Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring >

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Old 07-10-2010, 11:33 AM
ast
Tech Initiate

what difference does the ackerman postion make ?

thanks
Old 07-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default NT1 bumper

Will this be bullet proof for 733 front end?
I fitted NT1 top bumper, foam bumper and bottom bumper.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-733_nt1_top.jpg   Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-733_nt1_under.jpg  
Old 07-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jca2000au
Will this be bullet proof for 733 front end?
I fitted NT1 top bumper, foam bumper and bottom bumper.
looks much better. does it change the mounting holes much for the body posts ? i have about 4 bodies cut out already but looks stronger. ill see what i got here, see if it fits, if it does, then i rekon you could break a tank with it
Old 07-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ast
what difference does the ackerman postion make ?

thanks
changes the way the car enters and exits the corner, and how much the inside wheel scrubs out.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Pattojnr for the advice.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pushing

Hi guys, serpent driver in need of assistance.

Off Power Push. (high grip track "sprayed") High and low speed push. Now it's a really bad push. I am unable to maintain a working line without using up more track than what is available.

No problems with rear end stability.

How do I rectify? Just looking for basics (I know how hard it is without providing a setup sheet) I will try to give the core dimensions for how I am configured.

Drive Train: Front Diff 100,000cst - Rear Diff 40,000cst
Shock: Front Blue 1000cst 3 hole - Rear Red 1000cst 4 hole
Antiroll: Stock
Tires: Matrix Front 37 - Rear 40
Roll Center: Front "center" - Rear "low"
Shock Mount: Front 1hole from bottom - Rear Layed Out
Droop: Front 0 - Rear -3
Camber: Front 2 - Rear 3.7ish
Caster: Front 4mm (spacers) - Rear stock
Toe: Front -1 - Rear +3
Ride Height: 5.5 all the way around

My first impression is to stiffen the rear and move to a 1 hole piston and thicker fluid plus moving to a softer front, something like a 4 hole and 800cst oil. There are no other 733's that I am aware of running here on a regular basis. I know they run well when they are here, just not many of them around.

Any help you can provide would once again be most helpful. As it is, the car is nerve racking to drive because she is a magnet to the walls.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i had same problem and after i moved the rear lower arm from low roll center to middle the car was rotating a lot better and the rear end stop pushing the front like a bad out of hell.. try it and u will be good to go.. u might actually half to take some steering out..
Old 07-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kampfer2010

Off Power Push. (high grip track "sprayed") High and low speed push. Now it's a really bad push. I am unable to maintain a working line without using up more track than what is available.

How do I rectify? Just looking for basics (I know how hard it is without providing a setup sheet) I will try to give the core dimensions for how I am configured.

My first impression is to stiffen the rear and move to a 1 hole piston and thicker fluid plus moving to a softer front, something like a 4 hole and 800cst oil. There are no other 733's that I am aware of running here on a regular basis. I know they run well when they are here, just not many of them around.

Any help you can provide would once again be most helpful. As it is, the car is nerve racking to drive because she is a magnet to the walls.
Have you tried a different body? A change in body and/or wing position can resolve this. I had the same issue in a Protoform RS-N body, switching to the Xceed Audi and a minor tweak on the wing position quickly solved it (with nothing touched on setup)
Old 07-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

You can try,

Less caster
heavier rear diff (if you are really planed)
softer front tire
less angle on the rear camber link, also a shorter link is possible

Just some ideas, Need the entire set-up to really help out. Also are the 180 turns or sweeping arch like turns???

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What about your Dual Rate? Are you getting full throw left to right? Servo saver tight enough?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Hey dj its lance see you are still giving good advice,I'm out in cali now I may get back in RC going to check out the tracks this weekend
Old 07-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

With your setup, I would first try less rear toe. I run 1° on mine. Also, try less rear droop.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

id agree with dj here. low grip track, 60k in rear diff works for me. a high grip prepped track, id try even 80 k cst.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lance dietrich
Hey dj its lance see you are still giving good advice,I'm out in cali now I may get back in RC going to check out the tracks this weekend
What are you doing in Cali???? Thats a long bike ride

Are you living there. I still have your number or did it change?

Later,

DJ
Old 07-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW!!! Thanks for all the help guys. What a great community.

Its the low speed 180's that are killing me.

So, here is what I'll do:

1) Change to an Altis 2.0 (honestly, all my issues are low speed so I never gave the body type any priority)
2) Put in the spare 80k diff in the rear and change the current 30k over to 60k for the spare
3) Change to 35's in the front
4) 3mm spacers camber in the front
5) inspect the servo saver (travel is not set to "full throw" as the car tends to bounce the inside wheel at that setting) I have only messed with dual rates in aircraft. My servo travel speed is linear to the directional velocity of the radio wheel.
6) 2.5 tow in the rear

So in reference to my original post, was changing the internal shock settings a bad idea? I dont run around with spare shocks so if I make the mistake of using the incorrect settings, it would cost me a great deal of time to rectify on race day.

Thanks again guys, for all the help you have provided in this and previous posts.

Dan
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
733 - Kampfer.pdf (341.4 KB, 193 views)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.