Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Noooob
...a little leakage in one of my diffs as well...brand new.

I`m trying to find the Orange Serpent colour (limited stock of paint in the shops here in Norway).
I`v bought 5 different ones, and they all are awful.

Can anybody guide me to the correct colour.....

Best Regards
Noooob
not sure if this is the colour your after, i will look at the bottle in the morning for you, it is Faskolor paint, not sure if you use this ? but here is a sample, Cheers, Patto.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-robs-720.jpg  
Old 06-25-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi!
Looks to be quite similar to the colour on the logo on Serpent homepage.
Have not seen Faskolor in any of the shops in Norway.
But as I said, the stock in the shops are very limited.

Thanx!

Best Regards
Noooob
Old 06-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I`m trying to find the Orange Serpent colour (limited stock of paint in the shops here in Norway).

Best Regards
Noooob
Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i never used a diff long enough to notice any alignment problems. i did notice some with a car here at the WA states. was a lack of use of the plastic spacers between diff and bearings. a spool is a nice fit and guides the belt better. with the diffs, i really think its the design that catches people out.
when assembling them, diff fluid gets in the tubes where the screws go, and fills them up, and when the cases compress, if you have the pulley on it, a fair bit of diff fluid gets caught up. i really think its a weapage of the diff fluid coming out around the screws, and leaks down to the joint if left sitting for a while in one spot. i have used sealant on the diff o ring, and i try to clean out the pulley screw side of oil, as i think it compresses so much and stresses the plastic tubes as well when fitting the remaining screws for the pulley. Just my thaughts , regards, Patto.
Thanks guy's, will try to take more notice next time i have stripped and rebuilt the diff using sealant and so far no leaks. i did have one leak whilst i was looking at it before i put it in the car. Cheers
Old 06-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

IMG_0983.JPG
pic didn't come through
Old 06-26-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Best Regards
Noooob
I use the tamiya fluor orange. As does a certain M Salven. So that might be he "official" Serpent orange
Old 06-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike 78
Thanks guy's, will try to take more notice next time i have stripped and rebuilt the diff using sealant and so far no leaks. i did have one leak whilst i was looking at it before i put it in the car. Cheers
One thing i done that has helped me with leaking diffs is making sure that there is no excess flashing of plastic at the end of the tubes that the screws go into. i found they were slightly uneven on my diffs which caused the diff housings to not seal against eachother properly when tightened. i carefully dremelled a small amount of excess flashing from the end of the tubes and since doing this my diffs have not leaked at all.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Though not practical but I was thinking if serpent could make a metal diff casing? What u guys think? Would be a nice piece of machining
Old 06-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

To make sure ur diffs don't leak be sure the screws don't touch because the screws will push the housings apart if they are too long.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by spurgear
Though not practical but I was thinking if serpent could make a metal diff casing? What u guys think? Would be a nice piece of machining
Yes.. i agreed... one time investment too. i don't like leaking here & there. To ensure that, i always changed the diff casing and gasket when i replace the diff oil.

Regards
Old 06-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team-RTR
One thing i done that has helped me with leaking diffs is making sure that there is no excess flashing of plastic at the end of the tubes that the screws go into. i found they were slightly uneven on my diffs which caused the diff housings to not seal against eachother properly when tightened. i carefully dremelled a small amount of excess flashing from the end of the tubes and since doing this my diffs have not leaked at all.
Originally Posted by spurgear
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
To make sure ur diffs don't leak be sure the screws don't touch because the screws will push the housings apart if they are too long.

Thanks for the help guys looks like i'm on top of it now.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanx for helping.
Ass. colours are now orderer.
Great forum!

Best Regards
Noooob
Old 06-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Default need battery

hey guys,

I bought a used 733 and it did not have the battery. Anyone know where i can order one. I tried looking on serpent's website but i can't find one.

thanks
Old 06-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wap
hey guys,

I bought a used 733 and it did not have the battery. Anyone know where i can order one. I tried looking on serpent's website but i can't find one.

thanks
Any standard 5 cell NiMh, Life or LiOn battery. Same batteries that fit the Mugen, Kyosho, Xray....

AMain, RCmushroom, ebay, etc, etc everyone sells them.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Regarding the leaking diffs, for $5US a diff housing, I just replace them every 2 or 3 meets.

You need to be very careful not to over-tighten the diffs as this deforms the rubber gasket which causes the leaks.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Default battery

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.