Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring >

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Old 07-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR
found it!!!!
I think some of those numbers are not right, from what I fount in the manuals and in the Serpent site.

I have found the following:

Brake: 20T
Reaf Diff: 40T
Main Axis side: 21T
Middle axis side: 21T (almost sure)
Middle axis internal: 18T (not sure)
Front Axis: 35T

If those numbers are correct, split is 1,7mm for 60mm rear tires.
Can someone confirm?
Old 07-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

The information posted earlier by Serpent America was a mistake. The info is correct with the last post.

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

Am stoked to have completed building the 733. All went well, despite that fact that this is my nitro car comeback after leaving it about 7 years ago with the Impulse, Impact, Vector & Veteq.

I've only got one gripe. I simply cannot believe that the rear wheel axle (1 side) snapped right at the threads. Now i dont think that i may have overtorqued it as i was not using a cross wrench and i know how to torque (i build Aircrafts too (Heli's and Planes). Thank goodness, apparently this part has been common even since the Impulse, 710, 720 and now the 733 (ser-801215). I can imagine, that this being a new release, parts are pretty tough at least until a couple of weeks!

I dont know if this has to do with early release, version 1 product, but if i look back at my VETEQ manual, which i still have , there is much more information available with detailed descriptions and also a setup book, like what you get with xray's (those are fantastic) which is currently missing on the 733.

Well at least i got the stickers in the box, which i can see that some of you guys didn't get! I guess they are improving it along the line.

What are your thoughts on the wheel axle? I know its spring steel, but snapped even before it saw some track time? Have anyone had any experience of it snapping before? What likely caused it? Cos now i'm concerned that if its to do with torqueing, then i applied similar to the other drive sections and may risk some metallurgical damage already! Should i start ordering the rear and fronts as precaution? I hate the idea of down time, once i hit the track especially without spares in hand yet.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by yellow_grey
Am stoked to have completed building the 733. All went well, despite that fact that this is my nitro car comeback after leaving it about 7 years ago with the Impulse, Impact, Vector & Veteq.

I've only got one gripe. I simply cannot believe that the rear wheel axle (1 side) snapped right at the threads. Now i dont think that i may have overtorqued it as i was not using a cross wrench and i know how to torque (i build Aircrafts too (Heli's and Planes). Thank goodness, apparently this part has been common even since the Impulse, 710, 720 and now the 733 (ser-801215). I can imagine, that this being a new release, parts are pretty tough at least until a couple of weeks!

I dont know if this has to do with early release, version 1 product, but if i look back at my VETEQ manual, which i still have , there is much more information available with detailed descriptions and also a setup book, like what you get with xray's (those are fantastic) which is currently missing on the 733.

Well at least i got the stickers in the box, which i can see that some of you guys didn't get! I guess they are improving it along the line.

What are your thoughts on the wheel axle? I know its spring steel, but snapped even before it saw some track time? Have anyone had any experience of it snapping before? What likely caused it? Cos now i'm concerned that if its to do with torqueing, then i applied similar to the other drive sections and may risk some metallurgical damage already! Should i start ordering the rear and fronts as precaution? I hate the idea of down time, once i hit the track especially without spares in hand yet.
YOU GOT STICKERS???? LUCKY! lol

I agree with you on the manual and missing set up book. I used DJ's set up (posted earlier) and work great for me! I was almost doing the same lap times as my 720! very easy to drive.

It's strange what happened with the wheel axle I've never had that problem before.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

here is a quick file made in corel draw, just the numbers at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-733.jpg  
Old 07-31-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Erchur
Pattojnr,

Yes, the 733 number will do since I can use the text from the Serpent 720 logo (not the same , but it will do for the time being). Just trying to save some computer time as I as planning on creating it from scratch.

I have the snake logo in Corel format. send me a PM if you are interested in this file.

Erchur
the .cdr file is ready for you. cheers, Patto.....
Old 07-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Serpent 733

Here is the Set-up I wound start with in the US:

Front
120,000-150,000 oil for the diff (lighter on low bite tracks)
-1 droop
middle roll center position
car long
3mm caster in front of arm
5.5mm ride height
blue spring layed down
2 hole piston
40wt oil
.5 toe out on each side
1.5 camber
stock sway bar
ackerman in back position and wide

Rear
40,000-50,000 oil for the diff (lighter on low bite tracks)
3 droop
lowest roll center position on bottom pins
car long
camber link inner and 2nd position from bottom
2mm under link on outer position
6mm of ride height
red springs in second position (orange in 3rd postion if low bite)
3 hole piston
40wt oil
3 toe in on each side
3 camber and 3.5 on outside tire
stock sway bar, I used 2.3, as track was green

Hope this helps and if I forgot something just ask. I will try to answer questions as fast as possible, but I am pretty busy with work at the moment. Also remember this was the first outting (In the US) with the car, so things may still change for me. If they do I will update the posted information.

Have fun with the new 733,

DJ Apolaro[/QUOTE]

Hey Dj,
what tire shore were you running with this setup?
Old 07-31-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

I think is used 37 all around, as the track was green. I also am now using the long normal springs in the rear. Not changing anything with the shock, just the spring.

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
here is a quick file made in corel draw, just the numbers at the moment.
patto save a set of then EEL
stickers for my slime green stratusthanks mate
Old 07-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

I still do not have sticker............ Hopefully mine come this week with my spare stuff for the car.

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

YOU GOT STICKERS???? LUCKY! lol

I agree with you on the manual and missing set up book. I used DJ's set up (posted earlier) and work great for me! I was almost doing the same lap times as my 720! very easy to drive.

It's strange what happened with the wheel axle I've never had that problem before.
all car is had 733 decal !
Old 07-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by grub
patto save a set of then EEL
stickers for my slime green stratusthanks mate
Hk same said EEL & qqb
Old 07-31-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
all car is had 733 decal !
Not mine! just manual! I already order decals and spares should be in next week!
Old 07-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Not mine! just manual! I already order decals and spares should be in next week!
why don't contact your dealer ?
Old 07-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
why don't contact your dealer ?
I will maybe they wont charge me for them. That would be nice!!! they are only like 6 bucks anyway...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.