Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

DLS is great works a treat although you have to remember you have to setup your car totally different than the car without the DLS but for me the DLS worked great.

BUT!!!!!!!

My 733 is totally on rails and is very hard to beat at my home track although i can't finish a 30min final

This has gone on for months and months i have tried everything i can think of re shimming the gears new car complete new kit different gear ratios different type bell's on the clutch but the gears strip about 20min run time this is just not up to par with any other car out there if my car can be so quick and i mean lap record quick but i can't finish a final how can i continue to compete with this car what start doing gear changes in long finals????

So i guess my question is has anyone else had the issues of stripping gears on the SL6 gearbox and the standard tried both for 12 months now and continue to have the same prob some gears might last 1 hour max thats it am i the only one???????
Old 12-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aza088

This has gone on for months and months i have tried everything i can think of re shimming the gears new car complete new kit different gear ratios different type bell's on the clutch but the gears strip about 20min run time this is just not up to par with any other car out there if my car can be so quick and i mean lap record quick but i can't finish a final how can i continue to compete with this car what start doing gear changes in long finals????

So i guess my question is has anyone else had the issues of stripping gears on the SL6 gearbox and the standard tried both for 12 months now and continue to have the same prob some gears might last 1 hour max thats it am i the only one???????
I had a gear problem like yours before. Went thru every possible cause and nothing stopped the gear stripping. My problem was weird because I only stripped 2nd gear. I found that my clutch was over heating enough to heat up the pinion and then it would soften the spur and it would strip. adjusted the clutch and never had a problem after that. Might be worth checking since it only does it after a long runs.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

DLS is great works a treat although you have to remember you have to setup your car totally different than the car without the DLS but for me the DLS worked great.

BUT!!!!!!!

My 733 is totally on rails and is very hard to beat at my home track although i can't finish a 30min final

That's a shame. Based on what you described I would go with Quitestorm suggestions. It seems your dealing with a heat issue. When you strip gears based on time I would say you are gradually heating the spurs up. I would start checking your clutchbell temps after qualifing or anything that would cause your clutchbell to heat-up.
The only time I stripped gears was from a bent chassis. My gears would strip during warm-up. The clutch barely had time to warm up when I had this issue.

Pass you soon...
Old 12-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys.
Ill check my clutch temps and have a play and see what i come up with ill let you know what i find
Old 12-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

BUT!!!!!!!

Hey Aza,

I took a picture of your pit bench after racing today. All good fun.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-aza-gears.jpg  
Old 12-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Try a capricorn clutch and gearbox ???
Old 12-19-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Snowy
Hey Aza,

I took a picture of your pit bench after racing today. All good fun.
they look all to familiar Snowy. that takes me back a long time.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi!

wtf is wrong with this gears???

I wait for 733 te, but now I don't know what to think ...

regards!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi!

regards!
im thinking the same thing. if that's what i have to look forward to when buying my serpent 733, i may just have to go mugen or cap. Which really sucks cuz im really digging that DLS setup.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

That is an ugly site. But on the other hand; I went thru an entire season without one stripped gear. Go figure....

Pass you soon...

Last edited by lil-bump; 12-19-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi!

regards!
well i have the new TE and i have run it for a total of 6 quals and 2 mains and im still running the same gears that came with the kit. i think that alot of the guys who are having issues with the gears just need to check the clutch settings and the 2speed shoes make sure that the settings are correct because this will cause alot of issues. This car is a great car its fast and very reliable, ill post my clutch setting in a bit cause i have never had an issues.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I never had that happen! A full season and a half and tons of practice time without a stripped gear.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Never stripped a gear last season.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Same here, no gear stripping problems. Only stripped one since car was released, but that was due to the one way bearing going bad.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Super!
m

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.