Identifying older Kyosho cars

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Identifying older Kyosho cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks everyone! Now I know what it is. I will continue to try to find parts. No luck so far including no response from Kyosho USA. Guess it may get Binned or ripped apart an used for some other project.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The night I figured out what it was, I went on K USA's site and punched in "QRC". A whole bunch of parts came up... including your body. (not sure what QRC parts are the same as I never owned one) But the diff parts and housing are from a super10. The knuckles and "C" blocks were used on many, many, many K cars throught the years... you should be able to find them (I'm sure I have them). Things that will be hard are things that are "spicific" to that car (odd car)... chassis... dogbones????

Landjump has one for sale... maybe you can get him to print a copy of the manual... Or at least the exploded view... that will give you all the part numbers
Old 11-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fw-03 & Fw-04 whats the difference ?

Cut to the chase, I have what I thought was an Fw-o4 and the top and bottom chassis were pretty bad so I couldn't find the parts at the time so I traced them out kinda made my own out of aluminum (too thin) anyways I found the top chassis on Ebay, and it s the same almost but a little bit narrower, and I just found a new original 04 bottom and the same thing. so obviously I have a different Fw. My original top chassis had a K on the front of it. It came to me with a porsche 911 body with no engine , so since I made my own chassis ,I converted it to a .21 big block. I crashed it , and I need front lower A-arm and spindel . [email protected]
Old 12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Unknown Kyosho 1980's electric

My 10yo son bought a collection of old RC bits from the markets on the weekend. He has high hopes of getting something running from all this, as previously he's only been able to afford toy-quality cars.

The best chance seems to be this Kyosho electric. (There's also a fuel-engined car, maybe Kyosho too, and some odds-and-ends.) Please forgive my ignorance on these matters - I'm into electric RC planes, myself.

I've looked online at everything I can find, and have found similar Kyosho models, but not identical. I know parts will be hard to obtain, so identifying the car would be a good start.

I'd date this at mid-to-late 1980's due to the mechanical speed controller. The rear-end seems identical to Kyosho Ultima, though the chassis and front end are different. I'm thinking this might have had a truck-type body, rather than a buggy, as the front body attachment points are very high.

We are missing the swing shafts, so I'm hoping to confirm they are identical to the Ultima so we can try to track some down. Also the electric motor and gear is missing, and the gearbox cover. We can make the cover if we have to, but getting the right gear onto a motor shaft seems critical.

If anybody can help identify this, or give us some advice how to proceed, we'd be very grateful.
Attached Thumbnails Identifying older Kyosho cars-kyosho-electric-1ss.jpg   Identifying older Kyosho cars-kyosho-electric-2ss.jpg   Identifying older Kyosho cars-kyosho-electric-3ss.jpg   Identifying older Kyosho cars-kyosho-electric-4ss.jpg   Identifying older Kyosho cars-kyosho-electric-5ss.jpg  

Old 12-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Initiate

It looks like the swing shafts we'll need would be around 67mm long. See the diagram in the Ultima manual, page 6.

www dot vintagekyosho dot com/manuals/kyosho_ultima.pdf

Last edited by Pijuvwy; 12-07-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Some success: I have found a pretty close match, in the Kyosho Outrage. My son's seems to be the exact same item but with a different front mount for a truck body.

So, still any suggestions on how to get the parts to complete it would be great.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Maybe a silly questions, but have you tried Kyosho's website. I think you can dig up manuals, of their discontinued cars from the site.

www.kyoshousa.com
Old 12-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks. I hadn't found that site, but did find www dot kyosho dot com/eng/

Neither seems to have manuals for discontinued products.

I must apologise for posting in the Nitro On-Road section here. The thread name matched what I needed, and I didn't notice the rest.

I've started a thread in a more appropriate place:
www dot rctech dot net/forum/electric-off-road/349830-kyosho-outrage-restoration.html

Sorry for the "dot" in the url. I'm under newbie's restrictions not to post links.

Last edited by Pijuvwy; 12-07-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hope this is my lucky straw!

Greetings fellow RC maniacs!

I see that this is an older post but I hope someone can help me !

Looking at the pictures from Wicked Jones I can tell the engine model from my old RC is exactly the same, the car is still in really good shape.

Only one part was broken, the "String Part" which you pull to get the engine going !

I searched everywhere on the Kyosho website and other well known sites selling RC parts but with no luck.

If any of you could just tell me what category that engine is; or even better, where to find that "Pulling String thingy piece" I would be very thankfull

Best Regards Saphy
Old 09-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Saphy

If i'm not mistaken the engine on Wicked Jones car is the Kyosho GS-11R pull starts for this model of engine are found easly on eBay. Example below:

hXXp://cgi.ebay.ie/Kyosho-FW04-NEW-GS11-GS15-R-Engine-PULL-START-74381-07-/160639594598?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&ha sh=item2566ddb066

Hope this helps.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Tech Rookie

It's a qrc superten qrc sv rally, I have one also the one way bearing just went out, not ver fast but tuens on a dime
Old 10-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile old car

Hi this is my first post ever , I also have bought old Kyosho car and its the first nitro car I have ever bought , the problem is that I don't know the first thing about them . I have a couple of electric new bright toy cars I got for my grandson but this car is a whole different animal and now that I have it I seem to have the bug where I want to get it going and get my grandson involved in running it with me . I have some photos I will try to upload . The person who sold it to me said he thought it could be fixed as it used to run a few years back so I paidŁ30 on ebay I think it needs a glow plug and a pull start and I have not looked at any other bits yet. Like the previous post any help would be welcome things like how do I know what type of glow plug do I need and will any pull start fit regards Robby
Attached Thumbnails Identifying older Kyosho cars-car-001.jpg   Identifying older Kyosho cars-car-002.jpg   Identifying older Kyosho cars-car-003.jpg   Identifying older Kyosho cars-car-004.jpg   Identifying older Kyosho cars-car-005.jpg  

Old 12-05-2015, 06:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Rc nitro car info

Hi people I am new to this rc nitro hobby and need some help on what car I have all I know it's a kyosho gx12 any help thanks
Attached Thumbnails Identifying older Kyosho cars-img_00000009.jpg