R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #16
Tech Addict
Default starter box

Is your local hobby shop run by Radio Shack Seriously though, unless you got the wrong harness, its just a simple series circuit. Without seeing everything I can only guess but here goes: If it uses two motors then they are wired in series meaning the (-) terminal of one goes to the (+) terminal of the other. That should leave you with one (-) terminal free on one motor and one (+) terminal free on the other motor. Now I dont know if you are using one battery or two. If you are using two batts then they are situated the same way as the motors(series). Now one side of the bump start is wired to the (-) terminal of the batt.The (+) side of the batt is wired to the (-) side of the motor(s). The other side of the bump start will go to the panel. I will "assume" that the panel has a on/off sw and maybe a glow ignitor connection. Anyway I would suggest wiring the box so that when the sw is off , everything is dead. Now from the panel continue on to the (+) side (free terminal) of the motor(s). This completes the series circuit for basic operartion. The charging jacks will go directly to the (-) and (+) terminals of your batt arrangment(parallel) allowing the batts to be charged even when the sw is off. This means that the batt terminals will have two wires on them. I hope this helps you. This is not etched in stone as there are other ways to wire this circuit,but this should get you started. Please post pics, and then we can all be sure of what you have. Ken
kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #17
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If your still looking, here's my chrome top with the power panel.

Hope that helps. Any questions, just ask.
Rich E

Inferno GT1 / LRP Z.28R / Ipanema 2-speed / Dragon Racing / Max Velocity
Monster GT / LRP ZR.30
Spektrum DX3R
rpespo is offline   Reply With Quote