Tech Adept

Thanks for the info !

Greetz,

Christoph
Old 05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Julius
Unfortunately there are no 733 adapters.
I used the 720 ones and modified them to fit the 733.
That is what everybody does, a simple modification and it works great!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately there are no 733 adapters.
I used the 720 ones and modified them to fit the 733.
Hi Julius,

I saw that you are using the Xceed LiPo regulator.
Would you know if this thing is drawing current from the battery when connected?

Unfortunately, there is no information about this piece to be found anywhere.

I run a different regulator in my son's 966 and it draws 8mA when connected, so you have to disconnect the battery between races, or it will deep discharge it eventually.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by serpvect
One says Xceed titanium screw set saves about 100g.
it saves only 30g! does not worth it.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stefan
Hi Julius,

Would you know if this thing is drawing current from the battery when connected?

I run a different regulator in my son's 966 and it draws 8mA when connected, so you have to disconnect the battery between races, or it will deep discharge it eventually.

Thanks
Stefan:

YEs it does, I had once that my pitman didn't disconected the battery from the regulator and it damaged the battery.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Hi Julius,

Thanks
Hi Stefan,

If you leave a battery connected to the RX without regulator it will also discharge so I don't really see the issue.
However in addition to the regulator I also use a switch. After distroying a Lipo I have learnt to put the switch in the cable before the regulator

Now I leave the battery connected but just make sure the switch is off...
With a small RX the regulator nicely fits inside the RX box together with the switch.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Stefan,

If you leave a battery connected to the RX without regulator it will also discharge so I don't really see the issue.
However in addition to the regulator I also use a switch. After distroying a Lipo I have learnt to put the switch in the cable before the regulator

Now I leave the battery connected but just make sure the switch is off...
With a small RX the regulator nicely fits inside the RX box together with the switch.
Hi Edgar,

thanks for the info. I suspected that.

Hi Julius,

you are correct that when you leave the LiPo connected to the receiver it'll discharge, but I guess nobody would do that anyways.

But when you use a switch, there's two places it could be integrated:

a.) between the regulator and the receiver (bad, because the regulator will deep discharge the LiPo eventually)

b.) between the battery and the regulator, which is what I just did.

I do have it in the receiver box, together with the SR3500 and my PT..
Old 05-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

After 11 years running Mugen sedans and recently having switched to a 733, I have to say, quality wise, Serpent is still the dark side

But, it's a good handling car, if you keep it away from anything solid
I don't believe it!! You got a Serpent????
Old 05-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
I don't believe it!! You got a Serpent????
Yep, sh!t happens, right?

My son's been running a 966 for the last two seasons with some support and it was kinda odd that I ran Mugen.

So far, I am not really sure if that was the best decision, but I'll give the car this season to see where Serpent will be going with it.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Tech Champion

Xceed release New Brake Disk
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-xc-103024.jpg  
Old 05-05-2010, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Xceed release New Brake Disk
GReat disk...
Old 05-05-2010, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Yep, sh!t happens, right?

My son's been running a 966 for the last two seasons with some support and it was kinda odd that I ran Mugen.

So far, I am not really sure if that was the best decision, but I'll give the car this season to see where Serpent will be going with it.
Hey just give the car a fair chance, I felt a little funny when I switched too!!. It's different but it handles very well and it really does have a "wide sweet spot". Good luck, and I'm sure you will keep me posted on you progress.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys,

we went to Ft myers this weekend to the Sour Grapes race and we took the opportunity to test many setup options. Ft Myers has being just resurfaced so the track is very smooth and has great traction. Also we had many good drivers attending, so we had a way to compare were we at. DJ try many different setups and he found a better one. His car was ballistic and he broke the track record.
The main difference is the rear link position. We found out that using a lot of angle in the link get rids of the floating feeling that the car has some times in the middle of the corner and also makes the car run flat too.

We like the best the inner lower position inside in the link bracket and either the outside hole in the uprigth with 5mm spacers, or the inside with 4mm. Having the link with a lot of angle will maybe make you suspension bind a little under compression. Just remove a little material on the plastic cups to allow the extra movement and will be fine
Have fun
Old 05-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I agree Paolo, I’ve been using this same linkage setup with great results here at the Worlds track, I’m also using the Chevy body here with improved lap time. Very consistent with this body, perfect balance between steering and stability which is very important with a technical track like this one.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi Guys,

we went to Ft myers this weekend to the Sour Grapes race and we took the opportunity to test many setup options. Ft Myers has being just resurfaced so the track is very smooth and has great traction. Also we had many good drivers attending, so we had a way to compare were we at. DJ try many different setups and he found a better one. His car was ballistic and he broke the track record.
The main difference is the rear link position. We found out that using a lot of angle in the link get rids of the floating feeling that the car has some times in the middle of the corner and also makes the car run flat too.

We like the best the inner lower position inside in the link bracket and either the outside hole in the uprigth with 5mm spacers, or the inside with 4mm. Having the link with a lot of angle will maybe make you suspension bind a little under compression. Just remove a little material on the plastic cups to allow the extra movement and will be fine
Have fun
Hi Paolo,

Any chance of us getting your setup sheet ?

Would be greatly appreciated !

Greetz,

Christoph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.