Search

V-One RRR vs G4 Evo+ calling owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default V-One RRR vs G4 Evo+ calling owners

I have a V-one RRR; thinking about to get a second car--->G4 Evo +
If you are a G4 Evo + owner, please tell me what you think?
Thanks for helping...
Old 06-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have driven a g4s and I have a G4RS I am selling ( for cheap PM me if you want). the g4s handled like a dream, combined with the JLR red dot I had I was very fast on the track, I only broke 1 part with my g4s the entire time I had it, it was the front c/f shock tower, I flew into a barrier at 30mph and the car dipped under the barrier snapped the tower.

as far as the g4+ I would say wait for the g4II its right around the corner and has ideas never before seen on 1/10th scale onroad nitros.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

G4 has way too many models...
Whats the difference between g4s and g4rs? Are their parts interchangeable.
Back in the old days, I knew we had the Mongoose....too bad dicontinue, thats why i am a bit skeptical to order another TM G4...
Old 06-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
I have driven a g4s and I have a G4RS I am selling ( for cheap PM me if you want). the g4s handled like a dream, combined with the JLR red dot I had I was very fast on the track, I only broke 1 part with my g4s the entire time I had it, it was the front c/f shock tower, I flew into a barrier at 30mph and the car dipped under the barrier snapped the tower.

as far as the g4+ I would say wait for the g4II its right around the corner and has ideas never before seen on 1/10th scale onroad nitros.
thanks
Old 06-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...8535&pageNum=8

G4RS vs RRR (remember alot of it is driver too)

The G4RS has better parts than the G4S, it has a new sway bar setup that the g4s didnt have, new transmission, the radio tray was revised to allow for easier access, the a-arms were floating a-arms, most parts are interchangable between the g4s and g4rs

it had great improvements over the g4s thats why i sold my g4s for the rs, but at the same time I was intorduced to off-road and I ran that and then I took a break from r/c all together.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...5132&pageNum=7

that link shows you a great picture of what to get, the G4 Evo+ was basically a G4+ that wasnt limited edition for everyone.

Dont get me wrong the G4 Evo+ is a better car than the G4RS (from what I have seen) I am just offering a G4RS for almost $100 under retail and mine is still brand new.

BUT if you want something thats the best TM offers wait for the Team Magic G4 II which will sell for $500+ if you dont pre-order.

also the Mongoose was not a TM product, it was a similar design marketed by RD Logics, I have a mongoose and I am trying to get rid of it for super cheap with no luck..
the G4 series ARE NOT mongooses, they are much more durable, handle better, have better support, everything about them is far superior than the mongoose.

so if bad expirences with the mongoose are keeping you from a TM product dont let that happen, I had the same situation, owned a mongoose wanted something newer, went G4S and it was a night and day difference.

people are still winning with the g4rs because its a competitve car.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xxx123
I have a V-one RRR; thinking about to get a second car--->G4 Evo +
If you are a G4 Evo + owner, please tell me what you think?
Thanks for helping...
If you like your RRR than you will like your G4 plus EVO. I have 4 cars and my favorite two are the RRR and the G4+. . If you got the money then you should get the TM you will like it as much as your Kyosho. You Can also get the NT1 it is not a bad car.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Tech Addict

Back in the old days, I knew we had the Mongoose....too bad dicontinue, thats why i am a bit skeptical to order another TM G4...
V1 also has many versions, imo.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

You are pretty confused bud.

Big difference between MODELS and VERSIONS .

A different Model is a completely different car. ie: V1 R and V1RRR

A different Version is the same car with upgraded parts or different options. ie: V1RRR and V1RRR WC Evo, Xray Nt1 2008 , Xray Nt1 2009, G4RS, G4+Evo.

I hope this clears your confusion
Old 06-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Stick with the Kyosho, and forget about the TM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Stick with the Kyosho, and forget about the TM.
Stick with what you like best.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

driven both car before. definitely there's handling difference,but i recon its the difference in setup or my hands couldnt cope. been in this situation before, the best advice given to me was just stick with ur chassis. keep the money for something else
Old 06-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nazwenhome
driven both car before. definitely there's handling difference,but i recon its the difference in setup or my hands couldnt cope. been in this situation before, the best advice given to me was just stick with ur chassis. keep the money for something else
Very well said!!!

But if you got the Money to spare than why not try??

to me driving the same car all the time is like having the same lunch everyday and if I don't try something else how will I ever know if it good or not?
Old 06-04-2009, 10:19 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...8535&pageNum=8

also the Mongoose was not a TM product, it was a similar design marketed by RD Logics, I have a mongoose and I am trying to get rid of it for super cheap with no luck..
the G4 series ARE NOT mongooses, they are much more durable, handle better, have better support, everything about them is far superior than the mongoose.

so if bad expirences with the mongoose are keeping you from a TM product dont let that happen, I had the same situation, owned a mongoose wanted something newer, went G4S and it was a night and day difference.
WRONG....the Mongoose was a TM product, it was the original G4 Black Magic E, C series, with some K-factory optionals as standard which the original G4 didn't have....at that time RD Logics sold the Mongoose and Trinity sold the G4, and I was TM's deaker here in Peru.

All G4 series TM's including the Mongoose share ther same basic platform and most parts are interchangaeable and or upgradable, because it is the same model, just different improved versions, I had them all Mongoose, G4 Black Magic E, G4S, G4JS and currently I have the G4 Evo Plus.
That is why in my opinion the new car should be called G5 to avoid more confusion, because this is a completely new car.

AFM
Old 06-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Whoa....I guess he told you all ....just out of curiosity...what does a deaker do again?
Old 06-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Umm WRONG, RD logics marketed and built their own Mongoose using the same design, once Team Magic started up on the g4s the build quality and performance sky rocketed over the mongoose.

the only thing the mongoose and g4s share is a similar design/layout, parts quality and upgrades to it are completely different. Thats the only reason I went with the G4S because I did my research and saw TM was using different material over the Mongoose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.