Wiki Posts
Search

2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default like to bable

Originally Posted by schurcr
I don't know if Porter, Texas is located in Tornado alley but I do know that all the blocs are allocated 32 slots. If the non host countries do not use all their slots they go back to IFMAR and are typically reallocated to the host country. In this case that would be ROAR.

This is the selection process pre the '09 ROAR rule book section 11.2

11.2.1 ROAR has adopted a general policy for selecting the members of a WC team. Those eligible for the team include:

11.2.1.1 All ROAR member drivers who raced the Main event at the Previous WC in that class, and

11.2.1.2 The top finishers (the exact number depends on the number of pre-qualified drivers from the prior WC) in that class from the previous year’s ROAR Nationals.

11.2.2 If ROAR events other than ROAR Nationals are to be used to qualify drivers for the ROAR WC Team, those events will have secondary priority to ROAR National events.

11.2.4 Drivers qualified for a WC must keep their membership current or they will lose their eligibility.

11.2.5 Since there are normally some drivers who are eligible, but not able, to attend the WC, a system for selecting alternates has been established. Any driver wanting to be considered as an alternate may send a resume of racing experience to the ROAR Administrator. Selection will be determined by the ROAR President and/or the ROAR Administrator depending on event, location and other specifics pertaining to an individual event. (Fuel or Electric) as posted on the ROAR web site. Selection of alternates will be based on racing experience, and will take place after the deadline for primary entries has expired. Primary consideration for alternate status on a World Championship Team will be given applicants that have won first place in the appropriate class at their Regional event.

asw7576 ..... those are pictures of the old track and facility. They are completely rebuilding the track at this moment and have added an 8,000 sq. ft. 2 story building at the far end of the track in first picture and would be located where the second picture was taken. The building is 4,000 sq. ft. of bathrooms, snack bar and indoor pit spaces to comfortably accommodate 150 drivers in the first floor and 4000 sq. ft. on the second floor for race control, and private offices. The new track will be a similar layout that conforms to all IFMAR rules and track requirements for a world championships.
wow you like to type
Old 03-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Riketsu
I wonder why all your comments have to be negative. If you don't like what people post, don't read it. Simple as that.

I actually enjoy all the points Rainer brings to the table, some I agree some I disagree, but still being brought out.
i wonder why you allways have something to say
tthanks big TOM
Old 03-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

I was at this race,Bob and roger are very much aware of all these issues. TQ spot was talked about along with many small issues... I wouldnt worry about any of this period. IFMAR will make it all correct also... This was a test run race... note PRE-WORLDS, it doesnt mean anything,sure you want it to go smooth,but if mistakes were made this was the time to make them... all in all it was run really well i think they did a great job.... CM

Last edited by metheny; 03-16-2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: ADD MORE
Old 03-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default XRAY Challenge Race

In the case you haven't noticed it yet, there is another major race planned at Gulf Coast Raceway, home of the 2010 IFMAR 1/10th IC Track World Championship. That race is the;

XRAY Challenge Race
May 21, 22, 23, 2010

Yes, the European and US XRAY Team drivers will be in attendance and are offering to help anyone with setup and tuning. Come out and join in the fun.

Once you are the web site, you can click on the XRAY logo for the race flyer or go the the page marked XRAY Challenge Race Entry Form.

See you soon at GULF COAST RACEWAY,
Roger

Last edited by Woodlands Racer; 03-23-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

please visit this link: this is how coverage should be in the coming worlds!

http://www.neobuggy.tv/neo2010/index.html
Old 04-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The list of drivers who are representing the US at the Worlds in July:

http://www.roarracing.com/?p=555
Old 04-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is this the final list ?? Where are guys like Tosolini and Mike S ?
Old 04-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jelayne
Is this the final list ?? Where are guys like Tosolini and Mike S ?
It's not the final list, so if anyone wants to race, you can now be an alternate. This list is for the confirmed paid drivers at this point. I believe!!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Correct on the previous post.... But the list also has alternates on it already who have met all qualifications that ROAR has listed on the website. Qualified drivers got letters to sign up a few weeks before any other entries were accepted. Hopefully those people read those letters and followed the instructions on them and didn't automatically assume that because they got a letter they were automatically in. It does and has happenned. Just sayin....

A confirmed driver has paid the entry fee and is current on ROAR membership through the end of the event. If you feel as though you have signed up and do not see your name on the list, one of the 2 things above have not been completed. You must be a ROAR member now and through the end of the event to have your name on that list... Its not like a traditional race where you can "Get ROAR membership at the track" At any rate, you need to contact the ROAR administrator if you think you should be on the list. (ROAR members that is)

I know it was updated and now shows Swauger on the list... He had signed up well in time, just a small administration error is all. Not sure on Tosso... I do know that he received the letter. Maybe he will be in contact with someone at ROAR pretty soon since there is only 1 or 2 available spots left on the 40 allocated to the host bloc?!?!?!

Just to clarify, the Host Bloc gets 40 automatically.... Each of the other blocs will get 32... If those other blocs do not fill up the spots, they get re-issued to IFMAR who then re-distributes those un-used entries to blocs that are in need of them. It isn't automatic that the host bloc gets them, but in most cases, it is what happens. At the Worlds in NC 2008, there were about 5 or 6 un-used entries that were not given out until the last day of registration at the event. I personally don't suspect that this race has that happen, but just to let you know, it could. Basically, people at the NC race showed up only "in hopes" of getting into the event. So really, if you have an interest in racing this event, the best chance of that happenning is to get signed up now. Don't wait till later. Once the 40 is filled up, a waiting list will then be generated...

To get on the waiting list, you still need to be in compliance of all the stuff required and you have to sign up and pay just like if you were going to be in the race... Its not as simple as "Put me on the waiting list".... Again, it does and has happenned. Just sayin...

Last edited by Orange; 04-06-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Oh... BTW... I was going over the IFMAR rules that are on the website... People attending might want to get aquainted with them. There are some changes. One very important one looks to be that front spools have been banned. I don't know the reasoning for this as I have just seen this myself in the rules. Just thought I would pass that along...

Rule 5.27

http://www.ifmar.org/pdf/rules/ifmar...track_2010.pdf
Old 04-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Orange
Oh... BTW... I was going over the IFMAR rules that are on the website... People attending might want to get aquainted with them. There are some changes. One very important one looks to be that front spools have been banned. I don't know the reasoning for this as I have just seen this myself in the rules. Just thought I would pass that along...

Rule 5.27

Anyone have a reason for the ban on spools?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Orange

Rule 5.27

From the same pdf document you can read this.
Rule 5.1
Only one (1) brake, working on the central power transmission, is allowed. No second or individual brake system(s) for front and/or rear axles or single wheels is allowed.
Does this meen you can't use the Shepherd V10 car, where brake is applyed on the rear axel?
Old 04-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MackanG
From the same pdf document you can read this.
Rule 5.1
Only one (1) brake, working on the central power transmission, is allowed. No second or individual brake system(s) for front and/or rear axles or single wheels is allowed.
Does this meen you can't use the Shepherd V10 car, where brake is applyed on the rear axel?
That just means that you cant have more than one brake, like 1/5th scale cars have 4 wheel disk brakes, or 1/8th buggies have front and rear brakes. If you use a diff you will have the same braking as you do with a spool.

I would really like to know why spools are not permited, I want to know the reasoning behind it.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
That just means that you cant have more than one brake, like 1/5th scale cars have 4 wheel disk brakes, or 1/8th buggies have front and rear brakes. If you use a diff you will have the same braking as you do with a spool.

I would really like to know why spools are not permited, I want to know the reasoning behind it.
Have you ever heard of the famous saying by Jim Rice? "RULES are RULES they don't change"
Old 04-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Have you ever heard of the famous saying by Jim Rice? "RULES are RULES they don't change"
Aint that the truth i wonder why spools are not allowed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.