 30 mins, but last few laps with no tyres left, was still hitting my average lap times. very big thakyou to Serpent for an awesome car, and Walter RC for their support with a very nice product.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Wa states run over the weekend. happy to report a TQ and BIG win with the 733. 37 lapper qualifier, and a 104 lap Final saw a 22 lap win. the 733 was faultless the way it drove, its consistancy on a VERY HiGH tyre wear track. the DLS i had concerns to run for 30 mins, but last few laps with no tyres left, was still hitting my average lap times. very big thakyou to Serpent for an awesome car, and Walter RC for their support with a very nice product.
congrats mate on the win,did you use the setup that you sent me or did you make any changes to it. try mounting the dls brackets on the lower arm to give you a similar set up to the 966 rear shock mount.also looking at trying to reverse the dls mounting position and the sway bar mount on the front of rear arm to see what affect it will have on the way the dls performs
Old 06-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andy733
congrats mate on the win,did you use the setup that you sent me or did you make any changes to it. try mounting the dls brackets on the lower arm to give you a similar set up to the 966 rear shock mount.also looking at trying to reverse the dls mounting position and the sway bar mount on the front of rear arm to see what affect it will have on the way the dls performs
same setup i sent you. but i tried 800cst in the front shocks. and left it like so. no reason to change, as it is planted so much. was like i still had a groove set in the track from last time.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

same setup i sent you. but i tried 800cst in the front shocks. and left it like so. no reason to change, as it is planted so much. was like i still had a groove set in the track from last time.
thanks for the info, will hopefully be running this weekend. have changed the set up slightly from the one you sent me( heavier front sway bar and springs) i'm also thinking of using L27 springs on the front as well at some stage
Old 06-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

please tell me a battery replacement for a serpent 733 nicdn,nihm or lipo thanks
Old 06-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawin2122
please tell me a battery replacement for a serpent 733 nicdn,nihm or lipo thanks
i use LiFe battery packs. easy and they last all day .

Andrew, harder front springs and front bar ? 2.5 front bar and i cant get any steering out of the car. i used 37F 40R to set my TQ was just as planted. i also use Xceed Foams for both tourer and 8th. there seems to be alot of varience in shores from brand to brand, i am very happy with the Xceed tyres.
car was just as good as last years last race , i also used a RS4 Blitz this time, same feel as the Cruizer, but i rekon a bit more corner speed with the RS4 .

after the race ended, i waited for all cars to go past on inlap, and for the life of me, could not get the car to spin up, so no Donuts for me at the end of the race. thats how much rear grip i have.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrats on the result Patto.
Must have been a good weekend to be driving a 733, I also managed to get up for a win at R2 of the QLD interclub held at the Sunshine Coast track. First time i've run there so pretty happy.....the car was awesome all day, very stable and easy to drive.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Chump
Congrats on the result Patto.
Must have been a good weekend to be driving a 733, I also managed to get up for a win at R2 of the QLD interclub held at the Sunshine Coast track. First time i've run there so pretty happy.....the car was awesome all day, very stable and easy to drive.
well done, its always a good weekend to drive a serpent.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

Is there such a thing as a 27mm YELLOW Serpent shock spring for the RCC shocks?
I can't find it on the web under any of the cars part listings or manuals

Part # anyone?
Old 06-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EEL Monster
Is there such a thing as a 27mm YELLOW Serpent shock spring for the RCC shocks?
I can't find it on the web under any of the cars part listings or manuals

Part # anyone?
new or old springs ?
Old 06-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

part number for new 27 yellow spring is #160321 rating is 2.8.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

i use LiFe battery packs. easy and they last all day .

Andrew, harder front springs and front bar ? 2.5 front bar and i cant get any steering out of the car. i used 37F 40R to set my TQ was just as planted. i also use Xceed Foams for both tourer and 8th. there seems to be alot of varience in shores from brand to brand, i am very happy with the Xceed tyres.
car was just as good as last years last race , i also used a RS4 Blitz this time, same feel as the Cruizer, but i rekon a bit more corner speed with the RS4 .

after the race ended, i waited for all cars to go past on inlap, and for the life of me, could not get the car to spin up, so no Donuts for me at the end of the race. thats how much rear grip i have.
using 2.5 but still using orange springs the only difference i can see is that using p37 body (seems to have more turn in on low speed but still lacking high speed turn in) will try Xceed rs4 insteed and may try p56 as well also have gone thru and rejigged rear end,so hope to see some results this weekend
Old 06-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the part # Patto!!!! I was looking everywhere for that
I hope Walter's have got it
Old 06-06-2011, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andy733
using 2.5 but still using orange springs the only difference i can see is that using p37 body (seems to have more turn in on low speed but still lacking high speed turn in) will try Xceed rs4 insteed and may try p56 as well also have gone thru and rejigged rear end,so hope to see some results this weekend
i ran the blitz RS4 . i could not get the front to turn in off the sweeper with the 2.5 bar. car rotates well with the spool when tapping the brake when needing to tightly turn, changes direction quick enough for me .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.