Wiki Posts
Search

Gq tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Gq tires

Hi everyone, does anyone know where i can buy these bad boys?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Hi everyone, does anyone know where i can buy these bad boys?
Try www.racedayhobbies.com
Old 05-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks scott, btw do you know their number so i can talk directly to them? i just hate waiting for a reply.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks scott, btw do you know their number so i can talk directly to them? i just hate waiting for a reply.
Try that number. That is TMA (team marketing america) which is the same guy.
Ph:480-983-4016
Old 05-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks scott, will give that number a shot tomorrow, nite time now in toronto. If i have any problem will pm you, if that is ok with you.
Reason i`m asking about a place to buy these r, the distributor in toronto, he`s going back home to china, and i really LOVE these tires, better than anything i have ever driven with. thanks Scott.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks scott, will give that number a shot tomorrow, nite time now in toronto. If i have any problem will pm you, if that is ok with you.
Reason i`m asking about a place to buy these r, the distributor in toronto, he`s going back home to china, and i really LOVE these tires, better than anything i have ever driven with. thanks Scott.
I don't care if you PM me, but I don't know how much I can help you. GQ makes a good tire, but has continually suffered from poor distribution in the USA (don't know about Canada). I used to run those tire exclusively about 4 years ago but couldn't stand the inconsistant availability of the product. If you ultimately can't get what you want, there are many good tire choices out there right now.

I have raced:
Treadz
GQ
Jaco
Microsystem
GRP (various labels)
Kawahara
Kyosho red box

Some are better than others, but most are pretty good and there are ones I have never run, but I bet are also good tires.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

I am sponsored by GQ and you should have no problem getting them from racedayhobbies.com or teammarketingamerica.com Everytime i've emailed them, they have all the tires that i've needed, in stock. Your best bet will be to order them from one of those websites. But if you'd like to email them, the email address I use is: [email protected] and the guy you want to talk to is Sam Felish. Hope that helps.
Let me know if there's anything else you need.
Paul
Old 05-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks scott and jetmd
Question for jetmd, which ones do they have? the old style or the newer ones?if you don`t mind me asking.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Not sure what you mean by old or new. If you're asking about the rims, the only rim that i've gotten from them is the super strong one. I used them for one season so far and i've never bent a rim. The car will break before these rims will bend. They also seal the tires on a plastic bag to keep them fresh and give you sidewall stickers for the rears if you like to use them. So far, the wear has been incredibly good and I always use a softer shore than any other tire.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Hello,

I heard your message on our phone yesterday and walked out of the warehouse and forgot to call you back.

We have been the GQ USA Nitro tire distributor for a bit over a year and a dealer for them for about 4 to 5 years. They produced a great performance tire. The new tire is not the foam compound, but a new lightweight rim. It takes some grams off the present orange rim we have been using for years. This is in the sedan tires.

As mentioned above, you can find our tires at www.teammarketingamerica.com in the on-line store and www.racedayhobbies.com website. Also as stated above by others we have not and don't have today any out of stock in the 1/10th sedan tire line. We hope to stock the new lighter rim tire sometime this summer. I hate to loose the orange rim!!!! lol

However since you live in Canada, the distributor/retailer there is Competition RC. They have the Nitro Sedan tires as well and your cost for shipping should be much less.

I will call you today in either case but wanted to make sure I answered your question in this format also.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default GQ Tires

Hello!
The old BBS style GQ tires has been around for some years now.
I have been running the tires since 2005 on tracks all over the world and tires works great on most tracks, I am supported by GQ and also take part in the process of developing the product with feedback to the factory.

But there is allways time for improvements and during the Worlds in Portugal 2008 we tested some new rims, see link on RedRC.

http://events.redrc.net/page/14/

This rim was very light but a bit to fragile and never sold to the public, this year GQ introduces an new rim availabe in white color and the spokes in the rims are now stronger but rim still lighter than before. White just because a majority of drivers prefer the white colour, but the old style orange ones is still available. The new rims comes in two versions, HARD (with similar hardness of rim as before) and a SOFT version I have found to work very well on bumpy tracks as it absorbs the bumps better. For most tracks and hot conditions the HARD version is to prefer.

Picture of my car last weekend:

http://www.gqproduct.com/NEWS/race/Sweden20090509b.jpg

I have raced the new white "hard" rims for practice and two racers now and they work very very good!

Good luck using GQ tires in 2009!

PER-OLA HARD
WWW.NITRO-10.TK
GQ PRODUCTS, SERPENT, RB ENGINES, MERLIN FUEL DRIVER
Old 05-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the excellent information. I always liked the orange rims for their stiffness and also for being almost indestructable. Plus when you are driving with GQ Tires there is no mistake about it. The orange rims stand out!! My customers that are racers reported they have found the wall from time to time (lol) and then have responded positively to the orange rim. My basher customers feel the same way.

Racing here in the west having the hard rim is beneficial when racing on hot blacktop. So many other rims will go out of round in one heat due to the heat. But the stiffness of the rim is excellent racing on mostly permanent tracks with smooth surfaces. I have not as yet used the softer rim.

I would like for GQ to be more supportive of a racing program here in the states. The high quality of the tire is found after someone has used the tire. But getting racers to try the tire has been difficult due to the cost being a bit higher than competitive lower quality tires. I have even lowered our retail well below the Map Pricing to try to gain more loyal users. If GQ would support a world class driver here in the states it would really jump start our brand awareness. But we try our best keeping the tire in stock all the time and as mentioned with lower pricing to help drivers experience the Quality of GQ Tires.

Thanks again for the pics and information.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Rookie

I was into gq tires awhile ago, I have about 40 sets
in diff shore in plastic rap still in orignal boxes for a good price. [email protected]