Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Kamikaze kits even comes with a set of tires, so why bother buying it from Hong Kong if your living in the states and the best deals are here in the US!"

Last edited by motojon; 12-04-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Tech Addict

ya but if it's the other parts of the world like asia, australia, etc...it might be cheaper to buy from HK.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motojon
Kamikaze kits even comes with a set of tires, so why bother buying it from Hong Kong if the best deals are here in the US!"
Some of us actually live outside of the USA you know..... If I was to shop at Kamikaze from Australia I would have to auction of my right ball on Ebay to pay for the freight.....
Old 12-04-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyle Hazell
Some of us actually live outside of the USA you know..... If I was to shop at Kamikaze from Australia I would have to auction of my right ball on Ebay to pay for the freight.....
Hope you still got ya left one for freight when you need more bumper plates
how ya been Kyle ? got some more laps under its belt ? since you sold the Motonica, you got the 966 yet ?

is there anyone left to say they have a special on right now ? AU ? NZ ? why not join in the specials frenzy !

Merry HO HO specials guys, ooops thats not allowed anymore. haha descriminating on the real deals.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Julius
Although rotating mass is best kept to a minimum, you must not forget that it is a combination of mass and it's distance from the rotation axis. As well as the speed it spins at.

For example getting rid of a few grams inside a hollow mid shaft is way less effective than getting rid of the same weight on the pulley of a diff.

This also holds true with lightweight wheel axles. It will more good because of unspring weight than it will help because of less rotating mass.

This is why the lightweight wheels are so good. They remove unsprung weight but also remove weight at a position far from the rotation axis.
What you are trying to explain to me is "moment of inertia". If we were calculating payloads on an ICBM then lets talk. However, this is just RC cars. Its best to keep the principles of physics simple.

Handling, reliability, and crash surviveability should be the main concerns here.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Shipping to OZ from either HK or US is just about the same distance. The difference is which shop will provide you better service after the sale. Chances are, it won't be HK.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
What you are trying to explain to me is "moment of inertia". If we were calculating payloads on an ICBM then lets talk. However, this is just RC cars. Its best to keep the principles of physics simple.

Handling, reliability, and crash surviveability should be the main concerns here.
Moment of inertia is as important in RC cars as anywhere else. It is actually one of the more simple principles of phisics.

However I agree (which was the reason for my post in the first place) that many search for grams in the wrong places. Reducing rotating mass is often overrated. Sacrificing durability for lightness is hardly ever worth it.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=YR4Dude;6677709]Shipping to OZ from either HK or US is just about the same distance. The difference is which shop will provide you better serv

Last edited by DS Motorsport; 12-04-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Shipping to OZ from either HK or US is just about the same distance. The difference is which shop will provide you better service after the sale. Chances are, it won't be HK.
So if that is actually correct, then why is the freight almost double from any of the US based shops?

Service from HK... Order Monday, pick up from receiving on my way out from the office on Thursday.... Not much to complain about really.....

Have you purchased much out of HK, or are you simply stating things without any facts?
Old 12-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So if that is actually correct, then why is the freight almost double from any of the US based shops?

Service from HK... Order Monday, pick up from receiving on my way out from the office on Thursday.... Not much to complain about really.....

Have you purchased much out of HK, or are you simply stating things without any facts?
He's talking about service after the purchase. If you need help with parts or anything else really, you call HK and are they gonna be able to help you? If you call Kamikaze he WILL help you, they have most parts in store.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
He's talking about service after the purchase. If you need help with parts or anything else really, you call HK and are they gonna be able to help you? If you call Kamikaze he WILL help you, they have most parts in store.
Yes they will help you.
I purchased a NT1 in HK and there were some parts missing.
The missing parts were shipped by ems.
For anything else most of us don't need service because we (at least I) know more as the shopkeepers.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default alu servo saver

found these on ebay in 733 stuff 9 of them left
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-bgj9smw-2k%7E%24-kgrhqih-d4eslikyhehblemfqcw1g%7E%7E_35.jpg  
Old 12-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Alu servo saver

I got mine in the mail today,Is of very good quality and not much heavier than the original,No more broken servo savers.
They are made by atomic.
Jamie
Old 12-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default servo saver

why are your servo saver parts broken? you need less motor hitting walls to fast!!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Yes they will help you.
I purchased a NT1 in HK and there were some parts missing.
The missing parts were shipped by ems.
For anything else most of us don't need service because we (at least I) know more as the shopkeepers.

Buyer beware of RCMART in HK. I purchased two Novarossi motors in June 2009 (~$800 for both motors). The RCMart's website showed they had them in stock, I paid for them and my credit card was charged. I got an Email from them two days later saying the motors were in backorder and it would take 6 weeks to get them. I cancelled the order since I needed the motors for the nats. RC MART would not refund my credit card, they wanted to give me store credit instead long story short, I got my refund 12 weeks later but only after several Emails and being forced to file a claim with my credit card company because of lack of action from RC Mart ....I will NEVER, EVER buy again from RC MART.

Last edited by Erchur; 12-06-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.