Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Motor Options for 1/10 Nitro >

Motor Options for 1/10 Nitro

Motor Options for 1/10 Nitro

Old 06-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Motor Options for 1/10 Nitro

FINALLY.. well.. not finally.. but... I am going to get either a XRAY NT1, SERPENT 720 09, or TC3N and need engine help(actually.. its whatever I can get a better deal on in terms of cars)

I am going to be running a high speed oval.. any suggestions on what I should get.. I was looking at Novarossi and others.. but not sure.. I have yet to find a site that has a motor shootout or anything like that. Also... what what exhaust options.. and servos??

Thanks
Old 06-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

my suggestion with sevos would be the futaba 451 bsl. as for motors look in to the novarossi 353 09 the max xxl3 an rb t9rc. and if you got more money to spent visit murnan modified website and pick one of the engines(cant go wrong with any of them)
Old 06-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

both xxl3 and nova 353 suits your application. the cheaper and easy tuning option will be grp mario rossi tuned engine+pipe package.

as for servo, u will need fast servo for your steering such as sanwa erg-wrx. if your oval track is slightly inclined angle, then u should consider slightly higher torque servo eg. sanwa erg-vz.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nazwenhome
both xxl3 and nova 353 suits your application. the cheaper and easy tuning option will be grp mario rossi tuned engine+pipe package.

as for servo, u will need fast servo for your steering such as sanwa erg-wrx. if your oval track is slightly inclined angle, then u should consider slightly higher torque servo eg. sanwa erg-vz.

The xxl3 and nova are probably awsome but a little out of my price range.. I looked for the GRP mario rossi and could not find any place that sells it. Where did u find it?
Old 06-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1995_corvette
FINALLY.. well.. not finally.. but... I am going to get either a XRAY NT1, SERPENT 720 09, or TC3N and need engine help(actually.. its whatever I can get a better deal on in terms of cars)

I am going to be running a high speed oval.. any suggestions on what I should get.. I was looking at Novarossi and others.. but not sure.. I have yet to find a site that has a motor shootout or anything like that. Also... what what exhaust options.. and servos??

Thanks
the os. tz.12 is a good motor for the price and easy to tune.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

"both xxl3 and nova 353 suits your application. the cheaper and easy tuning option will be grp mario rossi tuned engine+pipe package."

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
the os. tz.12 is a good motor for the price and easy to tune.
Motor choice is so tough...I noticed you are running the Nova 353... how is that on terms of off corner power vs the os tz.12??

Anyone found a review on the XXL3 or the nova 353 or the os tz.12...