Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION >

2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION

2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION

Old 10-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default wc

mr benitez when will the deadline be and when will there be a otice of who got selected.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default wc

word has preworlds in end of january possibly
Old 10-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
If you qualify or not the fee is the same. The entry fee for the worlds is high. I know we are paying $360.00 for this year's worlds. Not sure what it will be for the 2010. As for getting in, if you do not qualify you can still try to get in, but there are procedures. I suggest who ever is interested reads to find the truth. The other contries will be given a deadline to enter. If they do not use their spots those spots will come back to the US. That is when people can really start writing letters and tring to get in the race.
Can't you fill out an application type of paper and send it into ROAR and they approve or not?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

From Dawn regarding the resume responses

"Our Administrator will be sending those after the first of the year, more typically in February."

pre-worlds has me slightly confused unless it is open to non-confirmed entries if a January race has been confirmed.

I live near the track, we are not in any real harms way at the end of July except it will be 100 degrees and 95% humidity. There could be hurricanes, but you usually get a weeks warning for those, they are fairly safe to avoid.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
From Dawn regarding the resume responses

"Our Administrator will be sending those after the first of the year, more typically in February."

pre-worlds has me slightly confused unless it is open to non-confirmed entries if a January race has been confirmed.

I live near the track, we are not in any real harms way at the end of July except it will be 100 degrees and 95% humidity. There could be hurricanes, but you usually get a weeks warning for those, they are fairly safe to avoid.
Why have the Worlds during the hottest, most humid time of the year?? This will make things tough on people. I personally can not deal with that type of heat. Will you have air conditioned trailers available for people. That type of heat can be deadly to people who are not used to it. I remember the last time I went to this track. It was over 100 degrees F in July. Absolutely miserable.

I would imagine this will limit the entries. Why not have the Worlds during a pleasant time of year?
Old 10-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I love my racing but who wants to go and spend that kinda money to be miserable with those temperatures. Someone didnt think this situation thru very good.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The coolest spot in the area is at the left end of the track upstairs drinking a cold BEER watching the race! AWSOME !
I cant go to the race as a racer.
I could go as a good pit guy been doing this a long time! Hint Hint !
All expence paid Pit Person ! ! And someone to talk to on the RIDE 13 HRS !
You only live once GO FOR -IT !

Good Luck to Everyone attending !
later
Jeff E

Blowin Smoke BBQ
Old 10-16-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by King Nitro
I love my racing but who wants to go and spend that kinda money to be miserable with those temperatures. Someone didnt think this situation thru very good.
Lets ride out there steve and party and watch /take pictures of the whole thing !
J.E.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Suspended

I could deal with kickin back in the aircondition while having some drinks and watching the race. As for being a Pit Bit.. I'll have to pass on that.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
Why have the Worlds during the hottest, most humid time of the year?? This will make things tough on people. I personally can not deal with that type of heat. Will you have air conditioned trailers available for people. That type of heat can be deadly to people who are not used to it. I remember the last time I went to this track. It was over 100 degrees F in July. Absolutely miserable.

I would imagine this will limit the entries. Why not have the Worlds during a pleasant time of year?
The story I was told, was that originally the previous track manager (who has been replaced by Jeremy Cupps) was only told that he could host at the end of July although we all know worlds happens +/- a few months because July isn't ideal here. I am honestly expecting at least one european to drop from heat stroke. Perhaps your pit man will be required to bring you a cold towel every 20 minutes or so.

They have indoor VIP areas that I believe you can rent out as a team(s) but to date they have never been rented and have high quality finishes so they may not be for anything except the after hours festivities.

Lets limit the entries so I can get in anyway :P I am good with that.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by King Nitro
I could deal with kickin back in the aircondition while having some drinks and watching the race. As for being a Pit Bit.. I'll have to pass on that.
I dont have to be a Pit Bit !
I'm just tring to be there,for the love of R/C !
Maby we can get out there for the mains , Cold drinks and a/c!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Their is more information to come we will have air conditioned pit areas available to rent, I dont have any more info on that rite now but will keep you posted. I have raced at this track numerous times during july and it is not that bad! We have a world class facility, and we will make shure everyone is takin care of the best we can!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grinder

Hey man, It's just like being in Iraq except your not getting shot at. I got you coverd. For you, just stay hydrated!!! For the motor 7 or 8 plug.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Default Up-to-date info on the 2010 Sedan Worlds

Hey guys,
The web site for the 2010 Sedan World Championship has been updated and you will find pictures of the new track layout under the "GALLERY" tab and hotel deals under the "NEWS" tab.

Further information soon to be released includes;
  • AC Pit offices for rent,
  • Pre-Worlds dates to be released soon,
  • Fuel Sponsor to be announced

Keep checking the web site at http://www.2010ifmar200mmsedanworlds.com/Home_Page.html for up to date information.

Roger Bourland
Chief Event Organizer
Old 10-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Track size ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.